Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:22:25 AM
714402 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My favourite waste of time « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: My favourite waste of time  (Read 8508 times)
Famous Mortimer
Dedicated Viewer

« on: January 03, 2007, 09:52:53 AM »

What are those sites which are good for a bit of time-wasting, whether at work or waiting for something to download at home? Leaving aside the joys of the Virtual Bubblewrap, what sites are floating your boat?

A shout-out to

www.five.org.uk

The most bizarre conspiracy website ever made, by a country mile. Check it out, and post your favourites here too.

"The rich will do everything for the poor except get off their backs" - Karl Marx
Menard
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 09:58:25 AM »

All of my sites are pretty much a waste of time...and webspace. TeddyR
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 12:17:48 PM »

I find www.secretfunspot.com a good time waster.Or I look at the old magazine covers on ebay.I watch old punk and speed metal bands on youtube as well.And image search on yahoo is a good time waster.When I get time.I've been laid off for the Holidays untill Monday...so I SHOULD be doing something constructive right now...but the old lady is napping,and the kids are out playing so...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 03:49:47 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »

Since you mention a game specifically as a time waster, I'll add addictinggames.com to the list; it's a collection of games like bubblewrap that are solely designed to make you say things like, "3 a.m. already?" and "What do you mean, I'm fired?!?"

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 01:06:47 AM »

I go to Cafe Press and look at tee shirts, ocassionally I'll buy a couple.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 01:37:54 AM »

When I'm bored I go to Newgrounds.com and check out all the awesome Flash animation.

Be sure to check out the Madness Series
It's brutal!   Thumbup
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 12:48:32 PM »

I love to play video games, you get to do things you'd never do in real life, at least I hope you never do in real life. See things you'll never see in real life unless one of those aliens decides to come and say "boogie, boogie,boogie". Also, lately I've been coming to "Off Topic Discussion"...Love it....tah,tah.

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
dean

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 12:51:42 AM »

My entire existence online is largely a waste of time I suppose.

I like to call it research.

Other than this site [which takes up a bit of my online time really] I mainly shoot around a lot of online comics I like to read, mostly gaming related like Extralife and Pennyarcade etc but also a lot of others like Riceboy [where my avatar is from] and Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal [for the dark humour I really enjoy]

I think I have about 40 odd pages bookmarked full of various comics I enjoy, and there's some absolute genius out there.

Just for my own amusement, here's a couple of examples from Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal and one from the geekery of :

I really better stop before I go too far.  That random button on the website there is very very dangerous...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Menard
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 11:06:29 AM »

I think my waste of time is the internet in general. I am either on this forum or another, or working on my sites. I have been getting into traffic exchanges lately and building downlines for them. One site which is sort of a traffic exchange, but has more targetted visitors than most, is LinkReferral which I have been spending a bit too much time on as of late. You can surf sites according to category (which moves your site up in the list as you surf more sites) and review sites as well. Now I am not normally a mean person (shut up every one of you  TongueOut), but today I left some brutal reviews. Normally I am complimentary where I can be, and offer any suggestions which are within my capabilities, but I ran across some sites today which just needed to be taken to task; and I didn't hold back (I've never actually done that before, but I've never run across these sites before either). Yes, I have found a new waste of time over the past few weeks; we'll see how long this will last.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 12:49:22 PM »

What is the Agony Booth,and why did they say you were insanly stupid?An evil Kandarian Demon,maybe,... TeddyR

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Menard
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 01:13:05 PM »

Read the conversation in the King Kong review.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 03:27:52 PM »

dean, I'm not sure whether to thank you or curse you; SMBC is too funny, and so I'll probably be wasting more time there than I should...

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 10:45:12 PM »

Five words:
Your
The
Man
Now
Dog!
www.ytmnd.com

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 11:54:26 PM »

http://superbad.com

go there..click some things....

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »

A shout-out to

www.five.org.uk

The most bizarre conspiracy website ever made, by a country mile. Check it out, and post your favourites here too.

The stupid are everywhere...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My favourite waste of time « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.