Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:38:15 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Last Dragon « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: The Last Dragon  (Read 110940 times)
Max
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2007, 02:47:06 PM »

This is by far my most sought after film that couldn't even be topped by my childhood favorite "Goonies". The Last Dragon has all the qualities that made up my personality and my desires of that time in my life. I ordered the DVD last year and I couldn't wait for it to show up so I ended up renting it a day before it came in the mail  Smile No regrets. That movie is Freaking Awesome! Entertainment! Entertainment! Taimak made me want to be a better person & my life has been forever shaped by the character Bruce Lee Roy. I'm not so sure a Last Dragon could surpass the or even match the impact that the original Last Dragon has made to everyones childhood. If you're gonna try, please give it a different name as to not tarnish the title "The Last Dragon".

Erskin - maxfaction.com
Hailing from: The U.S. Virgin Islands - St. Croix
impasse
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2007, 01:48:04 PM »

This is the movie that really inspired me to work on the jump spinning kick.  I eventually got so good at it that for demonstrations I would do board breaks with it.  Blindfolded.

Thanks for the inspiration!!
Codefire
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2007, 11:49:29 AM »

I was at a showing of "The Last Dragon" about two years ago in Queens NY and Taimak was there to answer questions. Nice guy and of course he addressed the issue of "The Last Dragon 2." Mainly everyone wanted to do it but there were some complex licensing issues to work out. Guess it didn't happen  Bluesad
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2007, 04:11:02 PM »

This was probably the first movie to give me a genuine 'mulitcultural' experience.

As a child I was too young to understand that significance. As an adult this would likely make me groan for its 80s camp.

Truth be told, I'm not going to rave about how essential this movie is, becuase if you're going to have people glowing, you might as well have them shooting fireballs and fighting ghosts.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2007, 07:11:18 AM »

A former co worker suggested that I watch this film, since it's just corny all the way.  I watched it during my leave of absence from work, and loved the film.  It's one of those films that it's corny, but you just love it.
Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2008, 04:43:02 PM »

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup hot hot hot

I can not believe you listed this under bad movies.   Hatred You do not get it!!!!

I love this movie.  Whenever it is on, I watch it.   Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

Taimak hot hot hot hot hot

Julius Carry  hot hot hot hot hot
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2008, 09:21:46 PM »

I can not believe you listed this under bad movies.   Hatred You do not get it!!!!

Perhaps you should read my review, then decide if I "get it" or not.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
theresa
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2008, 04:00:53 PM »

who played sho nuff in this movie, I said it was busta rymes am I wrong?
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2008, 04:20:26 PM »

who played sho nuff in this movie, I said it was busta rymes am I wrong?

Julius Carry  He passed away on 19 August 2008 at the age of 56.

Busta Rhymes would have been about 13 when this was made.

The IMDb is an online database that lists just about everything you could ever want to know about movies.  Lots of the information is user-submitted, so it can have omissions for older films or even incorrect data, but it's still a fantastic site.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
debbie
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2009, 12:03:23 AM »

:hot:this movie was the greatest  since i seen bruc lee. and i have wathhed it several times over. and wonder when and if they will bring tamik back in an sequel lol  several to this first. its a shame to let this wonderful martial arts  person and actor  not be active  in acting. and i have been trying to find where i can buy the movie for my family. as my entire family loves to watch this, but i dont  do online buys. so if anyone can tell me where to look to buy thanks a lot. Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Smile Smile hot hot
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2009, 12:21:23 AM »

When I was in the Navy in the mid 80's, I took Goju Karate under Charles Dixon, the 9th degree master who trained "Bruce LeRoy" in the martial arts.  A bunch of us black belts would watch this movie together over at Dixon's house and mimic the moves.  Good times, good times!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
TooManyCustomers
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2010, 11:34:22 AM »

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this, but lookout for Chaz Palminteri as the evil limo driver  "I'm just doing the right thing, and you're gonna do the right thing too!" who spirits Vanity away to a meeting with Eddie..
ralphyralph
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2011, 04:03:28 PM »

Pretty darn entertaining. Impossible to not make a "Soul Glow" wisecrack when you watch it.
izzordad
New Visitor

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2011, 10:21:33 PM »

Saw this for the first time in, oh, 1988 I think and watch it at least once a year.
Just one of your basic sit back have a laugh and feel good movies.  Sho'Nuff!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Last Dragon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.