Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:36:12 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mean guns - my definition of a bad film « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mean guns - my definition of a bad film  (Read 2031 times)
BTB
Dedicated Viewer

« on: February 20, 2007, 02:48:09 PM »

To make my introduction as a new member I want to post about my favorite Bad Movie, which is the bad movie which started my passion.

Just looking at the leads and you know you got a bad movie

Ice-T and Christopher Lambert.

Everybody in this movie knows it is a bad movie and they revel in it and this is the most fun about it.
The dialogues are Tarantino inspired nonetheless they talk about unnecessarry cussing.

The story itself plays in new prison which before it's opening is filled by the mafia with lots of hitmen who have three hours to kill each other for money.

Lots of subplots which are never truly explained or executed
for instance
-the slut which accidentally gets involved and is one of the most dangerous persons
-christopher Lamberts small daughter waiting in a car at the parking space, the character you hope the most to be executed
-Christopher Lamberts mental trauma

The soundtrack itself is put on in the film by Ice-T's Character who choose to play Mambos by Perez Prado ( the King of Mambo) and gives the movie a we are having fun in headbashing Quality.

I learned a lot about Bad Movies by browsing through the site and the boards and this a part of the small wisdom I have to share for you.

To have no ideas and to express them
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 06:16:29 AM »

You forgot directed by Albert Pyun, a bad movie homing beacon all by himself.

Great premise and setup, poor execution.

I was on the side of this one for a while especially after Lambert's reply to "Any other questions?!?!" "Yeah, Where can I get this CD?"

Also when the guns get dumped out and everyone scrambles to arm up, only to find the are all unloaded, then loose rounds and magazines are dumped out. A better movie would have made more of this, after this part, no one seemed to be hurting for ammo.

I remember being in another thread on this film a while back. I haven't seen the film since then either, but I'm certain the little girl claims Lambert isn't her father when the female doctor finds her at the end, and even refers to him as "that creep".

Wow, Deborah Van Valkenburgh went downhill from The Warriors and Too Close for Comfort.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Fearless Freep

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 08:54:57 AM »

Saw parts of this one and been meaning to see it all again.

I'll watch pretty much anything with Christopher Lambert, though

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Jim H

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 08:26:04 PM »

I actually quite enjoy Mean Guns.  It's definetly a bad movies overall.

Good music, some entertaining action scenes, and I like a lot of the characters. 

Also of note is how badly cropped the film is.  It was obviously filmed much wider, and looking it up on the IMDB reveals it was in fact shot at 2.35:1.  It makes the sin cards, for example, almost unreadable.  Oh well, I do like the film but importing the Japanese LD or the French DVD isn't quite worth it to me.

BTW, I think Michael Halsey, who played Marcus, did a great job, overshadowing everyone else in the film.
Neville

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 07:16:49 AM »

My favourite Albert Pyun film, together with "Poastmortem". It didn't make much sense, but it sure was a lot of fun, specially with the mambo music.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mean guns - my definition of a bad film « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.