Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:26:15 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Punisher « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Punisher  (Read 44311 times)
The Herb
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2003, 08:42:59 PM »

You will be punished mentally if you subject yourself to this god-awful movie!
Jeff
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

this was a decent movie, felt like a tv movie, cause it had so many fade-to-black scenes & you may be expecting a commerical or something.

It was good 4 what it was. 1 of Dolph's better movies.
Delicia
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I wish people would just stop wittering on about that damn skull. I didn't miss it. The Punisher is big brutal fun, and so's Dolph Lundgren in the role of Frank Castle. If the movie doesn't resemble the comic, too bad for the comic.
Julian
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2004, 12:40:55 PM »

This is the best movie from Dolph Lundgren.;-)
knight of NI!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2004, 06:44:01 PM »

I like on how he perfectly fires two handguns in quick succesion, despite the fact that the knockback is huge and should break his wrists.
Felicity
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This movie is in no way a proper Punisher movie.  He isn’t wearing the Punishcostume, and the tone of the movie was all wrong.

However, this is a wonderful action movie in and of itself.  As long as you don’t try to force yourself to believe that you’re watching a Punisher movie, you should have a great time.

Lundgren looks great, even in the wrong costume.  The yakuza coming in to fill the void left by the Punisher killing all the mafia was a brilliantly clever idea--who would have thought?  And yet it makes total sense.  I liked the Shakespearean homeless guy, at least the first time I saw the movie--he started to get on my nerves in subsequent viewings, but that’s not really a fair test.

Jeroen Krabbe was good as the one remaining mafia don.

Best dialogue in the whole movie:

Mafia guy #1:  I gotta pee.
Mafia guy #2:  So PEEEE!

Sadly, the guy peeing is the first to die, falling into the ocean with a dagger in his chest and his penis in his hand.  I hope he at least finished peeing before he died.

I also love Lady Tanaka’s snooty accent when the blond mafia guy says “The champagne!” and she says “The glasses.”  She pronounces it “glawsses.”  Delightful!
Felicity
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Two other things:

1.  I do not like the new Punisher comics by Ennis/Dillon.  The truest Punisher comics IMO were the first six issues of Punisher War Zone by Dixon/Romita Jr., along with a select handful of assorted individual issues of the main title over the years.  Ron Wagner is the best Punishartist next to John Romita Jr.

2.  I have no interest in seeing the new Punisher movie.  For one thing, they *still* do not have the costume right--just an old faded T-shirt with the skull on it.  Hollywood really needs to get over its pathological fear of using the correct costumes as they appear in the comics, or else stop making comic-based movies once and for all.
Felicity
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2004, 11:46:20 PM »

One other Dolph Lundgren movie I really enjoy:  “I” Come in Peace.
philipbrocklehurst
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I remember seeing this film on Channel 5 years ago and I enjoyed it, Dolph did a good job portraing Frank Castle and this film did have a lot of action in it unlike the 2005 Punisher film that only had a few action scenes.

If you wan't to buy itin the UK you can't. it seems it was taken off the market ages ago so the only chance of getting is to get it imported or see if E-BAY has it in stock.

This film might not be too close to the Marvel Comic but hate it because of that, this is a good action film.

Tony The Tiger
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It's surprising that a great action flick can come from such a gay comic. But hey The Punisher (With Dolph) is great.
Cal Smith
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm a big Punisher fan. And even I have to admit. It was gay.
Jimbo
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This old combat shlock movie, kicks the latest Punisher movie to the curb. I love the idea of Frank living in the sewer, looking as filthy as ever. Frank waiting for God's judgement was a nice touch. Sylvester Stallone you guys can't be serious. The Punisher is at least six foot tall.
Kyo
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2008, 06:57:24 AM »

I believe the The Mute Blonde Female Ninja was actually French. That would make her the The Mute Blonde French Female Ninja (TMBFFN), thus pretty much covering all the bases...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Punisher « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.