Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:01:26 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Horrible news... but I need some proof first « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Horrible news... but I need some proof first  (Read 11771 times)
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 13, 2007, 03:01:57 PM »

I'm not sure how many people listen/watch Podcasts but one podcast I'm a huge fan of is GeekScape... it's a punk music video director and he does his episodes with like other filmmaker/scriptwriter friends in LA... this past episode they were reviewing the Hitcher Remake and said that Dave Meyer (director of the Hitcher and When a Stranger Calls remakes) has announced that his next film is going to be a remake of Friday the 13th except it's not going to be Jason's Mom anymore in this one; it's going to be Jason and it'll show you how he found his hockey mask (which as we know f**ks up the first 3 movies of the series 2 of which being the few good movies in the series)

This might be the worst news in Horror movie news (besides the rumored Evil Dead Remake)... I mean at least with Halloween I'm curious on what Rob Zombie is going to do with it

Why are these directors f**king with cult classics that aren't even like 20-25 years old
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 03:25:06 PM »

Probably because most of these directors are 20-25 years old and therefore the movie is really old (to them) and there can't possibly be anyone left alive that saw them when they were a new release. So it has to be re-released with all the lastest greatest CGI-techno-super-duper-special effects as the old ones were just hokey. Just a theory.

CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 09:27:03 PM »

Probably because most of these directors are 20-25 years old and therefore the movie is really old (to them) and there can't possibly be anyone left alive that saw them when they were a new release. So it has to be re-released with all the lastest greatest CGI-techno-super-duper-special effects as the old ones were just hokey. Just a theory.

So true. That p**ses me off just a little. Doesn't that p**s you off just a little?

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 09:51:12 PM »

So true. That p**ses me off just a little. Doesn't that p**s you off just a little?

Better to be p**sed off than p**sed on ... it is somewhat annoying they can't seem to think up a great new movie, so they take a great old movie and screw it up.

daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 10:40:33 PM »

Yes that p**ses me off a little and I'm even younger than they are.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
peter johnson

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 12:34:05 AM »

Yeah, but wait'll you see my Claymation/techno-disco/Emo/Crunk remake of Citizen Kane!!!
peter auteur/denny orifice

I have no idea what this means.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 02:08:32 AM »

Question

I think I'm probably one of the older posters here (nearly 40) and I have seen most of the original great fright flicks like When A Stranger Calls, Halloween,\
Dawn Of The Dead and others.

Let me say this: I don't like remakes of classics at all. I agree with the OP that they are buggering around with them. Rather re-release the originals and make money that way.

Remakes I have avoided:

The Hills Have Eyes
Dawn Of The Dead
When A Stranger Calls

I believe that there are remakes of It, HellRaiser and Halloween in the works....................someone borrow my eyes now, please. Hatred

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 09:16:19 AM »

GOD@#%$#%$#$#%DAMNIT$#@$%$^###&$&#$%#f^&$#$SHI###what the hell are they doing? These movies are F#%$ classics! What gives them the right to take someone else's work and screw it up? Is hollywood that short of ideas that they have to keep spinning out the same films just to make a quick buck? Hatred I can only hope the same thing happens as it did with that Suspiria remake - It'll get canned after the original director says how much its going to suck (hint to all directors-make your opinions clear if you dont want some idiot screwing around with your film).

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 09:37:33 AM »

They're remaking every damned movie ever made, I don't even bother caring anymore.  Can you imagine being a kid these days, and every movie you see is a crappy remake of stuff that was really good back when we grew up?  It's like their whole pop media culture is just a second rate lie.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
daveblackeye15

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 01:39:21 PM »

Dawn of the Dead ('04) is one of the better done remakes. Actually it's not so much of a remake but more of a 'redo'. It's different but entertaining, maybe that's why I like it.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 08:28:45 PM »

hint to all directors-make your opinions clear if you dont want some idiot screwing around with your film
I wouldn't mind if someone wnated to screw with one of my (hopefully upcoming) films. They want to put their own spin on it, fine, it's their world and if I get in some possessive fury I might be crushing an inspired (maybe not well-executed) vision.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 10:19:14 PM »

The Evil Dead remake is not a rumor; it's 100% true.  Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are both producers in the film, and Campbell himself said they aren't going to let it be ruined.  This is one the few remakes coming out I have a little faith in.   I'm not usually against remakes personally.  I just figure if it's a remake I wouldn't want to see, then I just avoid it. 
Torgo

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 10:23:02 PM »

What I had heard about this proposed F13th remake was that they were basically going to distill all of the major plot points of the first 4 films into one movie.

Plus, they were going to try to show just how in the heck Jason survived out in those woods and what happened between the years of the 1st film to the 2nd.

I think that it's going to be mainly a complete turd as I know a few people who went to see the Hitcher remake despite me telling them to not go see it (I'm a big fan of the original, which I know isn't a perfect film, but it's an entertaining one).  They said that The Hitcher remake sucked so bad they walked out by the halfway point.

There have been some instances in which some remakes have turned out to be really good films.  Examples include John Carpenter's The Thing and the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake.  But the reason why these films were so good is that they basically reimagined the entire films and really were totally different films from the originals.

I think that someone remaking a movie should be like someone covering a song, it should only be done if someone puts their own stamp on the song and don't just do a pointless retread of a song that was perfect to begin with.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 11:23:48 PM »

I have seen some of the remakes.  One of them was The Amnytiville Horror.  The new one sucked a$$.  The orginal was far scarier and more fun to watch, just because you used your imagination instead of Hollywood special effects.  The other one was When A Stranger Calls, the orginal was a million times better, the remake just played off of the gore.  The last one I saw and reget seeing was The Hills Have Eyes.  The orginal one was good, the remake was nasty.  I did not like the rape scene, it disturbed me in the new one.

I think that the producers are trying to push beyond the edge to make people like the movies and I believe that this hurts the movie.

Oh well, I am not incharge of the movies, but I will be incharge of my money.

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 09:20:16 AM »

I think what makes the remakes so bad (at least the ones I've seen) is that the originals had two very important things:  character and story.  Likable, or at least sympathetic characters, and the plot kept you interested.  The remakes just throw those two elements out completely, substituting cliche characters who are either extremely unlikable or else just completely unsympathetic, and all the more interesting elements of the plot are taken out.  Instead they have lots of CGI and porobably some really stupid jump scares.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Horrible news... but I need some proof first « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.