Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:06:55 PM
714388 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Badmovies.org  (Read 12671 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 11:55:39 AM »

Another board for "Entertainment" is easy enough.  I will set that up in a few minutes.  I have been thinking about a board for "Good Movies" too, since we all do watch more than just "The Being" or "The Godmonster of Indian Flats."

Ed, what sort of content do you mean?  Random Thoughts?  Interviews?  I am working on a list of films for expectant mothers, stuff like "The Terror Within" and stuff.  That along with a 13 week Bad Movie Boot Camp.  Those are probably looking at March and April.

Ash, I will put a link in the links section tonight.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 12:00:44 PM »

I am working on a list of films for expectant mothers, stuff like "The Terror Within" and stuff.

Don't forget ROSEMARY'S BABY -- that one is a must-traumatize experience for any expectant mother.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 12:05:38 PM »

As I've probably said before, this is the only forum I post on, in large part because of the people here. I appreciate all the work you put into this site, Andrew; I can't imagine the hours you put in for us, and you've done an outstanding job of maintaining standards and including innovations. Thank you.

On a geek note, just because I work in the printing industry: Helv (Helvetica) font is very nearly identical to Arial. The easiest-to-spot difference is in the capital R's, and very few people ever see it. Arial appears to be a bit more open overall, but the letters themselves are just about identical to Helvetica. I personally prefer Helvetica for basic print on paper to either Arial or Verdana. To me, Arial screams "I just made a document in Microsoft Word!" and I hate Word with a passion (another personal opinion, just in case you couldn't tell  TongueOut). I realize online type is different from print, and I know that Arial is the most common font online (another reason not to use it, IMO; be different!!), but the typestyle is an integral part of a site's appearance and "feel" and should reflect the attitude of the site owner based on how he or she wants visitors to perceive the site.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 12:56:15 PM »

Don't have any suggestions to give just like say thanks to Andrew for all the great stuff on the site  Thumbup

One thing that stand outs in a good way is our Avatars. It give more of a personal touch and alittle more insight on who we are posting with.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

raj

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 01:35:38 PM »

Don't have any suggestions to give just like say thanks to Andrew for all the great stuff on the site 

Ditto. Smile
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 09:46:39 PM »

I looked around a lot when we first got this computer, visited some other sites, was treated like a moron who was unworthy to have a computer, let alone be on the internet, found Bad Movies, had a lot of fun reading the reviews and all the other things that are here, joined and was welcomed with open arms in spite of my first posts being all caps, this is a great site, you're all a great group, Andrew I have no suggestions other than keep up the good work.  Thumbup Thumbup Cheers

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Torgo

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 11:25:40 PM »

Another board for "Entertainment" is easy enough.  I will set that up in a few minutes.  I have been thinking about a board for "Good Movies" too, since we all do watch more than just "The Being" or "The Godmonster of Indian Flats."

We do?!     Twirling

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 11:11:44 PM »

Andrew, Badmovies just keeps getting better.  Great work.  Thumbup

But does everyone really have to be so serious all the time?

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 11:57:32 PM »

But does everyone really have to be so serious all the time?

Well, no, but my chicken suit is in the cleaners this week.  Hey, you try getting BBQ sauce off of imitation feathers...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 01:51:10 AM »

This forum is serious?  Well, I put the banana creme pie down slowly...

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 02:05:19 AM »

Your work is the best. Thanks, Andrew. This site is my only posting site as well and though I have drifted ever so slightly away from the b-movie genre, I still enjoy the people and discussions of this board. Always lively and always mature... for the most part... Menard.

Helvetica in my opinion. A graphic design friend once told me Helvetica was the easiest of all fonts to read. Changing fonts might be cool as a user option but then what happens when you accidently change the font to wingdings? A font is a web designer's choice for their overall look. Choose wisely.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2007, 03:20:42 PM »

Well, let me say that I always enjoy reading the reviews at this site, whether I've seen the film or not, but I REALLY REALLY enjoy the review, if I've seen the film. Which means I'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to seeing the reviews for "Dungeons and Dragons" and "Beneath the Planet of the Apes," as of those films listed, that's the two films I've seen.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 03:34:57 AM »

Heh!
Andrew, I like the description you gave for the Badmovies.org Myspace page...

"Ashthecat has been causing trouble on the forum for many years. He is also a master of MySpace and YouTube and created a welcome page which features various media. No idea why it took me so long to put in a link, I must be some sort of dodo."

Me?  Cause trouble?  Naahh!   TongueOut

http://www.myspace.com/badmoviesorgmember

« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 04:35:55 PM by Ashthecat » Logged
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 04:02:29 AM »

I have been thinking about a board for "Good Movies" too, since we all do watch more than just "The Being" or "The Godmonster of Indian Flats."

An awesome idea!   Thumbup
There are a lot of movies I've wanted to talk about that were very good and highly rated by most critics, yet I didn't write about them because I would've had to put them in either the Bad Movies or Off Topic sections...where they wouldn't belong.

I think a "Good Movies" section would be a fantastic addition.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 06:17:26 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
dean

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2007, 12:15:15 AM »

I have been thinking about a board for "Good Movies" too, since we all do watch more than just "The Being" or "The Godmonster of Indian Flats."

An awesome idea!   Thumbup
There are a lot of movies I've wanted to talk about that were very good and highly rated by most critics, yet I didn't write about them because I would've had to put them in either the Bad Movies or Off Topic sections...where they wouldn't belong.

I think a "Good Movies" section would be a fantastic addition.

Hmmm... that's a tricky one.  Whilst it seems like a good idea at first, I suppose we all have different views on what makes a 'bad movie'.  One person's Citizen Kane is another's Galactic Gigolo I suppose.

Unless, of course, we were talking about a good movie in a non-bad movie context I suppose, but I just don't want to see us getting caught up in the definitions, and taking it away from important discussion time!

But hey, it's still a good idea, just throwing out the flip-side just to be annoying [there are times when simplicity works best.  That and I'm lazy!]

TeddyR

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.