Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:00:17 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The War in Space « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The War in Space  (Read 15187 times)
Steve-O
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is one of toho's movies. Sadly, I haven't seen this one yet.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Yes, the revolver beam cannon is not silly.

I love the Wookie. I mean the Wookie w/ horns. I wonder if this is where George Lucas got his idea of a Wookie. Of course, w/o horns.
Davezilla
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have tried to make it through this film 3 times.  I can't do it...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
BigPaulie
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is Toho. Godzilla is Toho. This movie DEFINITELY needed a little Godzilla. He could have jumped out of the island fortress, with his theme song blaring, and knocked the little spherical ships around like bouncy-balls. I would've laughed.
Pingoud
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 06:38:48 AM »

Why did another planet raid the 2nd rock from the sun?
George
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »

Ah The War in Space,complete with a catchy them opening and everything.

I got it on DVD,remember seeing it a couple times 100yrs. ago,you know when television was worth watching,so why are the powers that be messing with TV signals now?.

It's the year 1988,Miyoshi's come back to Japan from the U.S.,he finds out his girl,Jun,(not spelled the same way as June Cleaver),is engaged to Murio,but we interrupt this budding soap opera for this special announcement,"Although a rare monster free day in Japan,a series of meteors all falling everywhere,then we go to Headquarters to find out space station Terra,(wasn't that the name of the planet in the Gamera movie Attack of the Monsters,and Scarlet O'Haras ranch in Gone with the Wind?),is under attack!.

It's destroyed,all Earth can get from them is a big space pirateship was attacking the station.
Well that does it!,we know now the meteors were meant to cover up an alien invasion force.

Our only chance is to complete Prof.Talkigawas space battleship,Atragon!,I mean,Gotton.

Well the aliens can't let us do this,since they don't know where it is,at first,they launch an all out attack on Earth,destroying key cities through out the world,finally they find out it's on a remote island and begin to destroy it,but it took so long for them to do it Gotton gotton finished in the Ta Da!,nick of time!.

So it takes off,shoots out rocket mines and finishes off the small ships then heads for Venus,where the enemy base is.

Along the way they find remains of the destroyed station,and bring back what they think is dead comrade,oh yea!?.
Just then more small craft appear,everyone to battlestations,Jun can take care of the dead guy,----turns out he ain't dead,and he's no comrade,he's yet another alien in disguise,takes Jun to the air lock and joins the fleet.

Talkigawa's in hot pursuit,and it's here we literally meet Hell,Commander Hell that is,he announces they come from the star system sunie that's dieing,(so what else is new?),and they need Earth,a fair exchange,your daughter for Earth.

Even if you kill her,Talkigawa says he can't let Hell and his minions have Earth.

What follows is they finally land on Venus,see and take pictures of the pirateship,discover a way to get in,rescue Jun,(who's now in a sexy leather hotpants outfit),everyone on the mission is killed,except Miyoshi,who's almost killed by that space ape thing I'm sure we saw on many of Lost in Space episodes,Miyoshi kills it with an electric knife.

Now it's time for Gotton to meet the pirateship,Gotton's the only thing that stands in Hells way of getting Earth,so Gottons gotta go.

All kinds of lasers from both crafts fire,the ships crash into eachother,finally Hells craft delivers the final blows and Gotton's so damaged,there's only one thing left to do.

The real reason they came was to get Talkigawas super bomb,that drill that seemingly did nothing,it's da bomb!.

As Talkigawa sends it towards the pirateship,he tells Jun and others,he never wanted to use it,and prayed it will never have to used again,and so like Saraizawa,he crashes into the huge pirateship,and down they go.

The repair crew has made the repairs,so they have to get going,I imagine Jun will be in psychotherapy for quite awhile when they get to Earth,seeing her dad crash into the big ship then falling into molten lava,not to mention Venus no longer exists,see all the hell Hell caused!,the only consolation in all this is,Hell got blasted to hell!.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The War in Space « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.