Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:56:55 AM
712926 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Super Mario Bros. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Super Mario Bros.  (Read 74014 times)
marco
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't give a f**k if the movie doesn't follow the game rules at all. All I know is that I was entertained to an amazing extent when I watched this, and that's all I ask form a movie.
I luv dolma
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love this film. I saw it when I was in love with Super Mario Bro. for the SNES and still love the movie till this very day. I can't believe so many people hate it, and that it got only one slime on the review.
Abbey Normal
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

While I realize now what a goofy and nonsensical movie it is, when I saw it at age 13 I thought it was great. It's really a kid's movie, so it doesn't have to make sense, it doesn't have to be realistic, it just has to be fun and involving. I don't think Dennis Hopper quite pulled off Koopa, but then he's a guy and not a giant, spiky-shelled turtle so that's understandable.
Black Fedora
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

No one's mentioned Mojo Nixon.
Grimsnipe
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Interesting little continunity/plot glitch.  Mario and Lugi and wearing Stompers (the shoes that let you jump real high) when they get in the elevator, but they're back to regular shoes when they come across the large chasm in the building they have to get across (pity huh?  Those shoes would have come in handy...)

Weird what I can remember...

-grim
David
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love this movie.  It is so foar, the best movie on this site, Becides Silent night deadly night.

I don't care if its not like the game, It's Awsome!
DA MAN
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is crap.  And by crap I don't mean bad.  I mean physically a piece of crap.  The stuff that gets on toilet paper when you wipe your ass.  In fact looking at a piece of crap is more enjoyable than watching this movie.  I can't believe it wasn't used for MST3000.    
NC
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is crazy because of all of the serious actors in it - Bob Hoskins, Dennis Hopper, Fiona Shaw. When I told my mom this was the first movie I'd seen with Ms. Shaw in it, she thought I was nuts!
moviecollector
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2004, 12:53:03 PM »

I got this movie in my collection. Its chessy & fun & that was its intention, I hope. I still prefer MORTAL KOMBAT & STREET FIGHTER over this though.
Kooshmeister
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I agree with the above two comments that the movie was fun and I was thoroughly entertained, but I must admit that it is still full of flaws. Regardless, like "Sheena" and the 1976 remake of "King Kong," I'm really, really tired of people just mercilessly hounding this poor movie. So it doesn't follow the games and the Goombas aren't mobile mushrooms, so John Leguizamo (sp?) can't act his way out of a wet paper bag. So what? Bob Hoskins, Dennis Hopper, and Fisher Stevens were funny and entertaining.

Anyways, I noticed in the main review three fairly important characters were left out: Daniella, Toad, and Sergeant Simon. Daniella is Mario's girlfriend who is first kidnapped by Iggy and Spike, with Toad of course being the harmonica-playing punk who is de-evolved into a harmonica-playing Goomba, and Simon being the leader of all King Koopa's military and police forces (and he also sports a really cool leather necktie! admittedly though it's not as cool as Koopa's). And may I ask, why mention Anthony Scapelli in the main body of the review but not include him in the listing of characters?
Raymond Spum
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Don't try to take "Super Mario Bros.: The Movie" too seriously.
Of course it doesn't fallow the video game.
Of course the plot doesn't make sense.
Of course the characters (aside from Mario) don't look like the characters from the video games that this movie was based on.

But, it's funny, and that's what counts!
Shannon
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie came up in a conversation I was having with my 10 year old nephew who'd never heard of it (oh, so young). He asked me to find it because he's a video game junky.  I work in a book/movie store, and crazy coincidence, the DVD came in the next day...well, of course I had to buy it.  I can't say it was the worst hour and a half spent, but it wasn't the best.  I gave it to my nephew, and he loved it.  Remember, he's 10.  I thought John Leguizamo could redeem it, but no.  The "stars" must have been eating the same tainted tandoori when they read the script that the writers ate while writing it, otherwise how can one explain their agreeing to act in it?  I doubt Dennis Hopper or Bob Hoskins were big fans of the game.
Monkey boy
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I saw this movie on my 13th birthday, and have SOME fond memories and let me tell you this review had dug up alot of weird memories.  None of which is as weird as a hispanic man playing an italian, and Samanatha Manthis actually being attractive.  Oh yeah, was that dude with the guitar supposed to be Toad?  I never got that.
shaggyjebus
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

God, I remember this movie . . . words cannot explain. I just remember a friend of mine saying once, "Man, I can't believe I went and say this eight times in the theaters when I was little." That sums up all my feelings about this farce.
dracoboy
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2004, 08:53:14 PM »

personally this movie was prestty good better that the video game at some points ((example:luigi looks cooler and i like the chemistry between luigi and daisy but other boys sucked monkey dick! example:the frikking koopas! what the bloody hell?! and isnt koopa supposed to be a fire breathing turtle dragon?))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Super Mario Bros. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.