Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:30:07 PM
714385 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  300. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 300.  (Read 4152 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 23, 2007, 04:16:59 PM »

All I can say is: Holy s**t.

This movie rocks, although I'm pretty sure most reviewers will end up getting lost in the non-PC political reading.

This must be the best comic book adaptation ever. It borrows the non-PC approach and visual talent of Frank Miller's art and blends it with movie language almost perfectly. And the battles... sure you've seen this before, but never as well made. There's not a dull moment in the entire runtime (over tow hours), and even the highly subjective voiceover works.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 07:04:38 PM »

I thought it was awesome, despite the fact I'm a history nut. It's a movie that's meant to entertain and it does it well.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 03:37:30 AM »

I thought it was awesome, despite the fact I'm a history nut. It's a movie that's meant to entertain and it does it well.

Yeah, one thing that really ticks me off is people whining about how "Historically Inacurate" 300 is. Jeeze, they need to get off their high horse and just sit back, and enjoy an exhilerating, well-made action flick.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Neville

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 05:27:51 AM »

Plus you are remembered here and there you're watching a highly subjective version of the facts. Just notice how the beasts (wolves, rhinos, elephants) are twice as big as the real thing, or how Jerjes seems to be ten feet tall. If after seing that you complain of hitorical innacuracies you're entirely missing the point.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
dean

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 12:10:57 PM »

What there are no mutants in ancient Greece? Darn...

This movie hasn't been released here yet officially.  But thanks to MYSPACE of all things, I managed to wrangle myself a free screening.  It was announced on myspace somewhere that at 6:30 last wednesday there was a free screening at a nearby cinema of 300.  Needless to say, word spread, and I managed to weasel my way into the line [I rushed after work where friends were lining up]

Needless to say I loved it.  The one liners were great, and I can see people complaining about the fight scenes [sometimes slow mo can really annoy you] but I for one loved it.

I tell ya though, so many CGI abs... wow...

I'm still laughing about the 'fight in the shade' line.  Fun movie and my favourite so far of the year.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
daveblackeye15

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 03:49:43 PM »

Take a look at this it's a "PG" version of the 300 trailer.

XD

Small | Large

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 03:55:38 PM »

a-hem there is a 300 thread in "good movies" FYI

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,113275.0.html

dean

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 09:44:48 PM »

a-hem there is a 300 thread in "good movies" FYI

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,113275.0.html

Ya, but this one was right there and I was tired...  TeddyR

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ryanjvs.godzilla
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 11:33:24 PM »

my problem with this movie is the computer animation it gets old when you like at the original star wars the thing that made it great was the vast sets and puppets. then you look at 300 and the backgrounds are all fake.
Egg
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 12:47:31 AM »

I saw this movie a week ago and thought it sucked. The movie runs out of steam 3/4ths the way through. The ending is anti-climatic. Afterwards, I needed a tylenol.  But I made up for it and saw the superior Zodiac..
Egg
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 12:58:35 AM »

This movie clearly belongs in the "bad" section. If you love Xbox video games and have a short attention span, this movie is for you.
dean

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 04:32:01 AM »

This movie clearly belongs in the "bad" section. If you love Xbox video games and have a short attention span, this movie is for you.

Do you need both to watch this movie or is one or the other enough?  I mean, its a reasonably small demographic if it had to be both...

akiratubo

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 07:06:13 PM »

I think this is a very good bad movie.  And, you know, it doesn't want to be anything other than that.

I was afraid Leonidas would be a huge a***ole, like most heroes in these things are, but he and the other Spartans were an affable bunch of Joes.  Faramir's voiceover was actually pretty good and he's becoming one of my favorite Those Guys (Hey!  It's Faramir!  Woo!).  It was also nice to see Steven McHattie in a high-profile role.  Man, that guy's in good shape for his age.  The weird stuff, like Xerxes being nine feet tall, was a little off-putting but it worked within the context of the movie.

I had a good time with this one.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  300. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.