Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:08:58 PM
714538 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7746 Members
Latest Member: Bluetoothicb
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Horrible news... but I need some proof first « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Horrible news... but I need some proof first  (Read 11773 times)
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 10:18:40 AM »

I think that it's going to be mainly a complete turd as I know a few people who went to see the Hitcher remake despite me telling them to not go see it (I'm a big fan of the original, which I know isn't a perfect film, but it's an entertaining one).  They said that The Hitcher remake sucked so bad they walked out by the halfway point.

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,112652.0.html
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 12:22:57 PM »

As far the remakes go, I did enjoy Dawn of the Dead (thought original was better).  I also liked The Hills Have Eyes, which I thought was better than the original film.  That's probably at least partly because I don't have a very high opinion of the original...  But the remake is worth watching, and pretty entertaining in its way.  Well-acted and put together.  Not a lot of substance, but the original doesn't either.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 03:24:49 AM »

I am going to remake The Trial Of Billy Jack but I will keep it down to under 90 minutes and I will employ an editor. I will not have Billy fight the Big Guy in a cave, no, Billy can rather knock the hell out of his own shadow.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 03:59:06 AM »

I dislike the re-make trend.

Hills Have Eyes was a disappointment.  The original was great story about survival.  People trapped in the middle of nowhere.  Maniacs lurking all around.  They have no idea what the hell they're going to do...  they just know they want to make it home again (and get thier baby back).  There were rich characters.  Even the cannibals had characters.  This is what was lost in the remake.  Where is a scene where the mutants wonder "So what are we going to do with this baby?"  What compels the mutant girl to do anything in this movie?  Why didn't the dog kick half as much ass?

I can't explain why I didn't like Dawn of the Dead.  I just didn't.  It's not because of my devotion to the original.  I look at it as a completely separate zombie movie.  It just didn't appeal to me.

When a Stranger Calls-  Not a remake.  Juts re-use of a title.  No harm done.

Let's re-make crap that nobody has ever heard of.  My Slime People remake will kick ass if I ever get off my ass and write it.
Torgo

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 11:54:07 PM »

I thougt that the Hills Have Eyes remake was total crap.  I'm a fan of the original, even though I readily admit that it has some very apparent flaws.

The worst thing about the remake is that it was made by the same French filmmakers who did High Tension which I loved  (and yes, I thought the ending twist was fine).

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 12:13:59 AM »

The Hills Have Eyes remake was brilliant ,IMO...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 07:10:18 AM »

i dont know if i'd go as far to say brilliant, but i enjoyed it.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 02:18:14 PM »

Well, then you should enjoy the scheduled sequel to the remake.
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 08:45:24 PM »

I am a teenager and I also hate all re-makes of old classics. Luckily, I grew up with a father who showed me Manhunter,IT, and Dawn of the Dead all when I was around 8 years old. When I was younger, I wouldnt go to the movies, I would go out and buy a old horror movie. Sadly enough, many of my friends have never seen any good movies and are controlled by these crappy-remakes being churned out by Hollywood.If you want a quote here it is: Once one of my friends was browsing my IPOD and I told him to watch Plan 9 From Outer Space. He then said "No, I dont want to see the horrors of Black and White". That just made me sick. I entirely agree with all of you guys by saying that most naive youth try and "modernize" old pictures which essentially ruins the movie.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 08:39:16 AM »

Hatred THE SAME GUY WHO DIRECTED THE HITCHER RE-MAKE!!?? (shoots self in the head)
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 09:28:43 AM »

I was never a big fan of the Friday the 13th movies, but what I want to know is how did Jason get to be over 6 feet tall? Wasn't he originally a short scrawny teenager?
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 10:31:33 AM »

I was never a big fan of the Friday the 13th movies, but what I want to know is how did Jason get to be over 6 feet tall? Wasn't he originally a short scrawny teenager?

There is an old saying:  "That which does not kill us makes us Kane Hodder."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2007, 04:42:24 AM »

Well, then you should enjoy the scheduled sequel to the remake.

i REALLY disliked the second film its was lack of story, acting, and wasnt going anywhere in terms of plot except "uh we gotta get outta here! look theres a mutant!"

Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2007, 12:33:46 PM »

To all directors who insist on padding there resumes by directing remakes:

Okay, okay, so you liked a certain movie when you were a kid... maybe it even encouraged you to become a filmmaker. I'm happy for you. You're making your dream a reality. Good for you.

*leans in* But seriously, haven't you seen any existing remakes of older films? Perhaps you should check out how many times the basic premise of every single H.G. Welles story has been done and redone... and redone, all basically involve the same things. If it isn't invading aliens attacking our contemporary time period, it's invisible people causing havoc. Oh, yeah, and a few films about giant animals who develop cravings for human flesh...

Even if you're not much for old literature, try a more contemporary example... perhaps you've heard of the Planet of the Apes series of films? I often wonder what Roddy McDowell would have to say about the numerous sequels and watered-down tv serials and remakes (thanks, Tim Burton... I find it hard to believe you once made Beetlejuice). Spinoffs, indeed. Money, nothing more. Jaws 2 - 4; money, nothing more. There are even Jaws video games. I never thought monsters could be turned into whores, but it happens.

The original Planet of the Apes was meant to stand alone, not be cloned half a dozen times. Is it accurate? It's fiction, you dolt. Fiction niether has to be technically accurate nor depressingly realistic. Who complains that Flash Gordon wasn't realistic? Who b***hes and moans that King Kong couldn't possibly exist, due to the stresses such a large frame would have placed upon it by our world's gravity? And when said ape tackled with a radioactive lizard called Godzilla (Gojira, for you purists), who complained that realistically both should die of radiation posioning? Realism is an excuse to do that which you already intended to do in film.

It is then ironic to me that when two people - not from Japan, I might add - considered making a remake of Gojira, they threw out all influences the giant rubber suited version had created for almost forty years- it would have been encouraging, except for one small problem: they failed to ignore the influences of the film Jurassic Park- which was made by someone who, in turn, was influenced by older science fiction films... and that person too, has gone on to remake one such film... after remaking his own. Having stooped to stealing from H.G. Welles, Spielberg must forever be looked at in a questioning glance as to his creativity... and to his integrity.

If you're going to "homage" the works of someone who came before you, at the very least, try to make your version at least half original. Forbidden Planet claimed to ape Shakespeare... and what of "Them!"? It was born in an age of giant bug movies, and yet it stands head and shoulders above many other giant monster films (sorry, Mothra- you get second place... now leave Godzilla alone!!).

*leans back* Sorry, I may have gotten a little too worked up about this... So here's your homework:

A: Get an idea,

B: then check online to see if it's been done,

C: how,

D: and what is the same, and what's not.

Then try to only cobble together ideas that are different, not "sellable"... repetitive... insipid... or just damn silly. We'll thank you for it, I promise.
Raffine

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2007, 12:59:42 PM »

I am going to remake The Trial Of Billy Jack but I will keep it down to under 90 minutes and I will employ an editor. I will not have Billy fight the Big Guy in a cave, no, Billy can rather knock the hell out of his own shadow.  TeddyR

All I ask is you keep the guitar-strumming hook boy. That kid getting mowed down by the National Guard illustrates all that was great about 70's film making.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Horrible news... but I need some proof first « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.