Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:46:06 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which "Screamers"? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which "Screamers"?  (Read 2229 times)
Jay O'Connor
« on: February 16, 2002, 11:23:50 PM »

Has anyone noticed that at the grabd index on the "S" page  here there are two reviews for "Screamers"; one here at one at Stomp Tokyo

Except...they are for two different movies.

The "Screamers" reviewed at Stomp Tokyo with Peter Weller I've seen; it's a great sci-fi movie (but the review is spot on that it's about 20 minutes too long with too many twist/suprise endings)  

The "Screamers" here, reviewed by Andrew, I've never seen
Cullen
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2002, 11:54:53 PM »

"The "Screamers" here, reviewed by Andrew, I've never seen"

You haven't missed much.  Neither have I, come to think about it.  This particular "Screamers" is one of the few movies I didn't finish.  BORING!  And this is from the man who sat through "Godzilla v. Megalon" and "Super Gamera."

(Two small side notes that may or may not amuse:

(1. As a wee lad, I never ever wanted to see "Screamers."  Had no desire to see a man turned inside out.  Of course, seeing as no such scene occurs in the movie, but hey, I was spared one way or another.

(2.  My finding something boring is not always relative to the rest of the world.  I found the original "Carnival of Souls" to be frightfully dull, and that's considered a horror classic.

(In some circles.)
Cullen
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2002, 11:57:02 PM »

"Of course, seeing as no such scene occurs in the movie, but hey, I was spared one way or another."

This was meant as a complete thought (as in "Of course, seeing as no such scene occurs in the movie I had nothing to worry about, but hey, I was spared one way or another.").  Unfortunately, it didn't come out quite right.  Pity.
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2002, 01:20:20 AM »

The other "Screamers" was originally titled "Island of the Fish Men." In spite of the tagline, "They're men turned inside out! And worse...they're still alive!," the only possible thing this could be referring to is one poor sap, halfway turned into a Fish Man, whose internal organs appear to be temporarily moved to the outside during the process. (His face can be seen in one of the stills in Andrew's review, but not the organs. Aw.) This movie--and Ringo Starr--taught Babs Bach exactly how much fame and glory being a "Bond Girl" gets ya.
systemcr4sh
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2002, 11:55:04 AM »

I own Godzilla Vs Megalon.

Funny movie.

-Dan
Neville
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2002, 06:44:19 AM »

... and I found it real good. Probably if I hadn't seen it I would not really care about B-movies right now, because the ones I saw earlier (King-kong vs Godzilla and Buckaroo Banzai) were suach a long time ago.

This "Screamers" has its problems, a very dull middle part and extremely low budget, but as a science fiction fan and a Philip K. Dick fan (try to read the short story in which it is based, it helps to understand it) I feel it makes a really interesting film. I even like the ending, which "Stomp Tokio" and other reviewers find so over-the-top. I believe it actually is very ironic: Peter Weller sends the screamers back to the people who created them (he directs the ship to the NEG building) and seals the fate of mankind with the only spontaneous (and human) acts he has performed in the movie, sleeping with the girl and discarting his deflector.

Definitely, an underrated movie.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which "Screamers"? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.