Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:42:31 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Fish Monster Mystery... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fish Monster Mystery...  (Read 3686 times)
jeff
New Visitor

« on: August 10, 2008, 11:12:39 AM »

Hey - came across this site last night hunting for (and found!) Invasion of The Saucer Men.

But I'm coming up blank on this one - I only saw this once, and it was when I was a kid - probably watching Creature Feature on Saturday morning, but the image has stuck with me since then and it's become maddening...

It was a story about some type of research facility, that had (I think) a silver hatch on a red floor, and it led to the water - probably the ocean.  And I remember a pretty big FISH MONSTER - silver, VERY silver, like it'd been painted with aluminum paint - that some people were either dragging out of the floor hatch, or had just shot it with a tranquilizer, and it was just laying there.  I also remember that the scales of this thing were poisonous, 'cause someone touched it and either died or got really ill.

That's it - all I can remember.

What's most vivid about this memory is the BRIGHT COLORS used on the set and for the monster - they were SUPER BRIGHT.  It reminded me of any Irwin Allen production in the 60's, but specifically Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (the TV series)  The hatch was definitely like one of their sub hatches, set in the floor, but much bigger.

ZAAT was what led me here wehn I was doing my search, but it's not that.  The monster specifically was big - still man sized, but bulky, and it was covered in an overlapping scale covering that was silver.

This was a VERY long time ago, but I'm really clear that it was a movie - not something from a TV show.

Any Ideas?
JJ80
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 11:36:20 AM »

Perhaps "Destination Inner Space" from 1966.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 11:59:37 AM »

Or....perhaps WAR GODS of the DEEP...?

It was a staple on late night Creatue Features here in Michigan when I was a kid back in the seventies...

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
jeff
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 12:36:31 PM »

Wow.  You guys are quick.  I think you can consider this solved.  I expected it to take more than an hour!

Destination Inner Space, AKA Terror of the Deep, looks like a winner.

I can't find any pics other than the movie poster in B&W, but that looks like my monster!

Funny that the IMDB listing aslo mentions the resemblenace to Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

If anybody's got some stills of this, or someone's got it and wants to do a review, I'd love to see some more of this thing before I buy it.

Thanks again!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 12:47:52 PM »

Is this your monster?

jeff
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »

Yeah - that looks like it.  At least that's what my tattered memory is telling me.

It's also the same monster on the poster I found on ebay.

Funny that the DVD's not actually cheap, and I can't find a VHS to convert - I thought It'd be easy to find.

No worries - at least I know what it is.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Fish Monster Mystery... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.