Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:47:00 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Two Words-"Black Christmas" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Two Words-"Black Christmas"  (Read 2291 times)
Carly
« on: January 02, 2007, 06:13:54 PM »

Terrible. It was so bad, it made me angry that I wasted my $6.25. The concept was actually pretty good-a boy with an abusive mother who kills his father on Christmas; the abusive mother f**ks the little boy in order to have the daughter she'd always dreamed of; leaves her son out in the cold; son goes crazy, kills his mother on Christmas and eats her body, in addition to kidnapping his younger sister, and lands in mental institution; comes back for revenge. However, the whole sorority things and the actual, you know, KILLING part-sucked. Another example of a good concept gone horribly, horribly wrong. Only go see it if someone else pays for your ticket. Otherwise, wait til the DVD comes out if your curiousity is peaked, then rent it.
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 06:19:30 PM »

I still say it was up there with Snakes on a Plane and Sleepaway camp for one of the most enjoyable campy horror movie experiences ever.
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 08:57:30 PM »

it is a shame if the new "Black Christmas" sucks as much as you say it does.  I liked the original, especially since it was filmed in the neighbourhood I live in.

Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 12:01:49 AM »

It was bad in a lot of ways, but it was so campy and ludicrous it entertained me. 

BTW, this is yet another movie that goes with the cliche that "inbred = ugly" which, quite frankly, is almost entirely myth.
peter johnson

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 06:11:40 PM »

Where do you live, rebel1812?  I'd like to know where they shot it --
I'll probably see this, but will likely wait for the DVD to come out.  Unless there's a cinematic reason to see something on the big screen these days, re. scenery or huge effects, I generally don't go to the movie houses.
I know I'll want to see this, as I worked with Michelle Trachtenberg when she was 15 & found her charming and professional, as well as a cutie pie, so am curious as to where her career goes.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Torgo

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 06:32:13 PM »

Some friends of mine saw the remake of Black Christmas, and they said that if you view it as more of a satire of the original film (which is a personal favorite of mine), then it's pretty enjoyable, though still completely vapid.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 11:02:48 AM »

Where do you live, rebel1812?  I'd like to know where they shot it --
I'll probably see this, but will likely wait for the DVD to come out.  Unless there's a cinematic reason to see something on the big screen these days, re. scenery or huge effects, I generally don't go to the movie houses.
I know I'll want to see this, as I worked with Michelle Trachtenberg when she was 15 & found her charming and professional, as well as a cutie pie, so am curious as to where her career goes.
peter johnson/denny crane

I live in Toronto.  They shot the movie along bedford road which is the street I live on.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Two Words-"Black Christmas" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.