Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 08:59:09 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Fiend Without A Face « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Fiend Without A Face  (Read 71894 times)
Blackbead
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2008, 10:57:32 AM »

Regarding Marshall Thompson's resume:  catch him in "Battleground."  I think he was 24 when it was made but looked 18.  It is definitely some of his best work.  Like the moment in the woods when he thinks he's alone in enemy territory. 

Blackbead
Mykal Banta
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2009, 07:18:53 PM »

Andrew: I love this movie and I loved your review. This is one film that I have been saving up to review, I like it so much. The Criterion Edition of this film is a pure pleasure with the producer, Richard Gordon, talking with Tom Weaver - one of those rare instances where a commentary track really adds something special. And who, I ask you, can resist the special effects in this film?

Your site is the Man!

PS, your "visual verification" is one of the most interesting I have ever encountered. The hyrogliphics look like some sort of symbol message out of The Blair Witch Project.  "Listen to the letters?" Why does that intimidate me so? Maybe next time I'll have the balls. OK, I've typed them in. Here goes  . . . . .-- Mykal
ninfar
New Visitor

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2009, 06:31:13 AM »

:hot:Now this is one "cool" movie.Cant see enough of it.I think it was well before its time.It terrified me as a kid.I now own it and as many times as I watch it the movie still sents shivers down my spine.The unknown can be alot scarier then watching the real thing with "gore"One doesnt need all that gore to get completely scared and mesmerized.I think Hollywood is really going overboard with too much blood and gore.This is the scariest movie of the 50's. 
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2009, 10:44:45 AM »

Andrew: I love this movie and I loved your review. This is one film that I have been saving up to review, I like it so much. The Criterion Edition of this film is a pure pleasure with the producer, Richard Gordon, talking with Tom Weaver - one of those rare instances where a commentary track really adds something special. And who, I ask you, can resist the special effects in this film?

Your site is the Man!

PS, your "visual verification" is one of the most interesting I have ever encountered. The hyrogliphics look like some sort of symbol message out of The Blair Witch Project.  "Listen to the letters?" Why does that intimidate me so? Maybe next time I'll have the balls. OK, I've typed them in. Here goes  . . . . .-- Mykal

Thank you, and this movie is one of my favorite classics.  It has all the trappings of a 50's monster movie, and the end is surprisingly gory and filled with action.  The Criterion DVD was a big surprise, and I purchased it immediately when it came out a few years back. 

The visual verification CAPTCHA is an unfortunate step, but it is the only way to allow guest posting and to prevent the system being overrun by spambots.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
High Ping Bastard
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »

Hope you are doing well. Barbara Griselle (Kim Parker) has a KILLER bod!.... reminds me of Annette Benning :)
Maurice Gianesin
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2009, 10:16:19 PM »

You never know where an internet search engine will take you.
Believe it or not, Fiend without a Face is part of the covetted Criterion Collection of films. These are only the most important films dedicated to a film library which seeks to preserve and honor their artistic achievment. Laugh if you must, a film like Fiend without a face truly represents a genre type that lay the groundwork for future films of its kind. If you liked Fiend without a Face you will also like Georges Franju's "Les Yeux sans Visage" or "Eye's without a Face". Ask rocker Billy Idol why he chose Eyes without a Face as the title for one of his favorite songs. Another Criterion Collection Film to be honored by The Criterion Label.
Fredleted
New Visitor

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 10:51:12 PM »

Now, if they can make a 2010 version called, "Fiend without a Facebook!!" Buggedout
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Fiend Without A Face « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.