Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:57:12 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Dresden Files: Storm Front « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dresden Files: Storm Front  (Read 9621 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: March 24, 2007, 07:48:54 AM »

I got around to watching this episode of Dresden Files last night.  It had been sitting on my DVR for about a week or so.

I noticed that the episode was considerably different than the others.  Dresden didn't seem to have a problem telling Murphy nor his reporter girlfriend (who hasn't appeared in the series before) about magic and the High Council and such.  Also, Bob was no where to be found.  The effects seemed cheesier than normal, and the directing style seemed to be way off from what it normally is.  Not only that, the girl playing Bianca isn't the same girl who played her in a previous episode.

Anyone know if this was the pilot episode?  It all seemed off from the direction the show had taken previously, and in my opinion, it was a step back.  I know that a lot of networks show series out of order, and I was wondering if that was the case here.

Anyone know?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
moravec
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 08:19:12 AM »

Not sure what they are up too... the epsiode  was the edited down version on Storm Front. It was made as a pilot/tv movie and was about 2 hours long, however they re-shot some of it and cut it down to an hour.

It was a bit messy... the layout of Harry's place was more like the book - the sub basement lab was present. It had elements of Storm Front, but didn't follow the story at all.

I don't know why they didn't just split it into 2 episodes. Some of it just made no sense and because it was due to be the pilot, it feels like a pilot - they introduce characters and ideas, that were outside of the flow of the show.

It's typical of SciFi channel when they don't think they will pick it up for another season.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 08:24:11 AM by moravec » Logged

I am the *Sciolist's* Worst Nightmare.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »

Not sure what they are up too... the epsiode  was the edited down version on Storm Front. It was made as a pilot/tv movie and was about 2 hours long, however they re-shot some of it and cut it down to an hour.

It was a bit messy... the layout of Harry's place was more like the book - the sub basement lab was present. It had elements of Storm Front, but didn't follow the story at all.

I don't know why they didn't just split it into 2 episodes. Some of it just made no sense and because it was due to be the pilot, it feels like a pilot - they introduce characters and ideas, that were outside of the flow of the show.

It's typical of SciFi channel when they don't think they will pick it up for another season.

Thanks for that.

I knew that something had to be up with it.  It just seemed extremely disjointed and out of place compared to the rest of the series.  Hopefully it'll be restored to it's original run time on an eventually DVD set.  I loved the idea of the exploding hearts but it seemed to try to pack in way too much into only an hour. 

I really need to pick up some of the Dresden books. 

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 06:44:14 PM »

They had to edit it and do some reshoots because the show ended up being pretty different than the pilot (They shot the pilot a year before they started filming the series.   My son keeps up with this on some message board that Robert Hewitt Wolfe posts on and he said that the pilot had Bob as living in the fire place and was just a voice.  I think it also had Toot-Toot the fairy in it , but he was renamed.

As shown had a few elements from the book. but not much of the detail.

I think SciFi must want it to succeed, they were showing a marathon last night.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 06:47:45 PM by trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Dresden Files: Storm Front « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.