Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:55:07 AM
714402 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dating Advice? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Author Topic: Dating Advice?  (Read 45028 times)
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 03:55:53 PM »

I cannot count how many times this worked for me.

Worked for me this morning.  Unfortunately it only works on ducks.  If you want a woman you might have to try different tactics.  :)

Seriously though, just be yourself and don't forget that even though she is a girl, she's still a person and not so very different from you.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 03:59:10 PM »

Worked for me this morning.  Unfortunately it only works on ducks.  If you want a woman you might have to try different tactics.  :)

It works on women who are wearing duck suits.  The trick is having a duck suit on hand to head off any arguments.  Not that many bars will let you in the door if you are carrying a duffle bag with a bunch of yellow feathers sticking out of the opening.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 04:13:18 PM »

This one boyfriend of my daughter found out she liked Tiger, so he came to pick her up in a Tiger costume, they went out on the date and he wore this costume the whole time.  BounceGiggle
And YES.....If you have a sense of humor, use it.  Wink

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2007, 04:17:13 PM »

I'll tell what works around here, when I can't find my bathrobe, I'm been known to wear my wifes flowerdy pink one with the fuzzy pink trim .... pretty much grosses my daughters outs, but my wife can't keep her paws off me ... I be lookin' steamy hot, goes double if I have the pink fuzzy matching slippers. Wink

Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2007, 04:22:01 PM »

Just don't tell anybody about the thong underneath.   BounceGiggle

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 04:57:25 PM »

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll try and keep some of that in mind.

Which of the following do you think would be best for a first date?

1) Going to McDonald's or other Fast Food Restaurant (actually one of the girls I'm interested in works for one) for a meal.
2) Going shopping at Wal-Mart.
3) A moonlight walk or stroll. Actually it's too cold for that one here. We just got a batch of snow last night.
4) the beach. (again no good for where I live)
5) a skating rink or bowling alley, some sport you can both play.
6) to watch the pro wrestling matches, football game, some other sporting exhibition.
7) dinner and a movie at your place.
8) Dancing at a club.
9)  A fancy restaurant for a meal.
10) Where you'd usually go but just ask her to join you.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 05:52:32 PM »

1) Going to McDonald's or other Fast Food Restaurant (actually one of the girls I'm interested in works for one) for a meal.

NOOOOOOOO!!  Never.  Ever.  ESPECIALLY if she works there.

Nope.  I wouldn't do this.

Grand Idea. DOING something, not watching others, is a better bet to learn about each other and enjoy each other's company.  You are more likely to have positive memories of something like this, even if things don't work out with that particular person.

6) to watch the pro wrestling matches, football game, some other sporting exhibition.

Probably not, unless you happen to know SHE is really, really into said spectator event.

Not bad, if you are a good cook and you pick movies  you both can enjoy.  For our first date, my wife and I went shooting, then back to her apartment where she cooked lasagna.  After dinner, we watched some really, really bad B horror movies.  We had a great time, a LOT of fun, and I knew when I left her place that we would be married someday.

8) Dancing at a club.

Can you dance?  If not, forget this.  I don't think many women are overly impressed by going 'dancing' when it means just sitting, dancing by themselves or watching some guy embarrass her.  If you can dance, it's an okay idea.

Not bad, I suppose, but avoid the "I'm trying to impress you" schtick.  Do you usually eat at fancy restaurants?  If not, don't do it for a first date - save it for a special occasion like if she gets a new job, or you anniversary or something.  Really, though, in the end, meals at restaurants don't make lasting memories, usually.

If she's into it, sure.  But if you 'usual' is hanging out with a bunch of loser friends griping about women, talking about whatever, then probably not.

Try not to overthink this so much.  Part of the "be yourself" line everyone is given means follow your instincts and be natural.  If the person you are asking out seems like she would enjoy bowling - go for that.  If she seems the type more into moshing  in the pit, go do that if that's your thing.  My point is don't try to "force" a relationship with some impressive, perfect first date.  Find some common ground, and go from there.

And don't forget your duck suit, no matter what.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2007, 06:21:19 PM »

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll try and keep some of that in mind.

3) A moonlight walk or stroll. Actually it's too cold for that one here. We just got a batch of snow last night.
4) the beach. (again no good for where I live)
8) Dancing at a club.

1. NO!!!!!!!
2. NO!!!!!!!
3. COLD = close *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*
4. NOPE - later when you know her better.
5. Safe and easy and not hard on the pocket.
6. NO!!!!!! Find out if she is a fan first.
7. OK but cliche'
8. Smoky, noisy, crowded hard to talk and get to know each other.
9. Save fancy for later when you know her, don't want to waste money on a lost cause.
10. Hmm neutral ground is better I think.

In the end I'd go bowling or skating, skating can lead to falling the catching (get my drift) I'm not a bowler but it's safe and some allies have decent quick food. Easy to talk and it's a non threatening environment, she should be comfortable with others around. So go bowling or skating. IMHO.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2007, 06:28:36 PM »

Honestly I live in a small rural area. I have very few options period. So I'd likely have to wing it and ask her where she'd like to go which I hate doing because it gives her all the power...Still I thought it might be interesting to see the reaction to those I listed above.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2007, 06:50:54 PM »

Candy is dandy. Smile But liquer is quicker. Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2007, 07:19:55 PM »

Honestly I live in a small rural area. I have very few options period. So I'd likely have to wing it and ask her where she'd like to go which I hate doing because it gives her all the power...Still I thought it might be interesting to see the reaction to those I listed above.

The population of the town I grew up in was 641 ... so take her cow tipping.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2007, 10:12:25 PM »

Actually that may be the population of two-three towns in the area in which I live.  About the only places to go are a very small handful of clubs, 4-5 restaurants and a couple of parks in the summertime.

dean

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2007, 04:54:30 AM »

Dinner is classic: just go to a nice place [doesn't have to be fancy, unless that's all you got.]

As an interesting side note, two friends of mine went to McDonalds for their first date, and thought it was so hilarious [in that stupid tacky way] that they have been together for two or three years.  Though I'm sure she wasn't overly impressed at the time, she had enough of a sense of humour about it to make it work, and they kind of knew each other anyways...

Anyways, going to get a good dinner, and then maybe some nice drinks at a bar seems to be the standard choice for my date-a-holic friend.

So is the advice the others have given, such as going bowling and whatnot.  Depends on the person I suppose...

Just make sure it's something where you have a chance to talk.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2007, 10:37:12 AM »

This what I would do:

Bring her to a mosh pit. Any type will do Punk, Hardcore, Metal. Note that each has a different style and degree of brutality. When the mosh gets serious throw her in. If she lives it was meant to be, if she dies well it wasn't. If she starts the pit herself marry her. This also works for girls you don't like or want to dump.

If if its a maybe type of thing send her to a mosh with. no one has surivied the ANDRINI MOSH. We mosh till you fight we mosh till you die.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2007, 10:59:06 AM »

Anyone want to share stories of first dates gone all wrong? Embarrassing places you were asked out? Feel free. After all, we could all use a good laugh or two.

I asked a girl out not long ago, said I'd go wherever she wanted. She suggested hiking. Now this was not exactly thrilling for me, getting my legs scrapped on branches and getting bit by mosquitoes while tramping through the woods doesn't exactly thrill me but it was a chance to get this girl, who I had long been interested in, alone and with fine opportunity to talk to her. We ultimately became friends/acquaintances but found we really had little in common and she already had a boyfriend I soon learned. Not exactly a great first date for me in that case but hey, I did make a new friend.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dating Advice? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.