Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:10:50 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  So Cute, that it Disgusts You Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So Cute, that it Disgusts You Movies  (Read 2895 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: July 21, 2009, 06:46:37 PM »

I am very curious about this one, have any of you scene any movies that have so many cute, loveable, and or adorable things that it makes you want to puke?  The movie can be good or bad.  Personally, I haven't seen any movies like that, but I am curious if any of you have seen films like that.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
p1zl3
Dedicated Viewer

Kill'n it...

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 11:43:28 PM »

...Any of that tween, prepubescent, Japanese anime crap with googlie-eyed characters, oversized jell-o breasts, and talking rabbit/rat creatures make me wanna f*cking puke!
(Oh, and any of the "High-School Musical" movies.)

"Gotta buy em'! Gotta buy em'! Chin-po-ko-mon!!!"
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 05:14:24 AM »

...Any of that tween, prepubescent, Japanese anime crap with googlie-eyed characters, oversized jell-o breasts, and talking rabbit/rat creatures make me wanna f*cking puke!

Pretty much this, makes me embarrassed to be an anime fan at times.
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 09:06:34 AM »

oversized jell-o breasts

I submit that these are never a bad thing. 

BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 12:57:02 PM »

I think he means the likes of Eiken unless that's your thing.
p1zl3
Dedicated Viewer

Kill'n it...

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 02:34:59 PM »

Hey, don't get me wrong, Japan has released some real beautiful animated movies
(EG: Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Spriggan, Blood 2, Steamboy, Green Legend Ran, etc), it's just that cheap, made for TV, Sailormoon, Pokemon, crap is pretty stomach wrenching.

...don't be embarrassed. If you dig it, that's completely cool! It's just not for me.  Cheers
Cthulhu

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 04:51:28 PM »

I think Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer is this category. I haven't seen it (thank god) but I've read Andrew's review.
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/rainbowstar/
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:23:35 PM by Cthulhu » Logged
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 05:17:07 PM »

Hey, don't get me wrong, Japan has released some real beautiful animated movies
(EG: Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Spriggan, Blood 2, Steamboy, Green Legend Ran, etc), it's just that cheap, made for TV, Sailormoon, Pokemon, crap is pretty stomach wrenching.

...don't be embarrassed. If you dig it, that's completely cool! It's just not for me.  Cheers

Yes, to each his own, but this Sailormoon style stuff almost completely turned me off to anime a decade ago. I find that a lot of the movies especially the Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki stuff are in a league of their own. I've been watching a few of these with the kids and they love them especially Nausicaa, and Spirited Away. Anyway I guess it is just like anything else, once the market was saturated with a glut of product, the quality suffers.

I grew up with Battle of the Planets, Starblazers, Voltron, Robotech etc... with those the animation didn't matter all that much as the story. From what I've seen the newer series coming out are just too self-conscious/tongue-in-check for my tastes.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
p1zl3
Dedicated Viewer

Kill'n it...

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 09:36:43 PM »

I remember having to suffer through my sister's Strawberry-Shortcake episodes, just to watch a little He-Man. I still hate that muffin-topped brat!

Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 12:43:35 AM »

Sailor Moon was really my starting point into anime way back in 1996. I was in middle school and it came on at just the right time after school right before Dragon Ball Z. I remember even trying to bargain with my dad to allow me to watch it before I did homework. Sometimes Pokemon can get to me on the cute factor, but I stopped watching TV a long time ago. The Land Before Time films drive me nuts (
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2254867381319684707 Small | Large
)

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 12:01:16 PM »

About 12 years ago, I was driving to school on the freeway and made a stupid mistake that almost wound up killing me and my friends.  Thankfully the snow drifts were there, otherwise I would have wound up with an overturned and totaled car rather than with no damage at all, save for my psyche.  I had to have someone drive me to the nearest gas station to call a tow truck to get me out of the snow bank, and when I got there I was greeted by this:

It stared at me the whole time I waited for that tow truck, and the mini-mart inside wasn't open yet, so I could escape Baby Huey's too-cute smile, nor the disturbing charm of his little cohorts. 

I have never seen the movie, but the poster was enough to horrify me, especially when it stares at you for almost an hour.
p1zl3
Dedicated Viewer

Kill'n it...

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 07:37:53 PM »

It stared at me the whole time I waited for that tow truck, and the mini-mart inside wasn't open yet, so I could escape Baby Huey's too-cute smile, nor the disturbing charm of his little cohorts.  

I have never seen the movie, but the poster was enough to horrify me, especially when it stares at you for almost an hour.

The whole incident may have seemed like a bad dream, but it was actually the work of....

HeuSifer! The Giant Demon Baby Duckling!!!! He wanted you to finish what you started on that snowy day and KILL YOUR FRIENDS!!!! Good thing man is not so susceptible to the evil fascinations of cartoon ducks...

TongueOut
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 02:30:58 PM »

I saw that in a £1 store here once, I swear it actually felt bizarre looking at it, it's just... nothing should look so manchildish.
BTM

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 11:32:33 AM »

I want to second the High School Musical films.  Any movie or show that makes high school out to be a fun place to be is bulls**t in my book.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  So Cute, that it Disgusts You Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.