Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:06:13 AM
714504 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cursed « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cursed  (Read 1849 times)
otisberg77
Dedicated Viewer

Costa Del Lex. Luthorville. Marina del Lex. Otisbe

« on: January 15, 2007, 06:34:21 AM »

I saw the movie "Cursed" at the weekend.
My god, what a bad bad bad bad bad movie, some of the worst CGI I have seen since The Brothers Grimm and bad acting.
Wes Craven has well and truly lost it. Thumbdown
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 08:30:26 AM »

I have not seen this one, but he has been hit and miss for a long time now.  He either manages to make something that is disturbing in its departure from what most people feel is safe, or he churns out a big old hunk of slop.  I think he is running about, what, 50/50?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 08:39:40 AM »

I was very very let down by this... I thought well combine Wes Craven, Christini Ricci and Werewolves should be great. I love Werewolf movies... alas... i could hardly pay attention to it
Deathfeast
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 01:49:31 PM »

it could have been good. it had really bad cgi and the story was awful but some kills were cool and the non cgi werewolf looked cool.
Jim H

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 04:07:26 PM »

Unrated version is a marginal improvement and has some OK gore.  I enjoyed it for its badness, and what have you.  I'm also a big werewolf fan, and they don't make many werewolf flicks, so I jump at them when I get the chance.

**SPOILERS**

I like how the original werewolf guy just turns out to be an a***ole for no real reason.  He's just a jerk.  From what they establish earlier in the movie, becoming a werewolf doesn't really have any personality change in and of itself, so yeah, the guy is just evil..  Just because, apparently. 

**END**

Like many recent werewolf movies, the film had me scratching my head as to why the people wouldn't want to remain werewolves.  Should have been called "blessing", if anything.
Torgo

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 05:48:38 PM »

Wes Craven actually filmed Cursed once and then Dimension/Miramax shut down production as they were going way over budget in addition to them not liking the extremely dark tone he was going for with the original version.

By the time that he got around to finishing the movie, a lot of the cast wasn't available so they ended up re-shooting something like 75% of it.

Plus, they gave it a much more cheeky tone as well instead of it being dark.

All in all, though, it was pretty awful. Not Craven's finest hour indeed.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 10:19:02 AM »

Okay, first off, I generally hate wes craven movies- the last one he did that I liked was Serpent and the Rainbow. Second, I'm defintily inclined to agree that most of his work is a downhill slide from the title to the ending.

Despite that, I wasn't totally disgusted with Cursed, and I was expecting it to be a total letdown. It WAS pretty damn cheesy (the humor was just plain lame, and what's with tossing all the male celebrities? I'm starting to think if Craig Kilborn is anywhere in a movie, I should avoid it like the plague), but I wouldn't say it was bad or unwatchable (especially to this crowd). I did think the scene where the woman in the cat outfit (a poke at Halli Berry perhaps?) got stalked and killed was pretty good... and I think the premise was initally interesting, but yeah Hollywood stepped in and mucked it all up (by "mucked" I mean "CGI'ed") with bad effects and all too convienient plot twists.
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 07:12:43 PM »

I gotta defend wes... here... I've yet to see serpent and the rainbow... but "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" and "Scream" were both made after that movie and credit where credits do... they were both very unique and interesting... WCNN saved a pretty much dead series with the best entry since Nightmare 4... and Scream (though some hate the sequals... i thought there were mediocre) is probably one of the greatest works in horror/comedy history... the script is amazing and it was the first good slasher film since like the mid-80s
Torgo

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 10:02:43 PM »

A lot of people seem to slam John Carpenter a whole lot more than Wes Craven, but I think that Wes is a far more inconsistent director as a whole.

Carpenter's output from 1976 to around 1985 was flawless.

Craven has never entered into what I would call a flawless period.  He'll do a great movie or 2 and then follow that up with a couple of cinematic abominations.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 05:08:14 PM »

I have to agree with both Torgo and Mort (you have sainthood?), Carpenter was really good for awhile, and yeah, New Nightmare was definitly a cut above the bulk of the series. Still...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cursed « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.