Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:11:59 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Playstation 3 Console Reviewed! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Playstation 3 Console Reviewed!  (Read 9510 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: November 22, 2006, 01:03:11 AM »

Hey everyone,
I found this really good article over at Gamespot.com.
They finally got their hands on the new PS3 game system and I must say, it looks really cool!
They've given it a thorough review.

READ IT HERE

I'd love to buy one if I could find one.  Maybe next year I'll pick one up.
What do you think?
Would you buy one?
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 01:12:17 AM »

Would you buy one?
I don't have cable.
Do they work with rabbit ears?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 05:25:47 AM »

All these new games systems, you kiddies are never satisfied!

I can remember when when only had Pong to play and we were happy about it. Why even the Atari 2600 seemed like the forbidden fruit of paradise unless you had the sucky ET game, which my family did. Then there were those Intellivision geeks, but I did like the B-17 bomber game.

But seriously, I just sold off my old XBOX to a friend after figuring out that I just don't like console games that much anymore. Waste of money and time for me. She bought it for her son, but her husband plays it to the point of p**sing them all off now.

The frenzy over the PS3 has been funny to follow, except for the people getting shot and/or robbed waiting in line. Plus the folks paying such a premium online for bragging rights or to satisfy a jones they or their kid have, when the thing will only be worth as much as the ones on the shelf when production finally catches up.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 06:55:14 AM »

B-17 Bomber!  I remember playing that at my friends.  "Quick, switch to the 3 o'clock gun!  Hurry!  I hear him shooting!"

You know, there is a game for the PS2 that made me consider getting the console.  That is "War of the Monsters."  You pick from several science-fiction based creatures, like a huge ape, a Godzilla-like reptile, a living statue, a huge mantis, etc.  They you battle it out in one of several settings.  Buildings can be destroyed, vehicles picked up and thrown, and the game is plain old fun.  Chucking a tanker truck will reward you with a huge fireball when it hits, while you can impale the other guy if you find a long girder or radio antenna.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 05:13:03 AM »

The mission I most remember playing B-17 on was one where we lost all gun turrets, a couple of engines, and had taken so many flak hits we should have crashed ages ago according to the kid who had the system. Finally we made it back across the Channel and were within sight of the air field when we couldn't get any altitude and crashed in the water within sight of what were supposed to be the cliffs of Dover. Like something out of the Steve McQueen movie The War Lover, which I saw years later. Tha particular mission seemed to last for hours.

I think I remember ads for that one,Andrew, plus it reminded me of the old arcade and Nintendo system game Rampage. Where you played as one of three look-a-likes of Kaiju. Good fun that old game. Smashing buildings, eating soldiers and civilians, crushing vehicles, and punching the other monsters across the screen multiple times since the screen was so cluttered.

The one game on XBOX I did semi-enjoy was Destroy All Humans!, where you played as a little grey alien (with a Jack Nicholson-type voice) invading Earth to retrieve an earlier clone version of yourself after he has been captured in 1950s alien paranoid America. Much skewering of 50s cliches and lots of b-movie references. One of the rewards you got for completing part of the game was unlocking a 5 minute clip of Plan 9. You also got bonus points for weapons, powers, and spaceship upgrades by collecting human brain stems, mostly by making them pop out of the heads of people with powers or weapons, including an anal probe gun.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 11:36:13 AM »

One of the ICU RNs here at the hospital last year paid over $450 for a PS2 for her sons.  They are available on Amazon for less than a hudred and thirty now.  Ijust can't justify paying almost 500-600 smackers for a game system, when for just a bit more you can purchase a PC that can do much more than just play games.
Maybe I'm just gettin' old  . . . . . . . Lookingup

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Potato king
Dedicated Viewer

ölöm

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 05:05:08 AM »

I am utterly bored about people fighting over stupid things like which is the best new console. Have you seen any of those fanboy- videos in youtube? And read the comments? They all seem like they could kill each other! Everybody forgets, that none of these new consoles are a match to the awesomeness and unbeatable greatness of NES, Atari 2600 and Pong.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 01:36:50 PM »

WAR OF THE MONSTERS and GODZILLA: SAVE THE EARTH personally are my two favourite games for PS2. Lots of monster destruction and mayhem but honestly they do get a bit repetitive after a time. 

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 03:14:39 PM »

I like nintendo..we have the Cube, but we're going to have to get the Wii because they say they're not going to make new games for the Cube. With the Wii we'll be able to play old and new. They're putting a gun to our head to buy the Wii. They have to make the money and we have to play the games.  TeddyR

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
dean

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 01:38:44 AM »

I just bought the Wii, and it's loads of fun.  Nothing like moving around looking like an idiot when playing Wario's Smooth Moves to make drinking fun.

I'll be interested in what it's like for 'actual' games, but since I just bought it, I've only got a limited game supply.  But it's a lot of fun, and good to have a new style of game play.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 12:33:57 PM »

I've seen some videos of people playing the Wii. They were boxing and running and even bowling, this is good exercise. I like that part because now I won't feel soooooo guilty playing. I'll be working out and playing at the same time, what a concept.  BounceGiggle

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
dean

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 11:46:55 AM »

Plus depending on the game the person playing will look like an absolute fool, which ads a whole new level to the entertainment it provides.  It is quite fun, and has turned many friends of mine who looked down on gaming into loving it.  Though like I said, I suppose it's like having a billiard table: you'll play it heaps at first but then after a bit of time you end up only pulling it out at a party...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
T-Rex Television
Dedicated Viewer

I Am The Walrus!!

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 12:18:18 PM »

Psshh..new consoles, What I am getting next is the old consoles. I need Atari and NES soon, and more games for my sega genesis. I cant wait to play Pong, arg so frustrating when you cant play. and Centipede, I love that one. maybe ill get one of those consoles this week though. the most "recent" game system ive got is ps2 ive had since it came out, got it as a gift. and its really good, lots of good games and its built solid, mines still has no problems, not even dirty (which is amazing considerig i keep it laying on my floor..next to my TV thats on the floor...), but i dont want anything "more advanced" then the ps2, thats even new technology for me, thank you very much.

"Be still my dog of war, I understand your pain. We have all lost someone we love..."

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 06:10:26 PM »

dude, screw the PS3. We have a "try me" one at my work and it busted the same week we got it. It's all about the Wii, man.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Torgo

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 07:42:28 PM »

I've still just got a PS2, Dreamcast and Sega Genesis.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Playstation 3 Console Reviewed! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.