Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:17:27 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Favorite Comedian(s) ? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Favorite Comedian(s) ?  (Read 22561 times)
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 08:02:19 PM »

Geez, lots of good names here.  I can't choose just one or even a couple.
dean

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 07:38:21 AM »

There's a heap of great stuff out there, so rather than make a huge list I'll just put down two local favs of mine.

Carl Barron is one of the best Australian stand up comedians out there, funny stuff, but I worry that most of his humour wouldn't work outside of the country [most of the link below makes much more sense to Australians I suppose] But he's hilarious.

Small | Large

Shaun Micallef is also a great Australian comedian, and he hosted a few shows here, including a live show and sketch comedy show, both of which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Small | Large

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xYMKtK_Qg0
Small | Large

Figured I'd link a couple for those after some odd, but great humour from some Aussie comedians.

Oh and just as an interesting aside, here's some clips of another great Aussie comedian, Eric Bana, doing some skits in a character he made famous back in the day, before he actually showed us he can act...

Small | Large

Small | Large
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 08:17:54 AM by dean » Logged

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »

@dean, did you ever catch a aussie show called "Funky Squad"? It was like a parody of 70s cop shows. really funny, think it was mid-90s era that it went out. not sure who any of the actors in it were but its one of the funniest shows Ive ever seen. there's not too much on the net about it, and I dont think its released on DVD either.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 09:33:01 PM »

Forgot to mention Benny Hill and Paul Hogan.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 06:04:45 AM »

What? No Pauly Shore? OUCH! OOPHH!!! HEY!! JUST KIDDING!!!

I discoverd Benny Hill while staying with my Gramma in the Bronx in 1980...I was an instant Benny Hill fan from then on.  Thumbup BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 07:36:38 AM »

I like lots of comedians ...too many to name.  I hear a lot of good ones on Bob and Tom.  My favorites have to be George Carlin and Steven Wright. 

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2007, 12:59:56 PM »

Here's some of my all-time favorites:
Marx Brothers
Rodney Dangerfield
Mitch Hedberg
Brian Regan
Sklar Brothers
Stella
Allen and Slovin
Nick Swardson
Jim Gaffigan
Amazing Jonathan
Adam Ferrara
Gabriel Iglesias
Stephen Lynch
Gilbert Gottfried
Demetri Martin
And yes... I enjoy Dat Phan
dean

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 03:23:31 AM »

Ah, Alan Partridge!

I knew I forgot another good one...  BounceGiggle

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 05:33:59 AM »

This may seem corny...but Henny Youngman always cracked me up! BounceGiggle

Guy goes to a psychiarist,tells the guy-"Your crazy." Guy says-" I wanta second opnion!" "Ok, your ugly too!"

A bum asks a guy on the street-"Loan me $10 till payday!" Guy says-"Whens payday?" Bum says-"How do I know? Your the one with the job!"

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 03:22:13 AM »

Just recent on AOL Radio, I heard a 10 minute bit of Henny Youngman just doing insult comebacks. About half of them I'd heard or used at one time or another, but I was still rolling with laughter. The man had delivery and timing down. He could get a laugh from a line everyone already knew.

SaintMort, I'm about 60/40 love to hate on your list, among the ones I've heard of. Never heard of Nick Swardson or Allen and Slovin.

The only thing I ever liked from the Sklar Bros. was their bit poking fun of rock radio promos, they nailed the macho tone and everything else perfectly.

dean, I have got to see more than clips of Alan Patridge. What little I've seen of Steve Coogan, and what I've read about the Partridge character sounds really cool. He and Rob Brydon were awesome in Tristam Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story, I hated when that movie ended it was so funny. 

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
dean

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 05:51:31 AM »

dean, I have got to see more than clips of Alan Patridge. What little I've seen of Steve Coogan, and what I've read about the Partridge character sounds really cool. He and Rob Brydon were awesome in Tristam Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story, I hated when that movie ended it was so funny. 

Yeah, he's great.  24 Hour Party People is also a great Coogan effort, but forever will I know him first and formost as Alan Partridge.

And I know you want to see more than clips, but HERE'S SOME MORE!

Smile

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 06:03:56 AM by dean » Logged

Raffine

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 10:30:23 AM »

No doubt: W.C. Fields.

Currently obsessed with the bizarre dark British comedy series The League of Gentlemen.
The writers/performers are all horror movie fans, particularly 'Hammer Horrors',  and it shows!

Best/most disturbing character - Papa Lazarou.

"You're my wife now!"

Small | Large
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 05:30:29 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 03:31:41 PM »

SaintMort, I'm about 60/40 love to hate on your list, among the ones I've heard of. Never heard of Nick Swardson or Allen and Slovin.

Nick Swardson's fame really picked up recently when he befriended Adam Sandler and got a Co-starring role in "Grandma's Boy"

Allen and Slovin (or Solvin and Allen I forget) is kinda of a demented bit comedy. They do things like "Who's on First" but replace Who, What, Why, ect with real baseball players names, or do a sketch where they build a time machine that goes back in time 15 seconds and just keep repeating the same situation over and over again (which involves eating 2 twinkies and chugging a fruit punch gallon).

Small | Large

Youtube took down the Comedy Central Presents episode though
peter johnson

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 05:07:31 PM »

Yeah, you know, once you stop & really list them, as Scott did, you don't realize just how many great clowns there were/are out there --
I own almost complete vinyl collections of Shelley Berman -- currently playing a judge on "Boston Legal" -- Jonathan Winters, Bob Newhart -- he made his name in standup first, remember -- and The Firesign Theatre.
The Firesign Theatre is sort of a Pataphysical thing -- Max Ernst claimed that just as Metaphysics is the unseen spirit behind the Physical world, Pataphysics is the unseen force/spirit behind Metaphysics.  As individuals they don't fare as well or come up with as amazing stuff, but as a group they create new worlds wherein their own physical & spiritual laws hold sway -- Much like Jonathan Winters does solo!!
I worked with Henny Youngman in Massachusetts in 1975.  I noticed he had a Mercury dime welded to a safety-pin in his lapel.  "My goodness, Mr. Youngman", I said, "That certainly is a unique piece of jewelry . . ."
"Yeah!", he says, "That's my diamond pin(dime-and-pin said quickly)"!!
peter pun/denny awful

I have no idea what this means.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 05:51:09 PM »

You WORKED with Henny Youngman?!?! Wow. I bow.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Favorite Comedian(s) ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.