Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:44:36 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Pat and Giggles Story « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Pat and Giggles Story  (Read 2459 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 14, 2006, 03:02:33 AM »

Ok this does belong here, and not in the 'So bad it's good' category, but just badly made.  Why?  Because it's one of mine of course!

I finally have a steady internet connection so I was able to post this film up on youtube.

Short Summary:  A film about love, lust and a killer toy clown who uses her wiles to convince someone to try and kill his two best friends.

Short backstory about it:  Entered it at my University's Film Festival about two or so years back and from start to finish I think it took me about three days [and not solid days either mind you!] which definitely shows in the 'acting' and general plot.  So it's a little crap, but for some reason it got me an award [albeit a crappy one] at the festival.  I guess they must have had a low quality year.

[I also entered it, among some of my other backyard attempts at filmmaking, to the Film Festival Scottie's involved in for a laugh because I was bored: Appfilmfest ]

Anywho, whilst there's plenty I'm not happy with editing, acting and plot-wise, what I do like about it is concept, and the music, Giggle's voice and the general 'look' of the film worked out pretty good, especially considering the time I had to deal with it all.

So hopefully it's not a total waste of your time, and I enjoyed it enough not to change it so there ya go!

So for your viewing displeasure I give you:

The Pat And Giggles Story Small | Large

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 08:32:31 AM »

Good effort Dean! I definitely found the clown extremely creepy.  I think that's the first time I've seen someone killed with a horse shoe.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
dean

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 09:01:39 AM »

The horseshoe actually makes sense given the context: The film was for the "U Film Fest" and needed to have a letter U in it.  I figured I'd literally beat that 'U' into the script...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
peter johnson

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 11:43:05 PM »

So, I just watched this and enjoyed it very much --
The frame-to-frame business is reminiscient of EC comics, particularly the "Vault of Horror" -- I could really see this being a story there --
You guys are from Northwest London?  The sound on my computer is very poor, but I was still trying to place the accents --
Good start -- Of course, you'll improve -- But I would think that you would be able to look back on this in years to come and not be embarrassed.  Ever see Scorscese's first student film?  I guy cuts himself shaving and bleeds to death.  The end.
Anyway, thanks for being brave enough to "put it out there"!!
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 11:58:52 PM »

Just watched the story, really got a kick out of it, the clown is creepy, so is the conversation just before the chase.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
dean

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 03:13:32 AM »

Muchos appreciated!  I'm not really that embarrassed by it, it's probably my 'classiest' effort so far in the filmmaking game [other than thinking up cool ideas before realising I have no time to film it]

I have seen Scorsese's first student film funnily enough [I actually did an entire subject devoted to him at university which was quite interesting] and to answer you question Peter, no, not English, Australian.  I hail from the Eastern Suburbs of the city of Melbourne in the state of Victoria [which, for those playing at home, is the south east of Australia].

Oh and yeah, the idea behind it all was inspired by the fact that I'm a comic book fan, and it made sense to try and translate that to screen.

But like I said: creepy clowns are always fun.

That was actually a toy we found when helping a friend move house.  About 6 or so years ago he had a bad house fire, and they put all the surviving gear in boxes.  When he moved out of home much later, we went through some of these boxes and I found that clown.  It was still covered in soot, and looked downright evil.  Not only that but it also had a wind up part on it's back and the head spun as it played a creepy song [similar to but not quite the same as the song in the film].  It was just an easy matter to add some angry eyebrows and away you go!

Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 01:28:46 PM »

Dean,

I almost forgot!!! We rescreened your films and the new committee for the festival loves them. They fell for the evil clown really hard and couldn't stop laughing! You'll hear more from us in the upcoming months but a few of your films WILL be showing at our festival. Keep up the good australian work.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 01:31:04 PM by Scottie » Logged

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Pat and Giggles Story « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.