Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:54:04 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Blood Beast « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Night of the Blood Beast  (Read 27223 times)
gary larson
« on: January 23, 2006, 06:56:47 PM »

kjw
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 10:34:29 PM »

The best thing that I like about this movie is the great soundtrack from the Rocky Jones Space Ranger TV series that they stold this music score from.It was used in this film.
MST3K Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2002, 03:03:55 AM »

The only way to watch this movie is to see the MST3K episode that featured it.
kurtman
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I read the review for this movie and it really sounds like a huge pile of pony-loaf if not a blockbuster,as well as nearly every 50's, 60's, 70's and/or 80's horror/Scifi film.  Of course, all B-movies had great ideas, just no way to execute them;maybe it was the budget or what the crew would come up with, whatever!  I'm sure you'd understand; I mean,The Thing(origonal) had a very realistic perception of Alien invasion.  However, for the time, the monster was as scary as it went (it seemed like).  In 1982, however, John Carpenter's version was a smash.  I mean, they have a VIDEO GAME for it, man! A VIDEO GAME!!! If that's not a success enough, I don't know what is a success.

Anyway, I propose a remake of Night of The Blood beast.  It will come with an altered, modern script and a better looking, scarier monster.  
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I may have seen this one. It looks vaguely familiar, but, it is such a mediocre film--neither bad or good enough to remember--that I can't remember.
And if anyone still thinks it was filmed in Florida . . . If one has lived in southern California, as I have, one knows that these films were filmed in a limited number of locations in southern California. Thus, the backgrounds are familiar. And that is one of them in the video clip. Enjoy!
JJ
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

heeheehee... "a form of photosynthesis"? the "Florida Mountains"? Why did all these 50's movies play so fast & loose with common scientific terms and other everyday facts? Did they think the audience was so dumb and/or unsophisticated that they wouldn't notice? Or were the writers so lazy they couldn't be bothered with finding more sensible ways to advance the plot? Or was it just that the low budgets had a dumbing-down effect on the whole process? ah, whatever. If it wasn't for that, these movies today wouldn't be half as entertaining as they are.
Old Doc Clark
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw it at the Avondale theater in Columbus, Ohio in 1958 and on a dvd last night.Who said that "plan 9" is the worst sci fi movie ever made.This bomb may be worse even than "The Beast of Yucca Flats"."Tor have lots of gas and belly pain."Roger Corman got some $ from me in 1958 and some more when I bought the DVD.Roger is making more $ in retirement than me and this movie ,like a herpes infection, lives. Watch it only until you need glasses!
Steve Bentley
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I love these movies!  I grew up in the 70's watching this cr*p on tv, and have tried to gather as much of my "mis-spent youth" on video/dvd for my kids to enjoy.  This, and other Roger Corman "classics" are the best.  Shot in about 10 days, budgets that wouldn't pay for a modern features lunch bill, and, let us not forget, science that probably got a bunch of kids in the 50's F's on their report cards.  I always assumed these movies were designed for kids, though, and they used terms the kids had heard, but maybe didn't really understand.  Remember the WAR OF THE WORLDS tv-series from the 80's?  They said the aliens controlled people through osmosis!  Osmosis!  The passing of water through cell walls!  Then again, maybe it was terms the filmmakers had heard, but didn't understand...
C
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The really horrible part about this movie, I saw it in its pure un-mst3k'd form, purchased in a DVD set... but I shame on me for expecting better for $8 for three DVDs...
Zack
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Anybody notice that this thing is just the same out of place rubber parrot monster from "teenage Caveman"

I can't imagine which came first, it doesn;t make any sense that it looks this way in the context of either movie
Jonathan
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 01:19:34 AM »

One thing you all missed... EVERY ACTOR IN THE WHOLE MOVIE IS WALLEYED!

Every single one, the tense scenes where the camera flashes between actors as they
talk was hilarious as they all had eyes staring off in different directions.
Nikki
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 08:15:25 AM »

One thing you all missed... EVERY ACTOR IN THE WHOLE MOVIE IS WALLEYED!

Every single one, the tense scenes where the camera flashes between actors as they
talk was hilarious as they all had eyes staring off in different directions.

Oh this is hilarious. I noticed that too and I thought there must be something wrong with my perception, because no way did Corman find that many goofy looking people. But it's true- they do all those close ups, and you can't really tell where anyone's looking. Love it!! Also, the parrot 'monster' is the exact same one Corman used in Teenage Caveman, but shhh don't tell anyone!
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 10:42:09 AM »

In the not too distant future!....
Oh, twas a lively MST.
Could have been compitant, but juuuust missed it by that much!
Good review as always, Staff Seargent.
Thumbup

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Blood Beast « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.