Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:34:30 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Buck Rogers « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Buck Rogers  (Read 62289 times)
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 06:13:18 PM »

That's an awesome deal.  I think I paid around $60 for mine (maybe more).
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 07:10:46 PM »

That's an awesome deal.  I think I paid around $60 for mine (maybe more).

I don't really care for the 2nd season that much so I'm glad I didn't pay that much for it. But it's nice to have everything in one complete set, even though I hate flipper discs.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Flangepart

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »

Death to Twiki!
Mel Blanc how could you! Did you need a house payment that bad?
Oh, how I, Crow and Tom Servo loathed him...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
David Radich
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008, 03:28:01 AM »

Ok, I admit it, Guilty.  This show helped trigger my puberty.  I mean between Erin Gray's spandex outfits and Pamela Hensley Slinking around and acting like the intergalactic space slut from hell, I discovered certain things watching this show.  Things that could make standing up in front of class to do a problem on the chalkboard embarrassing.

I also admit that given a choice, I'd pick Princess Ardalla.  I mean I just like bad girls.  Which brings me to one question I always had since then and it gnaws at the back of my mind to this day.  Ok, there was this episode, where the mean Sexy space slut princess comes to earth with an ultimate planet destroying weapon.  Her ultimatum.  Either Buck Rogers sleeps with her, or she blows the planet to smithereens!

So what does buck do?  Runs away with Twiki!  JEESH!  I mean I think I would make that sacrifice for my planet.   So I wonder.  Was Buck Rogers Gay?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 07:25:28 AM »

Now Amazon's got it of $18, jeez.  I think I paid at least $60 for it as well.  The first season was great, all the campy fun and hot chicks any man could want.  Don't know what the hell happened in season 2, the whole thing just  became a dopey comedy for little kids.  Midgets in every other episode, terrible writing, terrible acting, and they even gave Twiki a smurf voice for one or two episodes. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Ben K.
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 01:31:19 PM »

I was a fan of the tv show growing up. So, naturally I'm a fan of the film.
yannick
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »

hot Still amazing by today standards, i have the whole buck rogers collection on DVD quit funny lots of things changed during theses 2 seasons.

Twiky voice became more female like then its switch back to the old voice LOL, the second season is not that good when they are on the ship to explore new world.

Hawk was pertty cool, but nothing beats the pilot movie.

Tiger man raw raw raw
Too Much TV As A Child
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 04:09:19 PM »

You completely overlooked the best line from the theatrical release! Twiki saying, "Beda-beda-beda-beda -- Freezing my ball bearings off." This for some unimaginable reason got cut from the TV release. (Along with the scantily-clad title sequence. What were the censors thinking, man?? Those were ratings grabbers!!!)  hot
annoymous
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 05:16:59 PM »

Pretty Sad for Henry Silva to play just a lackey thug to some whiny  b***h. Why couldn't of he been the main bad guy.
DaveC
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 02:50:31 AM »

Great review! I loved Buck Rogers as a kid,I had all the toys except for Ardala. The Wilma action figure is the 2nd ugliest female toy in all of history. BounceGiggle

I love the ship designs from this. The Earth Fighter was originally going to be the Viper in Battlestar Galactica. They changed their minds for some reason but since Producer Gary Larson followed up with this series,he had a chance to use this excellent ship. IIRC,the Galactica shuttle appeas in Season 2 of this show.

Flu-Bird
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 02:50:29 AM »

You have to agree those earth starfighters are the coolist looking ships since the X-WING and Y-WING from STAR WARS
JMR3000
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 02:38:03 PM »

I was 14 or 15 when the series came out.  I refused to watch it.  I thought it was a weak, lame, stupid Star Wars rip-off, and being a huge Star Wars fan, I was not going to subject myself to such drivel.  I caught a few glimpses of Twiki and I hated him.

Now, however, I'm not 14 or 15 and the series is on a local channel during the weekends.  I've been catching some episodes and I find them amusing.  All the space babes are terrific!  And Colonel Deering -- wow!

I never saw the movie, but now I may have to dig up a copy.  Thanks for a great review!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2013, 12:52:57 AM »

Ick. This series did not age well. I caught this movie on Netflix a few years ago and yeah, it was pretty bad. Netflix had this movie as the pilot episode, followed by the TV series, all in one movie package which was a pretty neat setup. For some reason, the show looked awful on a high-definition TV, or maybe it was a poor streaming signal that I was getting over my cable Internet. The blu ray or DVD set is probably a lot better quality but I don't see myself investing any kind of real money into it strictly for nostalgia purposes.

I will say that the actress that played Princess Ardala looks even better now than she did when I was a little kid. Hubba hubba hubba! Oddly enough, she seems to have retired after her Matt Houston days, at least according to IMDB. I think she had a small role in that horrible Runaways sci-fi movie with Tom Selleck and Gene Simmons before she quit, but I'll have to look into that.

But yeah, I remember first watching this in the movie theater as a double-feature with the original Star Wars movie back in 1979; it must have been one of the many reshowings of Star Wars in the movie theaters back then, before home video really took off. I wasn't too impressed with it then. It was a lot better on TV for some reason.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Buck Rogers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.