Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:39:34 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DARK SHADOWS « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DARK SHADOWS  (Read 2157 times)
MIKEYLASAGNA
New Visitor

« on: January 09, 2007, 09:35:17 PM »

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE TWO FILMS........HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS AND NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS?  I PREFER HOUSE.  IT BRINGS THE TV SERIES TO A NEW LEVEL.  NIGHT OF DS COULD HAVE BEEN GREAT IF THEY DIDN'T CHOP IT UP TO MAKE IT SGORTER. BounceGiggle
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 09:52:08 PM »

Please do not use all capital letters in your posts.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
peter johnson

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 12:47:42 PM »

I only ever saw "House" -- and then I got it mixed up with "House of LONG Shadows", which was an excuse to get all the living great horror stars of the day to do a film together with Desi Arnaz Junior --
I dunno -- My real feeling on the matter is that with its cheesy videotape quality & blatant soap-opera feel, "Dark Shadows" works and worked best as episodic TV -- Now, I do love Jonathan Frid, and all that, but old video episodes of the TV show are creepier than any film -- and I love Dan Curtis too!
peter johnson/denny fangs

I have no idea what this means.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 01:08:15 PM »

Um are we talking Barnabus Collins Dark Shadows here?  It was before my time, but my briother really watched it a lot.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 02:22:45 PM »

Yes, Ed we are. I have seen both films and (IMHO) "House of Dark Shadows" is superior to "Night of Dark Shadows," if only because it seemed--to me--to be closer to the television series.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 08:52:38 PM »

I'm probellay the only person on earth who liked NIGHT of  DS.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 09:15:21 PM »

When I was a kid, when I came home from school I watched Dark Shadows every day it was one of my favorite shows, that and Gilligans Island. not sure if I ever caught the movies, likely did back when they first aired.

the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 11:40:26 PM »

House is better, but I like Night also.  I have heard that a DVD of Night of DS with the cut scenes restored may be in the works.  DS, in my opinion, is the best TV series ever. I love it to death.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 11:49:08 PM »

What bites (get it ... bites ... oh well.) is that the entire series on DVD cost nearly $1500.00 new. Even buying them used would run about a grand. The some coins.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 09:27:54 AM »

I've only seen House, thought it was awesome.  The pacing seemed a bit rushed as they were basically trying to fit several months worth of the TV show's plot into a single movie, but it was a huge rush to see the show done with such a vastly increased budget.  I'm quite a fan of the TV series,  I started watching it when the Sci-Fi Channel had it on about 10 years ago.  Since then I've gotten 14 sets of the DVD's (560 episodes).  You can get some deals on them sometimes, I got 3 sets for about $105 from Deep Discount DVD during their 20% off sale prior to Christmas.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DARK SHADOWS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.