Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:11:58 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Stoner Film? « previous next »
Poll
Question: What's your favorite Stoner Comedy?
Half Baked - 2 (11.8%)
Dazed & Confused - 0 (0%)
Cheech & Chong's Up In Smoke - 7 (41.2%)
The Stoned Age - 0 (0%)
Friday - 1 (5.9%)
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas - 1 (5.9%)
Detroit Rock City - 1 (5.9%)
Homegrown - 0 (0%)
How High - 0 (0%)
Grandma's Boy - 0 (0%)
Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle - 0 (0%)
Evil Bong - 0 (0%)
Puff, Puff, Pass - 0 (0%)
The Big Lebowski - 2 (11.8%)
Reefer Madness - 2 (11.8%)
I like a stoner movie you haven't mentioned - 1 (5.9%)
I don't like any of these movies. - 0 (0%)
I haven't seen any of these - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Favorite Stoner Film?  (Read 11267 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: February 10, 2007, 03:01:54 AM »

Take a moment to vote.

Stoner comedies are so much better when you're...uh...you know.   TeddyR
I voted for Half Baked. 
Dazed & Confused and Friday tied for second.

Funny thing, I remember taking a date...this chick named Michelle to go see Friday back in '95.
Some guys behind us lit up a joint and were passing it around and the whole theater smelled like weed.    Smile

What's your favorite stoner film?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 08:01:34 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 10:19:41 AM »

Pink Floyd The Wall.  I must have watched that 100 times back in my stoner days.  Led Zeppelin's The Song Remains The Same was a close second.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
raj

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 10:34:06 AM »

Huh,  what'd'ya just say? 
Don't hog the Cheetos, man.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 11:18:12 AM »

I'm not real big on weed.Used to smoke when It was offered and I was drinking.I can't just smoke weed without a drink.It makes me paranoid.BUT I do like a good stoner movie! FRIDAY was hilarously funny...the scene with Ice Cube staring at the ceramic dog busts me up! :bouncegiggle:Its about the only Chris Tucker film I really enjoy enuff to buy.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 02:28:39 PM »

Good for you! Smile Reefer Madness, not so good, I haven't seen most of these but Fear and Loathing is supposed to be good.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
raj

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 03:01:54 PM »

Ah, ok.  Reefer Madness  -- saw it in college when we were all smoking.  But nowadays I prefer having my brain back.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 03:47:15 PM »

For me it would have to be Cheech & Chong's Up In Smoke mainly because I was a junior or senior in high school at the time and known to partake in such activities. I haven't in at least 20 years. Granted it still funny, but it was much funnier under the influence.

But the movie had some great lines ....

Man: You wanna get high man?
Pedro: Does Howdy Doody got wooden Balls man?

Pedro: Man, what is in this sh!t, man?
Man Stoner: Mostly Maui Waui man, but it's got some Labrador in it.
Pedro: What's Labrador?
Man Stoner: It's dog sh!t.
Pedro: What?

Pedro: Hey how am I driving, man?
Man Stoner: [looks around] : I think we're parked.

Border Guard: So, how long you've been in Mexico?
Pedro: A week. I mean a day.
Border Guard: Well, which is it? A week or a day?
Pedro: A weekday.

Arresting Officer: Sir, could I please see your license?
Pedro: Whuut?
Arresting Officer: Your license. Where's your license?
Pedro: It's back there on the bumper, man!

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 06:09:28 PM »

I had to go with Up In Smoke, mainly due to the number of times I've seen that film.

There are some great films on this list.  Surprisingly missing is Rolling Kansas - another great weed flick.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 06:12:33 PM »

It's odd. I will not,(because I would be a liar) deny I ever did drugs.Now,I am proud to say I am clean and sober.Booze was the hardest,and last,that I've done.
Back in the 80's,before I had kids,a family,or a lfe that I can recall sober,I have smoked weed,hash,opium,dropped LSD,ate mushrooms,and tried coke,(which I HATED). None of this I am proud of. If I had done them,and left it at that,it would have been ok.BUT-I am an addiction prone type...and if I try something,and I enjoy it the first time,I will continue to do it,trying to recapture that first experiance.  Of course...it just don't work that way.
  It's hard for me to watch movies like DAZED and CONFUSED,because it acts as a trigger for me...a false advertisment that "Drugs are fun!". And at times they were. But they way I ABUSED them,is dangerous. And if people think that pot is not addicting,or will not lead to other stuff...from what I have seen...thats BULLs**t.
  Oh yeah....DAZED and CONFUSED is a  great AMERICAN GRAFFITTI style  movie for the 70's generation,though.
And the end of 2001: A SPACE ODDESEY is a trip on acid.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 06:35:48 PM »

I went wiht Half-Baked. Movie always makes me laugh. A good second is Friday.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 07:51:30 PM »

It's odd. I will not,(because I would be a liar) deny I ever did drugs.Now,I am proud to say I am clean and sober.Booze was the hardest,and last,that I've done.
Back in the 80's,before I had kids,a family,or a lfe that I can recall sober,I have smoked weed,hash,opium,dropped LSD,ate mushrooms,and tried coke,(which I HATED). None of this I am proud of. If I had done them,and left it at that,it would have been ok.BUT-I am an addiction prone type...and if I try something,and I enjoy it the first time,I will continue to do it,trying to recapture that first experiance.  Of course...it just don't work that way.
  It's hard for me to watch movies like DAZED and CONFUSED,because it acts as a trigger for me...a false advertisment that "Drugs are fun!". And at times they were. But they way I ABUSED them,is dangerous. And if people think that pot is not addicting,or will not lead to other stuff...from what I have seen...thats BULLs**t.
  Oh yeah....DAZED and CONFUSED is a  great AMERICAN GRAFFITTI style  movie for the 70's generation,though.
And the end of 2001: A SPACE ODDESEY is a trip on acid.

My theory is that marijuana is not nearly as dangerous as cocaine, LSD, mushrooms, etc.  I also believe it to not nearly be as dangerous as alcohol, which is why it amazes me that it is illegal yet alcohol is not.  I'm one that believes that it should be made legal, if regulated.  First of all, the taxes that the government would obtain by making it legal would be outrageous.

It's one of the few drugs that I've seen, that doesn't make the users angry and belligerent.  Also, it's not nearly as dangerous as alcohol.  I myself have almost died from alcohol poisoning.  You'd never see something like that with marijuana.  I dare someone to show me a case where someone overdosed on marijuana. 

This is completely off from what RCMerchant was speaking about, so I'll stop now.   Smile

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 08:10:15 PM »

Got to be, Up In Smoke, Cheech and Chong at their best.  Thumbup Thumbup

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
elDuendeVerde
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 08:14:54 PM »

big lebowski.  one of the funniest movies period.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 08:16:51 PM »

I agree with Skaboi on the issue. I never forget when some college professor gave a lecture about weed and its dangers and I couldn't get where she was coming from. Alcohol seemed more dangerous and the effects of abusing it almost where the same thing. Needless to say she failed to convice anyone that it was all that bad.

For the record I don't smoke weed.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

peter johnson

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 12:53:42 AM »

The trouble with most "stoner" films is that they don't really capture the sheer giddiness of a really good weed romp --
      That is why some of the best "drug" movies have nothing at all to do with drugs, but rather have a skewed take on "reality" that appeals to a warped mind.
I just watched "Forbidden Planet" tonight -- while consuming what I leave to your imaginations --
     The debate about the Id, along with the conveyor-belt lightbulbs (The Cities of the Kerr), made for some pretty spectacular brain-riffs.
     Having said that, I will say that "Up in Smoke" is probably one of the funniest weed films ever made -- I saw it 4 times on the big screen in Virginia after I got back from India in '79.  Stacy Keach is wonderful as the hapless detective.
     One of the best druggie flicks I know of is Peter O'Toole's "The Ruling Class" -- which sort of beggars description.
     While in India, we'd go to the massive Indian cinemas in Calcutta and Pune -- Screens that would wrap around the buildings -- IMAX before the word "IMAX" existed.  Families would come in and cook their dhal and chai on open fires(!!) in the aisles -- goats and children wandered freely.
     Aside from the usual Bollywood crap, the Indian popular cinemas would also show ancient British and American films on the big screen -- After a few rounds of the old chillum, let me tell you there's nothing quite like "Witness For The Prosecution" 3 stories high in front of you . . .
peter charas/denny baksheesh

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Stoner Film? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.