Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:55:20 PM
712921 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Hiccups « previous next »
Poll
Question: When I get the hiccups I..
Just deal with them.  They'll go away eventually...
Hold my breath until they're gone
Drink loads of water
Stand on my head
Take a folk remedy!
I don't get the hiccups

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hiccups  (Read 6759 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: December 28, 2006, 11:26:14 AM »

I hate the hiccups.
Remember that Guinness Book of Records guy who hiccuped for something like 60+ years?

How about you?
What do you do when you have the hiccups?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 02:36:58 PM by Ashthecat » Logged
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 11:27:36 AM »

Folk Remedy for me.

My wife thought I was crazy when I told her to swallow a spoon full of sugar.  She didn't believe it, and I kept telling her over and over.  After about an hour of hiccups, she finally did it and they disappeared instantly.  Not sure why sugar does that, but it works!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 12:45:13 PM »

I usually hold my breathe. If that dosen't work water.

Recently I have been getting hiccups when I drink too much alcohol. One time I couldn't stop for sometime and threw up.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 01:41:01 PM »

Folk Remedy for me.

My wife thought I was crazy when I told her to swallow a spoon full of sugar.  She didn't believe it, and I kept telling her over and over.  After about an hour of hiccups, she finally did it and they disappeared instantly.  Not sure why sugar does that, but it works!

That's always been my family remedy too, and like you I must admit I don't have a clue as to how or why it works, but it always does.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 07:12:58 PM »

When I was younger I tried all the remedies I could, even combos: drink the water, hold breath and stand on head.

Now I just ignore them, swear a bit when a bad one comes up, and tough it out. They don't seem to last as long or happen as often as they used to. Lucky me I guess, or else I just got them more than most when I was a kid.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
dean

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 02:17:35 AM »

Haven't had a bout of hiccups in a good while, and they usually only last a little while anyways, so it's more a 'hold your breath' option for me.

Though I must say I've never heard of the sugar option.   I'll have to give it a shot next time I suffer.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Hiccups « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.