Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:19:09 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Silent Night Deadly Night Part II « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Silent Night Deadly Night Part II  (Read 32671 times)
Ron
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The only movie in this series that is worth watching is the first one.  I have not seen the second one.  Believe it or not, I had a dream one night in which I was being chased by a gun-wielding Santa Claus!

After Billy's parents were killed in the first one, that scene ends with baby Ricky crying and nothing else.  Whatever did happen to the sicko in the Santa suit who killed them?  Was he shot dead by the police or did he get sent to a mental institution like Billy's grandpa?

A better plot for this movie would have to be the now-grown Ricky staying in a mental institution, unaware that the guy living in the room next to his is the guy who killed his parents.  In other words, the Santa killer escapes, and when Ricky reads about his killing spree, he snaps big-time, puts on a Santa suit ala his late brother and engages in a gore-happy showdown with the Santa killer at the end.  That would have been far more interesting than watching all that flashback footage!
slasherfan
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie was lame, mostly  rehash of part 1. It was Hilarious though, I'm surprised Andrew didn't mention Eric Freemans (Rickys) hilarious acting skills.
Chadzilla
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

To the 'filmmakers' responsible for this...NAUGHTY!  We should PUNISH you!!!

Actually I should thank them, my best friend and I checked this out and had a little MST3K party at its expense.  When my jaw wasn't hanging from the insane amount of flashback material Ricky related about his brother's spree, I was laughing at the silliness of the new wraparound story.  A classic bad movie, but one that is just a tad too painful for frequent exposure to.
The Necrofile-Crocodile:Leonard D. Loftin
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This film was a very lame "tale of torture" for me and my wife Rebecca. This (worst!!!) piece of crap is only for some f***** school kids, not for me and every person above 25yrs.And believe me, it's much more horrible and terrible watching my wife cooking!!!!!!
lloyd duff
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have seen this movie and feel that i must raise some issues

1 Why was half the movie all flashbacks of one? if any horror movie fan saw the orignal then seeing the old footage is more fun then the rest of the film
2 I'm surprised that the lady who's boyfriend killed was not sickened by his rather gruesome death(blood,guts and brains everywhere and he would smell lovely and she breathing in this gunk and not being affeted by it
3 There should have been a lot more blood or even guts on the umbrella that ricky impaled the a***ole with even before the rain(not even any blood mouth or even a wet duck sould as he drowned on his blood)
4 Why the freedy kruger wishcracks? billy never did them and he only punished naughty people his brother has no restrant and only carrys on like a freddy wannabe
5 And if so why don't they put Eric in a decent films(He has notbeen in any more films and if he has E-mail me
Dwight Frye
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 09:01:40 PM »

The reason why the movie had flashback footage is because the director/editor and the writer were given the first film and told to recut it because it was going to be re-released.  They wanted to make a new movie out of it, though, thats why they used the flashback footage.  They also wanted to poke fun at the first film, its all on the directors commentary for Part 2 on the DVD.
night heron
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 08:27:05 AM »

When they make a sequil to a realy bad movie its beyond explanation i wonder if their not trying to regain the money lost on their first?
numbskull
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The "Garbage Day" scene is the only part of this movie worth watching. To this day I can't put out my garbage without laughing (or wearing a bullet proof vest).
WitchKing
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Not the most inspired slasher film of all time, but jawdroppingly hilarious entertainment!  Granted, way too much footage from the previous entry, but it just makes me wish to God that filmmakers could've used more of their own footage.  You can laugh at Eric Freeman all you want.  He made this movie for me and it would be unwatchable without him.  He's so committed (the wildly dancing eyebrows!) and over-the-top at every moment that he completely won me over.  The strangulation of the girlfriend, Eric's stunning array of dazed facial expressions, the demented howls of "Punish!", the beyond-gratuitous shooting spree-- it all just left me staring at the screen in absolute disbelief.  The shootout segment is so burned into my subconscious that even now when the garbage truck pulls up outside my building to empty the dumpsters, the savage cry of "Garbage Day!" immediately calls out in my mind.
Wolfbelly
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm surprised that Eric Freeman's eyebrows weren't mentioned as a character. If you watch the movie, you discover that his eyebrows do more acting than any other character on film.

Also, I find it awesome that strokes melt people's faces. That's rad.
michele
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

when i was lilttle i'd say he was my hero haha
Stu
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Garbage Day!" I laughed until I cried the first time I saw that bit! Thanks badmovies.org for giving me an introduction to this film. Its also good to see that despite being retired, Mother Superior gets about her home in full nun uniform, thats devotion! I also enjoyed Ricky's transformation from a young Jim Carrey lookalike into his adult form of Eric Freeman. Whats with the hairdo on the stuntman when the car goes careening past...seamless! I bought Part 1 and 2 in a "Double the Carnage" pack, but now Im thinking "One and a third times the carnage" is more appropriate.
tawny
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 06:53:46 PM »

did anyone else think eric freeman was tottally hot?
luybear2005
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 06:56:35 PM »

i love the sex scene between eric freeman and that girl
bj
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 06:57:23 PM »

WAT A FAKE SEX SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Silent Night Deadly Night Part II « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.