Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:27:05 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  The Number 23... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Number 23...  (Read 14225 times)
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« on: January 31, 2007, 03:26:08 PM »

Have you guys heard about this yet? Jim Carrey  in what appears to be some type of suspense/thriller...here is the trailer for it. So what do you all think, it looks like he will be able to pull it off...I sure hope so. I have to say that just from the trailer it has my full attention.
The Number 23
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:44:04 PM by Acidburn » Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 06:32:18 PM »

Looks like it's going to be a good one for him. I remember seeing him a real long time ago playing a very serious part and he was very good....better than some of his latest movies..... Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 06:39:54 PM »

Keep in mind that he did fire his agent after doing this film, and cited it as the reason for doing so.

Smile

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 11:21:14 PM »

Well, I'm a huge Robert Anton Wilson fan, so the title alone piqued my interest.  After all, the number 23 has been an enigma for years.

So I watched the trailer.

I was actually interested until the words Joel Schumacher crossed the screen.  My interest quickly waned after that.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 07:36:22 PM »

Well I watched this film last night (by generator do to an power outage) and it was quite good. It had nice twist and turns and good surprise ending. If Carry fired he agent over getting him to do this film, then he's foolish as it was top notch as far as this style of film goes and quire well made, a very interesting film and story.
I think it's going to be a film you either love or hate as it will not appeal some people because it makes you pay attention and think.

4 out of 5
 Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

Torgo

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 08:33:14 PM »

As someone else stated in this thread, this was the flick that Jim Carey fired his agent over.

I haven't seen it but being such a huge Virginia Madsen fan, I had thought of checking it out.

But some friends of mine saw it for free in theaters and they said that it was laughably bad, which I wouldn't expect any less out of director Joel Schumaucher.   Hatred

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 08:59:39 PM »

As someone else stated in this thread, this was the flick that Jim Carey fired his agent over.

I haven't seen it but being such a huge Virginia Madsen fan, I had thought of checking it out.

But some friends of mine saw it for free in theaters and they said that it was laughably bad, which I wouldn't expect any less out of director Joel Schumaucher.   Hatred

I watched the unrated version the DVD has both the theater release and the unrated, not sure what the difference's are but as release the unrated version was decent I thought, like I said it's not a middle ground film, you'll ever like it or you won't. I thought the story was interesting over all.

Torgo

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 10:32:07 PM »

I watched the unrated version the DVD has both the theater release and the unrated, not sure what the difference's are but as release the unrated version was decent I thought, like I said it's not a middle ground film, you'll ever like it or you won't. I thought the story was interesting over all.

A friend of mine picked it up this past week so I'll probably see it at some point this upcoming weekend.  I'll post my thoughts once I've seen it.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
dean

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 04:46:06 AM »

From the moment in the opening credits where there were a lot of '23 conspiracies' one was 'There are 23 letters in the alphabet.'

From that moment on, well, let's just say I just ducked my head and rolled with it.

Overall the premise is interesting, but sadly I'd have to put this in the poor category.  I liked it, don't get me wrong, but thats more to do with the fact that I'm born on the 23rd rather than any kind of love of the process.

Some interesting twists [which really weren't altogether unpredictable] kept the film going, but overall I'm still kind of 'meh' about it.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 06:35:12 AM »

I've always liked when comedic actors taken on a menacing role.  Jim Carrey has done way to many physical comedies and perhaps he should move on.  I'm going to have to see this flick.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 10:33:35 AM »

'There are 23 letters in the alphabet.'

There are? Were did the other 3 go? Question

I liked the movie as I've said but yes there are errors and parts that are predictable, the entire bit about the Mayans and the end of the world is wrong, the date for the new cycle begin 12-21-2012 if you believe that stuff and you can't get 23 out of that. There were numerology errors dates of real world event that were wrong to give it that "ooh it's 23" things ... but like most movies, turn off your brain and enjoy the show.

dean

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 10:42:49 AM »

'There are 23 letters in the alphabet.'

There are? Were did the other 3 go? Question

I liked the movie as I've said but yes there are errors and parts that are predictable, the entire bit about the Mayans and the end of the world is wrong, the date for the new cycle begin 12-21-2012 if you believe that stuff and you can't get 23 out of that. There were numerology errors dates of real world event that were wrong to give it that "ooh it's 23" things ... but like most movies, turn off your brain and enjoy the show.

Well given the movie it would say 20 plus 2 plus 1 is 23 etc etc.  Lameoooooooooooooooooo... it's convenient when you can write all the coincidences in.

But yes, if you can ignore things like that there is a bit of worth in it for you.  Not much, but some.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Alanstallion
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 09:58:09 PM »

liked the movie as I've said but yes there are errors and parts that are predictable, the entire bit about the Mayans and the end of the world is wrong, the date for the new cycle begin 12-21-2012 if you believe that stuff and you can't get 23 out of that. There were numerology errors dates of real world event that were wrong to give it that "ooh it's 23" things ... but like most movies, turn off your brain and enjoy the show.

Ok  If you take the date and time 12/21/2012 at 11:11    12+11=23   21+11=32  23 in reverse     20+1+2=23.

Really I am a born again christian but I love to do this 23 crap to my wife.
Have a nice day.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  The Number 23... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.