Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:39:46 PM
714458 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Lost Room (did anyone else watch?) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Lost Room (did anyone else watch?)  (Read 1653 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: December 14, 2006, 08:45:07 PM »

I found this SciFi channel miniseries very refreshing.  It kept me waiting for what would happen next.

A quick run down (with very minor spoilers).

A Pittsburgh detective named Joe Miller comes into possession of a motel room key that can be used on any door that opens inward and has a pin and tumbler lock. The only thing is when you open a door with it you enter Room 10 of the Sunshine Motel somewhere near Gallup, New Mexico. When exiting the room the door can be used as a portal to any other door you can visualize.

Something happened in the room in 1961 that made a tear in our reality and endowed each of the objects (there are 100 objects) in the room with it's own individual power.  The most powerful object is the key.

When a bad guy who wants the key kidnaps Joe's daughter, she is lost when the room gets reset. This plunges Joe into a quest to find out about the objects and get her back. His investigations lead him into a shadow world weirdo's and cults that have grown up around the objects.

The coolest object has to be the bus ticket (ever seen Being John Malcovich?)

I won't spoil it anymore than that, it is well worth watching.  I am assuming the way it ends means SciFi might turn it into a series.

It will be showing again on Sunday, Dec. 17 at 5:00 pm Eastern time.   I highly recommend it.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 09:36:16 PM »

Sounds interesting Trek Geezer. I should be able to check it out.

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 11:23:52 PM »

I found this SciFi channel miniseries very refreshing.  It kept me waiting for what would happen next.

A quick run down (with very minor spoilers).

A Pittsburgh detective named Joe Miller comes into possession of a motel room key that can be used on any door that opens inward and has a pin and tumbler lock. The only thing is when you open a door with it you enter Room 10 of the Sunshine Motel somewhere near Gallup, New Mexico. When exiting the room the door can be used as a portal to any other door you can visualize.

Something happened in the room in 1961 that made a tear in our reality and endowed each of the objects (there are 100 objects) in the room with it's own individual power.  The most powerful object is the key.

When a bad guy who wants the key kidnaps Joe's daughter, she is lost when the room gets reset. This plunges Joe into a quest to find out about the objects and get her back. His investigations lead him into a shadow world weirdo's and cults that have grown up around the objects.

The coolest object has to be the bus ticket (ever seen Being John Malcovich?)

I won't spoil it anymore than that, it is well worth watching.  I am assuming the way it ends means SciFi might turn it into a series.

It will be showing again on Sunday, Dec. 17 at 5:00 pm Eastern time.   I highly recommend it.

trekgeezer I thank you for the run down, I must admit that much to my shame I fell asleep while it was on, tough day at work, but my wife, who is usually bored to tears by this sort of thing watched it all, liked it and wouldn't mind a rerun so I will definitely watch the whole miniseries on sunday. You are right, what I did see was great Thumbup Thumbup

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Lost Room (did anyone else watch?) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.