Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:53:45 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Official Show Your Support for Menard Day « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: The Official Show Your Support for Menard Day  (Read 41476 times)
Menard
« on: February 22, 2007, 05:45:36 PM »

This is a note to the little pussies who keep voting me down.

My karma has been on a yo-yo ride the past two days. It is up to 25, then down to 23, then up to 24, then back to 23.

I guess if I had posted something to offend a whiny little crybaby (like opening their eyes to how much a particular movie sucks), then I could understand the cowardly little act of taking shots at me anonymously, but hell, I've been pretty tame over the past few days, even for myself; or, should I take this as a message that the negative votes are pleas for abuse, because I would be more than happy to accommodate.

If someone wants to vote me down, hell, let me earn it first (and I can surely do that). I don't see any need to be proactive in voting in anticipation of what I have not said yet; yes, most likely I will say it.

Let me just say that I have an idea of who has been voting me down; they just need to grow some balls and tell me that they did. Yes, I will still abuse you for it, but it will be less cruel than what I do to you once I confirm who did it without telling me.

Here's a great idea: let's have a Show Your Support for Menard Day.

Yes, it is purely extortion. And your point is?

Let's give Menard back the 4 points of karma he has lost over the past two days (don't ya just love it when I speak in third person; comes off like a demon, huh?).

Let's avoid me really earning negative karma. TeddyR

Capiche?

Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 06:18:53 PM »

One of my concerns about the karma system is idiocy and yes, it still concerns me.  Actually, I have thought recently about turning it off - after looking at the logs and then trying to understand why negative karma was given.  We do not all seem to be able to use it as the system was intended.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 06:36:27 PM »

I'll be happy to give you a couple of karma's, you've been very helpful to me.  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  WOW that felt good.  TeddyR Oops it well only let me give you one......I'll be back.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 06:38:30 PM by Poogie » Logged

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 06:48:49 PM »

I refuse to be held hostage by this scumbag...oops...I mean...uh...beautiful humanitarian we call...Meathead...00ps! I mean Meynard! TeddyR
  Hey,if I had gave you bad points,Iwould say so. Incidently,I have never gave anyone a bad point....though I have given lotsa good ones. I never even gave WW a bad point,because,believe it or not,I find his posts kinda fun.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 07:04:30 PM »

I never give backwards Karma (except once with Ashthecat when he was being dramatic about it TongueOut ...), hell I've been trying to ease the load on poor Wyre lately! But look Menard, people give and take Karma for minor things without thinking really, your Karma ain't really a measure of how we really think, just what kinda mood we're in! Look at me, just eleven Karma and I'm well respected around here, right?!?

...right? Question

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Menard
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 08:05:25 PM »

I refuse to be held hostage by this scumbag...oops...I mean...uh...beautiful humanitarian we call...Meathead...00ps! I mean Meynard! TeddyR
  Hey,if I had gave you bad points,Iwould say so. Incidently,I have never gave anyone a bad point....though I have given lotsa good ones. I never even gave WW a bad point,because,believe it or not,I find his posts kinda fun.

I gave you good karma for the scumbag/meathead remark. You have seen through my disguise. TeddyR
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 08:08:30 PM »

Well,being we're being all touchy/feely here,I gave you one too! TeddyR

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Menard
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 08:16:33 PM »

I never give backwards Karma (except once with Ashthecat when he was being dramatic about it TongueOut ...), hell I've been trying to ease the load on poor Wyre lately! But look Menard, people give and take Karma for minor things without thinking really, your Karma ain't really a measure of how we really think, just what kinda mood we're in! Look at me, just eleven Karma and I'm well respected around here, right?!?

...right? Question

Uh...sure...right. Lookingup

I have only given negative karma twice: once to Issac for lying, and once to WyreWizard...well...for being WyreWizard (specifically, his comments about how he got enjoyment from abusing human beings he saw as only drunks actually offended, if not sickened me). Essentially, I look at negative karma as only being earned, from me anyway, by going too far; disagreeing with me, calling me names, or considering me a low-life is perfectly reasonable and not deserving of negative karma. I can certainly earn negative karma (and I think we can all agree with that TeddyR), but I would like to earn it and not have it parted out like Halloween candy.

Oh...sorry...I forgot....

Menard
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 08:17:49 PM »

Well,being we're being all touchy/feely here,I gave you one too! TeddyR

Thank you sweetie....kiss...kiss
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 08:33:30 PM »

Why does everyone care so much about the karma? It doesn't really do anything and it has nothing to do with bad movies. It's only aparent function is to p**s off Menard and make WyreWizard look like a shmuck. (what is he at now, -12?). I think you should get rid of it, Andrew. Or keep it. I doesn't really matter to me, but if it really matters THAT MUCH to you Menard, I'll give you one.

Can't we all just get along? Cheers

« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 08:35:39 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 08:44:19 PM »

I'll be happy to give you a couple of karma's, you've been very helpful to me.  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  WOW that felt good.  TeddyR Oops it well only let me give you one......I'll be back.
Menard, you made my wife say "WOW that felt good", so even though that has caused me a great psychological trauma, I gave you a karma for that.

Actually Menard I think you're quite funny.  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 08:55:51 PM »

He is funny, but dangerous.  Like a rattlesnake on a banana peel.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 09:05:33 PM »

He is funny, but dangerous.  Like a rattlesnake on a banana peel.

Bring out your signs!

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 09:21:45 PM »

Bring out your signs!

No...that's just what he will expect me to do...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 09:49:23 PM »

It's not the number that matters to me. I have said before that we all know who is who (pardon my grammar) on this forum without the need for karma. What I found irritating was the cavalier manner in which someone was apparently playing with my karma (get your mind out of the gutter). My karma was not voted down for something I posted, but it was voted down specifically because it was me. We don't need someone with a chip on their shoulder doling out negative karma to anybody they feel like whether it was earned or not, and I am not alone in having been treated like this. If they want to vote me down simply because they don't like me (oh gee, someone doesn't like me; will I ever get over it) that is fine, but they should have the balls to tell me how they feel and to be able to stand up to the bashing they so richly deserve, and which I will gleefully provide. TeddyR

BTW, I have made up my missing karma; actually, I got a few more than what was missing, so I need to dole out a few more positive points myself.

Ah...ah feel like an acceptance speech.

(sniff) I have been so hu....humbled (sniff) by the positive response to my post (sni...aachoo) scuse me. I would like to thank everybody responsible....me TongueOut.

I would like to thank a few members of the board for their continual support over the years (urrrp).

(sniff)

Scott (sniff) has always provided me with the hope, that despite one's problems, there is always therapy....I mean...hope; even if it is a lit match in a hurricane.

Andrew (sniff..urrrp) has taught me that despite what they say about jarheads.....uh...despite...uh...well.....I'm certain there was something I was going to say.

I would like to thank Trekgeezer for always making me feel young (sniff)...and allowing me to stalk him on other boards.

I would like to thank Double Odinn7 for giving me a greater appreciation of squirrels (uuuuuurrrrrp).

I would like to thank Skaboi for teaching me that (sniff) no matter what I say, it could never be as embarrassing as starting a thread about actresses I want to do.

I would like to thank Dennis and Poogie for the unintentional lesbian reference. Intentional or not, I always enjoy a good lesbian (ee..ee) reference.

I would like to thank Rich Andrini for teaching me that regardless how old you get (snifferp), there is always room for animated women.

I would like to thank raj for teaching me that dogs (aah...ahhh) and rugs (choo) do go together.

I would like to thank RCMerchant (sniff) for teaching me that when the written word sometimes looks like gobbledegook, it's not always my fault.

I would like to thank Mr. Briggs Inc. (eeerrrpp) for teaching me that positive votes for WyreWizard are not a waste of....uh....are not a waste of....; oh hell, they are a waste.

I would like to thank KYGOTC (sniff) for.....uh....I'll get back to you.

(I hope we all know that this has been in the spirit of fun)

I know I have missed thanking several members of the board, however, if you will let me know that I missed you, I will provide a very special thanks for you too.  Cheers
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Official Show Your Support for Menard Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.