Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:46:13 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The NeverEnding Story III « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The NeverEnding Story III  (Read 44477 times)
Ghidorah2000
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Jeese. I loved the first movie. I can't believe they've screwed this thing up so bad. At least Neverending story had the presence of mind to keep most of the action in Fantasia. To be honest I never knew there was a Neverending Story 3. And a walking talking tree? I hope that Treebeard and the other Ents know about this. What a Tolkien rip off. And since when did daddy Rock Biter act like a hick hillbilly redneck out for a joyride hitting various creatures in his path with his wheels?
Jack
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Yet another wonderful thing for kids to cherish through the years, sliced to shreds by the paper cuts of merchandising contracts, and infected with the warm urine of hack producers/directors.

Much like any post-Bluth Disney sequel.
Gfan516
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2002, 09:02:56 AM »

I wonder if the direct-to-video remake of The Neverending Story will be this bad.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well, what do you know. Finally, a movie I've seen. Much to my regret. If there is a rule in Hollywood filmmaking, that states: "The 1st sequel will be worst then the original, and the 2nd sequel will be worst then the 1st sequel," then this film is the perfect example of that rule. There is one redeeming feature of this film, and that is Freddie Jones, who is as great as usual.
Ricardo
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Leaving the first NeverEnding Story to stand on its own would have been faintly poetic." ... and, if even the first movie had been left out, it would have been wholly poetic. READ THE BOOK!!! Not only have they had the gall to try to translate the untranslatable (imagination-visual imagery; think "Nothing" and then try to translate it into a movie) but they also spread the beauty contained in one book over three sequels...without succeeding at all.

By the way: the idea of "beautiful fantasy" versus "nightmarish fantasy" is posed extremely well in the book.
lo pan
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2002, 08:01:15 AM »

LMFAO!!!!!
Kenner
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2002, 07:17:56 PM »

Witless,dull,worthless,miscast,awful made for TV buttnugget!
Stormchaser
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I think this film should have been retitled Neverending Torture 3 instead. The second one had some good ideas like an Evil sorceress wanting to take over Fantasia and mold people's dreams to her liking. But I'd say 99.9 % was utter crap. I think I'll save my comments should Mr. Borntreger decide to review Neverending Torture 2 in the future. But I have to say I feel lucky I totally missed Neverending Torture 3.
Behonkiss
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I may not be an expert on b-movies, but this still stands as one of the most insulting films I've ever seen.  I'll never forget my reaction to what they made Falkor into...
Scarecrow
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The second movie was an attempt to "improve" on the second half of the book by Michael Ende (where Bastian travels into Fantasia and does stuff) by adding things and changing things till it was almost unrecognizable, and much worse. But at lease that sort of tried to stay inside the same universe as the first book. This third travesty just throws a bunch of crap together. I guess they figure kids don't need continuity or plotline.
N-BUTTA
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

awww man!  this film is that thing they call "the s**t!"

i laughed and laughed at every stupid minute of this movie.  the music video with the rockbiters was great, the pinnacle scene in this oscar-award-winning classic.

Jack Black was pretty awesome in line-delivering, it seemed like he was improving 1/2 of everything=

funniest movie EVER!
James Perry
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just HAD to comment on this one.  What in the HELL happenend?!  I love the first film almost as much as Wizard of OZ and Willy Wonka for crying out loud!  What the...?  I'm, like, watching this clip over and over again laughing my a$$ off!  I must get this one!  Is the rest as hilariously bad?  

I had dismissed these as being to the original what MAC & ME (grooooan...) were to E.T.  Just dreadful ripoffs.  But this...looks like a hoot!  I think it would SCARE little kids...poor poor bunny!  LOL
Fujur
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Why is that almost no-one reads the book? Is far, far, far, far better. It even makes the first movie look like crap (minus the scene with the Old Morla). In fact, the movie was so bad that the author, Michael Ende, requested not to be  named on the credits. Among other things, I just don't understand why the movie makers didn't respected the fact that Bastian was a nerd and a fat with low selfsteem, and his interaction with the Neverending Story was the way he finally overcomes the depression caused by the death of his mother and forgives and understands his distanced father.
Sorry for the rant, but the book is so beautiful that I almost hate the movie, even though I loved it when I was 7.
Beelzebub
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2004, 12:04:31 AM »

The girls in the Nasties were hot, especially the one with the tattoo.
Ameyra Thsé
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

When it comes to movies and the original books, there are just two kinds : the good and the bad.
Take Lord of the Rings, the story is excellent, and I am not bothered by the fact the movie is different. Many things that worked in the book would not have worked in the movies.
Same goes for the first movie, it is very different, but I can stil look the movie and enjoy it as a movie.

There is however a difference between a director altering the book, and not reading the book, like is the case with The Neverending Story 3.

So these 'Nasties' (wow, what an original name....honestly, no self respecting gang would call themselves 'the nasty') make changes in the book?......How can the rewrite the book while it is already written? Are there empty pages or something?

The original Neverending story explains that it is impossible for a creature from Fantasia to go the real world, because they are imagination there, they can only go there as lies. Fantasians have no dimensional integrity in the real world.

Also, the childlike empress grew up? And what about the rule the rule one can only see her once as long as she is the one as she was named?

What I despise most, is this statement that there is something such as an 'evil' needing to be taken away from Fantasia. More than once the original story states that in the eyes of the Childlike Empress good and evil are the same, they are both part of her realm and the stories. Gmork, for example, was enprisoned by an evil force.

This movie seems like an absolute butchering of the original story, an abonimation, only for the purpose of money making.

Gmork said about Atréju, that if he went through the void, he would be used to make people believe they would need things they would not need for real, buy things they wouldn't need to buy....well, that is te case of the movies. The characters of the original story have all been pulled through the void and became lies, serving the purpose the bring money in the pockets of the producers.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The NeverEnding Story III « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.