Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:11:53 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Commodore 64 Games « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Commodore 64 Games  (Read 16241 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 01:44:31 PM »

You guys were so lucky! I had (still do actually) the Vic-20 which was fun but I had always wanted the super computer...the C64! Sadly, my dreams were never realized and I have lived my life without the C64...

Hey, I even had two disk drives for it.   TeddyR

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
odinn7

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 02:32:39 PM »

Haha...I had the ultra-slow tape cassette drive...we've come a long way.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 03:08:16 PM »

I know, I had a Vic-20 that I picked up after the C64.  Traded something for it, but I cannot remember what?  Maybe a bicycle?  I used to get them at garage sales and fix them up.  The Vic-20 was more oddity than anything else.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 03:12:05 PM »

My friend had a Vic-20, but my first one was a C64.  I didn't even have any drive when I first got it, just a book of basic games.  I would have to type in the basic code for an hour and then play the game till I got sick of it.  When I turned it off, everything was lost and I had to start over again.  That was when I had it hooked up to the TV as well.  I did later get a monitor and a tape drive (woohoo!) and finally my older cousin gave me a hand me down 51/4 floppy drive so I was in heaven!  I even got a dot matrix printer eventually.  Life was good.
Pacman000
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »

Well this brings up something a bit sad...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57412368/who-is-jack-tramiel-home-computer-pioneers-legacy/
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 02:05:44 AM »

Haven't played many C64 games, though I did play the C64 Godzilla game.

It's terrible.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Neville

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 10:00:23 AM »

It took me a few seconds to realise this is an American board, hence so many C64 enthusiasts. In the other side of the Atlantic people preferred the ZX Spectrum or the Amstrad CPC. Or even the MSX. I was the proud owner of a CPC464 with tape deck and a green monitor, and I still play many of the games I owned -and many that I didn't- through emulation, with full colour -all 4 of them- and fast loading disk images.

Years ago I also had a stage where I would try any emulator that fell in my hands. So many years of hearing about "exotic" systems such as the MSX or the Amiga without getting to try them, and I felt like I was finally having my revenge, so to speak. And I also tried the C64, of course. To be honest, I never got used to its peculiar graphics. Those blocky sprites and faded colors... not my cup of tea. I'm more used to the Spectrum/Amstrad graphics, which are more detailed although often monochromatic. I did appreciate the fast scrolls and the awesome music, though.

Still, the C64 has many games in common with those other systems, so at least let me recomend you "Lotus" and "Turrican". The first is THE racing game for 8 bit systems, and the second is easily the best platform / shooter I've ever played. Enjoy.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
voltron

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 07:14:31 AM »

I liked Murder by the Dozen, Airbourne Ranger, Bop N' Wrestle, Rambo, Law Of The West, Test Drive, Time To Die, Barbarians and many others I can't think of at the moment.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Couchtr26

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 01:30:51 AM »

I sadly remember few games on the C64 though we did have one and an Atari 2600 at the same time.  I think we had a copy of Missle Command or something similar on both.  I had recently been curious about it and learned quite a bit I don't even remember especially the cassette games. 

Ah, the good old days.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Commodore 64 Games « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.