Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:35:56 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Funniest Scene In A Zombie Movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Funniest Scene In A Zombie Movie?  (Read 11849 times)
Menard
« on: December 12, 2006, 11:28:44 PM »

I don't know why, but I was recollecting Peter Jackson's Braindead/Dead Alive; frankly, just the funny parts. Being that there has been (thank you Scott TongueOut) quite a bit of discussion about zombie movies on the board recently, I though it would be interesting to do a survey of funny scenes from zombie movies, or favorite funny lines; intentional or not.

Despite the low reviews it has received on this site, Hell of the Living Dead/Night of the Zombies does have some great lines in it.

"Why the long face; someting eatin' ya?"

For the funniest scene in a zombie movie, what stands out for me as memorable is the 'I kick ass for the lord' scene in Braindead/Dead Alive; though there are other competing scenes from the same film including taking the baby for a stroll in the park.

Perhaps among unintentional humor, the infamous mannequin suicide leap from Doctor Butcher M.D./Zombie Holocaust is most memorable for me (talk about a second take scene).

What scenes, or lines, would you include?
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 11:46:08 PM »

I'd include a certain scene from "The Dead Next Door," primarily the scene where some zombies try and rent Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" at a video store.  (That was "Dead Next Door" right? LOL!)

I always get a giggle when I see the zombie and shark battle it out underwater in Fulci's "Zombi 2" as well.   BounceGiggle

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 04:22:55 AM »

Zombie fighting Shark in Zombie, that's easily the funniest scene for me.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 05:25:01 AM »

I love the scene in RETURN of the LIVING DEAD where they"re beating the sh@t out of the split dog. And the lines
"Watch yer mouyh if you like your job!"
"LIKE MY JOB?!?!"
 Also in BURIAL GROUND any scene with the 30 s0mething old "kid" in it.He's a real p**ser!!!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 07:29:27 AM »

The "Barbeque sauce!" scene in Hide and Creep is all that comes to mind at the spur of the moment

And anything from Shaun of the Dead doesn't count!

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 07:52:05 AM »

Just by reading the title, I immediately thought of "Dead Alive" and Father McGruder.

"Send More Paramedics" from Return of the Living Dead is another good one.  Them attacking the split dog with a stick was funny, as was the one medical cadaver zombie charging out and tackling the warehouse owner.

Cemetery Man has some good scenes in it too.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 09:59:02 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
dean

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 08:31:23 AM »

Well aside from the awesome scenes of Braindead which are quite funny, there's also the obvious Shaun of the Dead which has too many funny moments to mention.

Undead has a few as well, such as clubbing a zombie with a steering wheel lock [well I thought it was funny at least...]

Also Day of the Dead interestingly enough had a few funny moments for me, but I was probably laughing for the wrong reasons...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 08:54:50 AM »

Hide and Creep had a lot of good stuff.  When the guy goes out to his pickup and comes back in, his wife asks "So have you come up  with a plan?" on how to deal with the zombies.  The guy's like "Huh?  I just went out to the truck to get my beer."  Or when they pre-empt the television programming to cover the zombie attack and the rednecks keep calling up and asking them to put the basketball game back on.

I think my favorite though is in House of the Dead II when Sticky Fingaz gets his entire head blown off.  They should do that to every rapper in every movie they appear in  Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Texdar
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 11:36:01 AM »

I have to say my favorite funniest moment in a zombie  movie is from Return of the Living Dead.  After the corpse comes alive and starts banging around in the freezer. the two guys call the owner in. He makes them both go to the door of the freezer to unlock it while he hides behind some shelves, yelling out the lock combo.  When the door finally flies open it runs right past the two guys and heads straight for the owner, jumping on him.  Always makes me laugh.

I bent my wookie!
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 02:43:14 PM »

raj

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 02:50:11 PM »

Wait -- aren't all zombie movies comedies (at least the ones that aren't documentaries)?  BounceGiggle
Texdar
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 02:53:32 PM »

Just by reading the title, I immediately thought of "Dead Alive" and Father McGruder.

"Send More Paramedics" from Return of the Living Dead is another good one.  Them attacking the split dog with a stick was funny, as was the one medical cadaver zombie charging out and tackling the warehouse owner.

Cemetery Man has some good scenes in it too.

Oops, saw now that Andrew mentioned the same scene first.  Don't know how I missed his post. But it is a funny scene

I bent my wookie!
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 04:12:14 PM »

Wait -- aren't all zombie movies comedies (at least the ones that aren't documentaries)? 
You're kidding right? You obviously fail to take the Romero series into account, they have some comedy, but so do most movies. Don't forget 28 days Later or Resident Evil. House of the Dead II, although being mind-nubmingly suck, was not comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
raj

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 05:25:42 PM »

You're kidding right?

Yes, I was kidding -- though I do have a warped sense of humor.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 05:43:27 PM »

Loved the celebrity sniping contest in the Dawn Of The Dead remake. 

I believe I'm one of the only fans of that film....

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Funniest Scene In A Zombie Movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.