Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:05:34 AM
714425 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 745403 times)
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1695 on: November 02, 2014, 10:23:46 AM »

SummerSlam (1991)

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1696 on: November 02, 2014, 05:50:58 PM »

Out of my birthday money, I picked up a couple of Survivor Series collections (1987-1991) and (1992-1996, which was actually on sale for just $5) and the Starrcade collection. Really looking forward to revisiting the first few Survivor Series which are my all-time faves (1987-1990)

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1697 on: November 02, 2014, 08:01:14 PM »

La Parka
La Parka Tribute Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1698 on: November 02, 2014, 09:34:53 PM »

I remember watching this with my dad  at one of his friends houses. And because I was young at the time I liked it. I read it was absolute s**t though.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
VenomX73

« Reply #1699 on: November 02, 2014, 09:50:39 PM »

Yup it was pretty bad - but - it's part of wrestling history  Smile

Ultimate Warrior vs Mr Perfect MSG March 19th, 1990 Small | Large

VenomX73

« Reply #1700 on: November 03, 2014, 08:47:27 PM »

Rick Rude Hits On Cheryl Roberts Small | Large

I remember this like it was yesterday lol - I think it was around 1988.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1701 on: November 06, 2014, 11:18:38 PM »

Watched WWF Survivor Series 1987 last night. Really enjoyed it. This show came from Richfield, Ohio at the Richfield Coliseum.

Breaking down the matches, we had the following:

Randy Savage's Team: (Randy "Macho Man" Savage, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, & Hacksaw Jim Duggan) vs. The Honky Tonk Man's Team: (The Honky Tonk Man, Hercules, Dangerous Danny Davis, Outlaw Ron Bass, & King Harley Race [w/managers Bobby Heenan and Jimmy Hart])

This was probably the most disappointing match of the night. Still there was a lot of passion here from Savage, Steamboat, & Roberts who all seemed to want revenge on Honky, Savage most recently for Honky knocking down Elizabeth and whacking him with his guitar. The standouts in the match were Savage, Steamboat, Roberts, and Honky. Hercules also spent a lot of time in this match. Nice to see this one in full on the Survivor Series collection I purchased as it was edited down in the old Coliseum Video version. Pretty good match but the ending kind of fails to deliver. Still successfully continued the Honky-Savage feud at the time. *** out of ***** stars for this one.

The Fabulous Moolah's Team: (The Fabulous Moolah, Velvet McIntyre, Rockin' Robin, & The Jumping Bomb Angels) vs. Sensational Sherri's Team: (Sensational Sherri, Donna Christanello, Dawn Marie [not the ECW one], & The Glamour Girls [Judy Martin & Lelani Kai] [w/manager Jimmy Hart])

This match was a show stealer. This is without any doubt one of the best mainstream women's wrestling matches I've ever seen. These ladies didn't hold anything back and these were real gal wrasslers unlike today's divas so there was lots of hair-pulling, punches, and lot of great back and forth wrestling. The standouts in this match were the Jumping Bomb Angels and the Glamour Girls who would go on to have some classic bouts against one another. Velvet McIntyre also proved memorable in this one and Sherri Martel to a lesser extent. Just plain a great match. What a surprise this one was. Too bad more fans didn't care about the efforts of these ladies. **** out of ***** stars for this bout.

Strike Force's Team: (Strike Force [Tito Santana & Rick Martel], The British Bulldogs [Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith], The Killer Bees [B.Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell], The Young Stallions [Jim Powers & Paul Roma] & The Rougeau Brothers [Jacques & Raymond]) vs. The Hart Foundation's Team: (The Hart Foundation [Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart], The Islanders [Haku & Tama], Demolition [Ax & Smash], The New Dream Team [Greg Valentine & Dino Bravo], & The Bolsheviks [Boris Zhukov & Nikolai Volkoff] [w/managers Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Johnny V, & Slick)

Easily the best wrestling match of the night. Tons of great back and forth action and just a crazily large match with so many wrestlers involved. When one team member was defeated, both team members had to leave. Lots of standout moments in this one particularly showdowns between the Harts and the Bulldogs, the Harts & the Bees, Demolition showing their potential to dominate, the Islanders showing their toughness, and the Young Stallions taking a terrific pounding throughout the match. Disappointing we didn't see more of Strike Force though and the Rougeaus. Also kind of weird that despite great performances here, the Islanders, Bees & Stallions didn't get more of a push following the bout. The match itself though completely stole the show. ****1/2 out of ***** stars for this classic.

Hulk Hogan's Team: (Hulk Hogan, Bam Bam Bigelow, "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff, Ken Patera, & Don "The Rock" Muraco) vs. Andre the Giant's Team: (Andre the Giant, The One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy, Ravishing Rick Rude, & "The Natural" Butch Reed [w/managers Bobby Heenan & Slick])

This match was kind of disappointing as it kind of was billed as a potential showdown between Hogan & Andre and we only ever actually get a few minutes of that here. Also all the huge guys on Andre's team made the match kind of slow and plodding at times. Still early on there was some nice energy from Hogan's team with Patera, Orndorff, & Muraco all getting in some moments. Bigelow would prove somewhat impressive in the end. Rude worked a lot of the match for Andre's team early on until he got eliminated. Not as good a match as it might appear on paper but still something of an unique spectacle in the time and when will we ever see a team as large as Andre's ever again? The match I'd give a ***1/2 out of ***** stars as it did have some good energy early on and did build towards another Hogan-Andre showdown.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:25:38 PM by JaseSF » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1702 on: November 07, 2014, 08:00:16 PM »

Shawn Michaels tribute
WWE Desire - Shawn Michaels Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1703 on: November 08, 2014, 07:36:04 PM »

History of the WWF dating from the '70s until around 2001.
WWF: Desire (Lonely Road Of Faith) [feat. Kid Rock]

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1704 on: November 10, 2014, 01:40:45 AM »

Too bad 2001 is the last time WWE felt like must watch TV viewing. Something was lost when WCW and ECW went under. WWE became a stale product, more watered down, more PG, more corporate, more wussified. Not saying there haven't been a few exceptions (Punk, Lesnar, Bryan, Orton, Del Rio, HHH, RVD, Edge, Jericho, Angle) but the edge has been taken off, especially since they went PG and put John Cena firmly in place as the face of the company, rewarding a guy who can't wrestle, who hasn't improved, who lacks charisma, who talks like he's reading from a teleprompter all the time or just sucks up to the audience. Cena is like Lex Luger only less talented in-ring. He's no replacement for Austin or the Rock..two guys the WWE have never been able to truly replace as top draws so they try and try and try to make fans so use to Cena they'll just be use to him even though he sucks and always has and probably always will. Michael Cole is an horrendous announcer, a prime example of everything wrong with WWE today. He comes across as a wussy wimp who probably would be more at home on some creepy game show. What happened? They went with "sports entertainment" and forgot wrestling. Jim Ross was a pro wrestling announcer, CM Punk was a pro wrestler. The Bunny is sports entertainment. Adam Rose is sports entertainment. Michael Cole is sports entertainment. Sports entertainment comes across as being for pansies. Pro wrestling comes across as being for guys who like things like UFC, boxing, actual sports. Sports entertainment is embarrassing to watch. Believe it or not, pro wrestling was cool especially in the 80s and late 90s because guys like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, the Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, Stone Cold Steve Austin, the Rock seemed like legit bad asses who could probably really rip guys up whether they were or not.  These guys seemed like men. Even your guys who acted effeminate back then like Adrian Street were legit bad asses who could really kick butt because they had to be that to live that gimmick back then. WWE is in trouble today because fans are not convinced by anything John Cena does. He reeks of phony. Brock Lesnar should be champion as he's far more convincing and they should pay him the money to be in that spot. Cena should get destroyed by Lesnar. CM Punk and Jim Ross should still read "is" instead of "was" above. WWE today is often embarrassing to watch. In the 80s and late 90s, it was the "in" thing to watch. It's been so wussified and watered down since then (no blood, PG, overprotecting guys, burying guys) I really wonder if it'll ever be "in" again.

cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1705 on: November 10, 2014, 01:24:52 PM »

Too bad 2001 is the last time WWE felt like must watch TV viewing. Something was lost when WCW and ECW went under. WWE became a stale product, more watered down, more PG, more corporate, more wussified. Not saying there haven't been a few exceptions (Punk, Lesnar, Bryan, Orton, Del Rio, HHH, RVD, Edge, Jericho, Angle) but the edge has been taken off, especially since they went PG and put John Cena firmly in place as the face of the company, rewarding a guy who can't wrestle, who hasn't improved, who lacks charisma, who talks like he's reading from a teleprompter all the time or just sucks up to the audience. Cena is like Lex Luger only less talented in-ring. He's no replacement for Austin or the Rock..two guys the WWE have never been able to truly replace as top draws so they try and try and try to make fans so use to Cena they'll just be use to him even though he sucks and always has and probably always will. Michael Cole is an horrendous announcer, a prime example of everything wrong with WWE today. He comes across as a wussy wimp who probably would be more at home on some creepy game show. What happened? They went with "sports entertainment" and forgot wrestling. Jim Ross was a pro wrestling announcer, CM Punk was a pro wrestler. The Bunny is sports entertainment. Adam Rose is sports entertainment. Michael Cole is sports entertainment. Sports entertainment comes across as being for pansies. Pro wrestling comes across as being for guys who like things like UFC, boxing, actual sports. Sports entertainment is embarrassing to watch. Believe it or not, pro wrestling was cool especially in the 80s and late 90s because guys like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, the Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, Stone Cold Steve Austin, the Rock seemed like legit bad asses who could probably really rip guys up whether they were or not.  These guys seemed like men. Even your guys who acted effeminate back then like Adrian Street were legit bad asses who could really kick butt because they had to be that to live that gimmick back then. WWE is in trouble today because fans are not convinced by anything John Cena does. He reeks of phony. Brock Lesnar should be champion as he's far more convincing and they should pay him the money to be in that spot. Cena should get destroyed by Lesnar. CM Punk and Jim Ross should still read "is" instead of "was" above. WWE today is often embarrassing to watch. In the 80s and late 90s, it was the "in" thing to watch. It's been so wussified and watered down since then (no blood, PG, overprotecting guys, burying guys) I really wonder if it'll ever be "in" again.

There's no "real" competition for WWE like WCW was in the mid/late 90s. Sure, there's TNA but they're more concerned with potshots at WWE and buying more title belts over paying their employees or booking a decent show. ROH? Excellent ring work, but they're far too obscure for the "average" wrestling fan. Jarrett's GFW, hopefully, won't make the same mistakes that WCW and TNA made - WWE needs healthy, "real" competition to bring out the best in both it and competitor.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1706 on: November 10, 2014, 06:21:32 PM »

TNA has had some really good wrestling shows on their weekly Impact Wrestling show for the last several months IMO. I think they are far, far better in terms of telling an in-ring wrestling story than WWE has been in years. Sadly no one knows about TNA being so good because their marketing (lack of advertising - they really need to put more money in advertising) is horrible. I'm recommending them though and I've even picked up a few of their shirts hoping to throw some support their way. Bobby Roode is now their champ again with Lashley hoping to regain his title, MVP is in that mix too. I really wish TNA had Jim Ross as their announcer though or could get someone like Punk because that would really send the shockwaves through the wrestling world and would stir things up big time.  

WWE though is in trouble....they have been losing money on the Network which hasn't been the success they were hoping for...

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1707 on: November 10, 2014, 07:34:49 PM »

I know I posted  some of this before but damn this is still cool....and old school.

Pro Wrestling Tribute: Reach Down Small | Large

All Japan Pro Wrestling Tribute Video Small | Large

Pro-Wrestling on the Pacific Coast Small | Large

Pro-Wrestling in Georgia & The Mid-Atlantic II Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1708 on: November 10, 2014, 07:52:28 PM »

First off, the WWE had some good stuff in 2003-2005.  SmackDown was a great show with a great roster who had great matches, all written by Paul Heyman. 

Cole, in and of himself, isn't the issue.  It's Vince McMahon.  Vince literally is on the mic telling Cole what to say every week.  That's why they 're-assigned' Joey Styles.  Styles was a WRESTLING announcer.  Cole is a "Sports-entertainer guy" who can 'sports entertain."

Cena himself isn't the issue.  The man has had great matches and puts in effort.  He HAS charisma.  It's just that he primarily appeals to FAMILIES which is their CURRENT target audience.  So he has to appeal to wives/kids/etc. in order to make money for the company.  Personally, I'd LOVE it if he turned heel.  But they won't do that.  Too much money is being made by him right now in order to do that.  It's not like he's sitting in meetings going "You know, Vince, it'd be great if I buried Bray Wyatt this week."  It's all VINCE.  He wants to ENTERTAIN, not promote Wrestling.  He hates Wrestling. 

I'm pretty sure once HHH gets to run things, you'll see a change.  Look at NXT.  That's HHH's baby.  Look at who he's signed.  Cesaro.  Ambrose.  Rollins.  Sami Zayn.  Kevin Steen.  KENTA.  Things will get better. 

I don't wholly disagree with you.  I feel the same way at times.  In other moments, I just buck it up and watch because I enjoy it all.  WWE has always been about entertainment.  It was in the same boat in the early '90s with guys like Mantaur, Isaac Yankem, Bob "Sparkplug" Holly, etc. 

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1709 on: November 10, 2014, 08:32:42 PM »

At least in the early 90s, we got a great wrestler like Bret Hart as champion. Plus there was Shawn Michaels, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, etc. Cena really isn't a very good wrestler...watch him wrestle. His attempts at new moves are pathetic. He just does the same old routine week after week. His attempt at a perfect plex is laughable. His dropkicks are off. His punches look weak. He just comes across as phony in every way possible. All he does it suck up to the fans and name guys the fans really do like (Ziggler, Bryan) to get himself over because aside from little kids, no one really likes the guy. He is not charismatic, there's nothing natural about the guy, he's nowhere near the Rock or Austin or Hogan or Savage in their heyday.  I really believe WWE would be better if they fired Cena. If he were gone, then the product would have to improve. Honestly in the 80s and 90s, Cena would have been a mid-carder at best....No, I take that back, I don't think back then he would have even made it to TV because he's so poor in-ring.

John Cena Worst Dropkicks Ever ! Small | Large
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:50:13 PM by JaseSF » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.