Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:24:07 AM
714609 Posts in 53101 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Valentine's Day horror « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Valentine's Day horror  (Read 3551 times)
The Future Blob
« on: February 15, 2002, 11:41:34 AM »

I'm amazed that none of the bad movie sites I've seen has ever (apparently) done a review of one of the only 2 Valentine's Day slasher movies..My Bloody Valentine! Actually I may be mistaken, the only 2 Valentine movies that I know of are "Valentine" which I had heard was bad, and "Bloody". Are there any others, and what did anyone think of these 2? I'll admit I'm a day late, but better late than never, right?
AndyC
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2002, 02:44:32 PM »

My Bloody Valentine. Was that the one with the teanagers partying at a mine, and the killer running around dressed as a miner?
Cullen
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2002, 04:20:41 PM »

"My Bloody Valentine. Was that the one with the teanagers partying at a mine, and the killer running around dressed as a miner?"

Yep.  It's a passable slasher flick that is not as relentlessly stupid like most of it kin.  It's just dumb.  I liked it the first time I watched it, but the second time...no.

Still, there are worse ways of wasting your money.
Future Blob
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2002, 04:30:37 PM »

Actually I liked it (of course it was 3:00 at night and I was on an insane amout of caffine). I honestly didn\'t know who the killer was, as the movie doesn\'t make it too blatantly obvious. Also the mine was a pretty creepy setting, especially if you\'re claustrophobic.
Cullen
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2002, 06:21:28 PM »

Like I said, it's not that bad.  It's not an OH-MY-GOD-HOW-CAN-YOU-LIKE-THAT-CRAP! type of movie, like, say "Class of Nuke 'Em High" 1 and 2 are.  (I plead guilty to liking both films.)  It's just that I think there are better slasher movies out there.
StatCat
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2002, 07:16:57 PM »

I saw this film a long time ago and remember it only a little. I still have the old video of it lying in my draw that I haven't watched in ages. I do believe some of the gore was taken out for the release on video because I remember a magazine (think it was fangoria) had some other gory pictures I couldn't find in the film. That brought back some forgotten memories at least.
[atticus]
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2002, 08:55:37 PM »

I own a copy of that particular film. It's very cheesy and poorly made, but I can expect no less since it was a low budget slasher made in my native Canada. It's not terribly painful to watch and is actually unintentionally amusing in several spots. Worth a rental in part of some sort of package like "rent X amount of movies and save X amount of dollars," but certainly don't go out of your way to view it. Anyway, that's my two cents.
Squishy
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2002, 04:58:42 AM »

The gore was largely slashed out (huh huh I make funny) by Paramount (showing up in Fangoria), but the basic story is just a variation of Friday The 13th's, uh, "story," complete with a "Crazy Ralph" character. Any movie featuring a pregnant (even if not visibly so) girl getting run through the belly with a pickaxe is a dead loss in my book.
Lee
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2002, 12:54:03 AM »

I know of 3 movies that would fit in here. My Bloody Valentine(wich is mentioned above) is a pretty cool flick(not great but it is enjoyable if your sickminded enough.). Valentine, not impressed. Could have been way better, but it had a cool moment or two. Lover's Lane: Low budget movie that looks like it is straight out of the 80's but was actually made like a year or two ago. Pretty good, but not exactly something to write home about. Worth checking out, especially if you like seeing chicks go psycho on their boyfriends!
J.R.
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2002, 04:12:29 AM »

Now, I'm a slasher afficianado, and, in fact, I'm watching "My Bloody Valentine" right now, and I've seen "Valentine",  but I know I've seen at least one other Valentine slasher. I can't think of the title, but I'm pretty sure.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Valentine's Day horror « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.