Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:00:34 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Like Cheese? « previous next »
Poll
Question: What kind of cheese is your favorite?
Cheddar
Monterey Jack
Colby
Colby-Jack
Muenster
Provologne
Pepperjack
Swiss
Mozzarella
American
Farmer Cheese
Gouda
Limburger
Cream Cheese
Feta Cheese
Pimento Cheese
Brie
Havarti
Parmesan
Romano
Gorgonzola
Camembert
Asiago
Ricotta
Easy Cheese
Velveeta Cheese
Cheese Whiz
I don't like cheese

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Like Cheese?  (Read 17319 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: December 08, 2006, 05:05:59 AM »

Well, I've already tackled milk...
Now it's time for cheese!   TeddyR

I know that there are hundreds of different kinds of cheese but I thought I'd narrow the list down to the types of cheeses most people regularly eat.

I voted for Mozzarella....awesome stuff!   Thumbup
I buy those big rectangular hunks of Mozzarella and cut off thin slices with my pocket knife.
Sometimes, I'll buy a bag of Kraft shredded Mozzarella and eat it all right out of the bag.

It was a close tie with Swiss though.  There's nothing better than some stinky Swiss cheese. 
The stinkier Swiss cheese is...the better.

I debated whether or not to include White American cheese.
Even though I love the taste of it and it is a bit different than regular yellow American cheese, I've always jokingly referred to it as "The official cheese of the Ku Klux Klan."   TongueOut
So I didn't include it.

How about you?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:22:52 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 05:54:28 AM »

I don't like cheese unless it's on something like pizza or a taco, then I don't really notice which kind unless it stinks.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 07:06:23 AM »

Colby! I like Parmesan on spagehtti,and mozzarella on lasanga, american on grilled chesse sandwhiches,pepperjack on roast beef sandwhiches,and velveeta on mac+cheese,with Lousiana Hot Sauce!!!
Now,my brother Glenn likes blue cheese,which to me smells like dirty socks.BLEECH!!!
Goat cheese is real good! When I was a little kid,an old Russian woman named Motka(Russian for Mother) made home-made goat cheese,which she served with some ass kick home-made cherry wine,and gulumpkis(stuffed cabbage)! YUMMY!!!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 09:46:01 AM »

I went with Mozzarella. Just love the stuff.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 10:26:57 AM »

What? No Camembert?

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 05:39:38 PM »

AlexB...it's on the list...down near the bottom.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 07:28:30 PM »

I like all cheeses really, but I put pepper jack because I like spicy cheese. Those Italian cheeses are all good just like their movies. Went to Cabots Creamery Factory in Vermont and took the tour and at the end you could sample cheese.

How about a grilled cheese sandwich?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:33:50 PM by Scott » Logged

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 12:42:18 AM »

I voted for Swiss, 'cuz that's what I eat most of. Particularly, an Oscar Mayer Bun-Length wiener, wrapped in a slice of Food Lion Swiss cheese, in a Martin's potato role. Nuke it & drown it in catsup, and it tastes just like a pizza. Being a bachelor with a deficit in culinary skills, a cheese dog has pretty much been my breakfast, lunch & dinner every day for the last ten years, and I'm still not bored with it.

Of course, Mozzarella on a pizza, or American on a burger, or Chedder on fajitas is always good.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 02:42:19 AM »

Cheeze Whiz...just cause it's the closest thing to "nacho" on the list.  Thumbup
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 03:03:17 AM »

Cheeze Whiz...just cause it's the closest thing to "nacho" on the list.  Thumbup

I believe Nacho is really melted Cheddar with either picante or salsa sauce... or at least that's how they made back when I lived in Texas.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 05:46:10 AM »

Pepperjack, since that's the one I use the most when I make sandwiches. Swiss is a close second.

But mostly I like cheese in or on stuff like others have said: pizzas, tacos, lasagna, in rotel dip, etc. Cheese is an ingredient, not something I eat on its own or as the main item.

Cheddar slivers and jalapeno slices microwaved over nachos is a favorite quick snack.

This poll makes me think of the Monty Python cheese shop sketch, lots of cheeses named, no actual cheese to be found.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 07:27:56 AM »

Oops, I must have missed that. Anyway, it has got one vote now.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 12:39:45 AM »

I believe Nacho is really melted Cheddar with either picante or salsa sauce... or at least that's how they made back when I lived in Texas.

My favorite recipe for nachos is cheddar and chipotle pepper jack  with jalapeno chiles over tortilla chips, pop it in the microwave for 30-40 seconds and you have food fit for a king and of course a bottle of beer with this is nice.
 This is another one of those things my doctor says will kill me so I don't get to enjoy this as often as I would like to, just occasionally
like once or twice a year.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 12:16:28 PM »

There again like with the milk, I don't think there's a chesse on there that I haven't tried at one time or the other, including the limburger, which I am somewhat surprised to see listed, as who eats anything that smelly besides myself.

My parents, this was before I was born, had a cat, they had some limburger sitting on the counter in their kitchen, the cat, dislking the smell of the limburger, dragged the limburger off of the kitchen counter and behind the stove, where she proceeded to spray it thoroughly. Which, of course, made the limburger inedible.
peter johnson

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 03:43:37 PM »

Out here in Longmont, we have a store called The Cheese Emporium, which has things inside that would baffle John Cleese -- and you should know the skit I mean!
We have goat cheese made with wine and pecans, Stilton with ginger bits in (THIS is really extraordinary), Red Lechester with port wine, cheese made with whiskey, sheep cheese from Crete -- I could go on for pages/you get the picture.
Some of this you wouldn't throw at someone cutting you off in traffic -- other of it, and of course this is the very pricey stuff, is like heaven exploded in your mouth.
Here's to variety!  And, oh, I voted Gorgonzola as I didn't see Venezuelan Beaver . . .
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Like Cheese? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.