Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:00:09 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann (1982) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann (1982)  (Read 1661 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 26, 2007, 06:13:06 PM »

Decent little time travel flick starring Fred Ward who stars as a motocross racer who unknowingly (and accidentally) gets sent back in time to the old west.......bike, red racing uniform, helmet and all.

He's on some kind of cross country race (I think it's the Baja race) and happens make a wrong turn, accidentally driving through an area right as some scientists go about a time travel experiment.  He gets zapped back in the old west.

They managed to stretch their low budget pretty well and the performances are all pretty good, including Peter Coyote with a mouthful of gold teeth.

The only thing that kind of bugged me is that I don't think that at any point in the film does Fred Ward's charcter Lyle Swann think to himself "Hey, I must have somehow traveled back in time!"  In fact, I don't think that there was a single moment that he realizes that, even at the somewhat abrupt ending in which he is saved.

My friend's were taking up for his character in saying "how is he supposed to know that he got sent back in time when he didn't even know such a thing was taking place  ", but it still kind of bugged me.

but I still enjoyed it and Fred Ward always has been IMO a criminally underused and underappreciated actor and he does pretty solid work here.

The movie does take a little while to get going, as I'm no exaggerating that the 1st 10 minutes are a POV shot of Lyle racing to a really goofy guitar riff based soundtrack.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 06:26:40 PM by Torgo » Logged

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 06:49:43 PM »

Ah, it has been a while since I watched this one, but I do remember Mr. Swan being so dense as to make "Charlton Heston Lite" (from "Beneath the Planet of the Apes") seem like a genius.  What I remember thinking was that he should realize that girl was his grandmother and maybe he should stop fooling around with her.

I've usually enjoyed seeing Fred Ward in films.  He certainly made "Remo Williams" and "Tremors" work for me.  If you like seeing him, make sure you've seen "Cast a Deadly Spell" too.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 10:41:39 PM »

Saw it as a kid and just only barely remember the end.  Didn't even realize that it was Fred Ward... 

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
peter johnson

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 04:07:14 PM »

Ward is delightful in everything he does --
Anyone see him with Holly Hunter & Harry-Dean Stanton in "UFOria"?
UFOria is a brilliant small movie about psychics and UFO's, natch.  Ward plays a devil-may-care huckster/flim-flam man -- The attention to small detail in this film reminds me of the Cohens and "Raising Arizona".
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 06:15:53 PM »

UFOira is a great film. I haven't seen it in years.

Has anyone released it on DVD yet?

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
sleepyweas3l
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 07:59:48 AM »

Clyde gets his nose "shot clean off!"  "She shot his nose clean off!!!"

No body expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann (1982) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.