Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:53:27 AM
714466 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 746051 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1845 on: February 12, 2015, 07:48:44 PM »

Kevin Owens.  Sami Zayn.  These guys are the real deal.  They need to be on the main roster. 
NXT Champion Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens tell their history

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1846 on: February 12, 2015, 08:49:03 PM »

WWE's Sami Zayn.  I can't wait to see him on Raw or SmackDown.
Top 25 Moves of El Generico / Sami Zayn

VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1847 on: February 12, 2015, 09:03:56 PM »

Sycho Sid & Undertaker Square Off 04/01/1989 Memphis Small | Large

Sid was in GREAT shape here!

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1848 on: February 12, 2015, 09:59:14 PM »

It's not so much being unable to 'afford' them.  Lesnar wanted a part-time deal and WWE was willing to do it for him cause he's a draw and if he's on a PPV, people will buy.  And he's a relatively mainstream star so the media does stories on him.

Sting's 55.  He's in good shape, but at that age doesn't want a fulltime schedule and WWE knows it's a HUGE deal having him there as he's never been there.  It's a small price to pay on WWE's end and easy money on Sting's end.  

I see no way today's WWE outbids the UFC in a bidding war for Lesnar assuming Lesnar wants to return to MMA. Sting I think might end up sticking around, appearing sporadically, till perhaps next year...suspect it might be Sting-Taker next year in a finale farewell for both in Texas. Fake Sting was apparently Heath Slater.

I'm not looking forward to Zayn, Owens or any other star leaving NXT unless WWE gets better booking (hopefully Vince soon retires but I suspect he might be there 10 more years yet assuming they even survive that long). They'd probably turn Owens into a cross dressing disco dancer or something and Zayn into a surfer or French foreigner. They don't IMO build any new stars these days in the E. They only focus on the top of the card roster, the undercards and mid-cards are always thrown together nowadays so they fail to develop any guys above bare-bones caricatures in today's WWE. It all feels thrown together and most of the undercard roster just seems instantly interchangeable and an awful lot of them are rather forgettable. Then they'll just throw a guy who's not really developed as a character yet at the top of the card...even though he can't talk or properly connect with the audience (Reigns) and they overlook or downplay guys who can (Cesaro, Ambrose, even Bryan to a lesser extent) just because they aren't pretty enough or don't have the right look in their opinion (Vince's opinion).

NXT is better than WWE in every way, shape, and form. Guys going from there to WWE in actuality feels like a downgrade nowadays (even if the money is better, do you really think they'll do right by guys who don't have the Cena or Reigns look?).

Raven (formerly Scotty the Body, Scotty Flamingo, Johnny Polo, Scott Anthony)

Raven Tribute Small | Large

Evolution Of Raven - Tribute Small | Large

Top 100 WCW #44 Raven Small | Large

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
VenomX73

« Reply #1849 on: February 13, 2015, 10:45:56 AM »

ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW!

I miss the GOOD old days.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1850 on: February 13, 2015, 06:12:04 PM »

Wrestling was cool in the 1980s and 1990s. It's not cool anymore. All the edge of the 1990s is gone, all the fun of the 1980s is gone. I keep hoping it'll get better but I don't think it will with WWE until Vince steps down. Now if it were Shane or Triple H (if NXT is any indication) in charge, it might be better. Still watching wrestling today feels like something only a small segment of people do anymore (the fan base has lessened greatly since the 1990s and even more so since the 1980s), it's not "in" anymore like it once was. Personally I do prefer stuff such as TNA, Lucha Underground, New Japan, ROH, and other independents but none of it compares to the cool and fun, unpredictable and wild wrestling of the 1980s and 1990s.

Triple H (before he became part of the Borethority)

Triple H Tribute - Cerebal Assassin Small | Large

"The Game" Triple H Tribute - Adrenaline Small | Large

Triple H Tribute - Always Small | Large

cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1851 on: February 13, 2015, 11:26:42 PM »

Not -all- of WWE has become like you've said - NXT is probably the best stuff I've seen out of WWE in years, and I've been to Wrestlemania, even. As for main product being "bleh", that's why I like the games, like I've said before - you can basically book your own rosters and shows with Universe, etc.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1852 on: February 13, 2015, 11:32:29 PM »

The main roster has talent.

They're just not booked properly.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1853 on: February 14, 2015, 06:45:56 PM »

Got to give some credit where it's due. I actually taped and watched Smackdown this week and I saw the best booked main event so far this year from WWE that wasn't NXT. If you can, check out the tag team turmoil main event from Smackdown featuring Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns...it was actually good and well booked. Best WWE (non-NXT) TV show main event so far this year IMO.

Gorgeous George (a groundbreaking original) - "the Toast of the Coast", "the Human Orchid"

The incomparable Gorgeous George Small | Large

2010 WWE Hall of Fame Inductee: Gorgeous George

Gorgeous George Wrestler (1948) Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1854 on: February 14, 2015, 07:34:33 PM »

Former ECW, TNA and WWE superstar just returned to the WWE.  Debuting on NXT.  I kid you not.

VenomX73

« Reply #1855 on: February 14, 2015, 07:37:15 PM »

Rhino? That is funny... I posted a photo of him yesterday.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1856 on: February 14, 2015, 07:40:30 PM »

Eddie Guerrero.  It'll be ten years in October, I believe, since he passed.
Eddie Guerrero Tribute

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1857 on: February 14, 2015, 07:42:50 PM »

Rhino? That is funny... I posted a photo of him yesterday.
That picture reminded me of it, but I didn't get to post much last night.

I heard he's supposed to be some kinda trainer working with the younger guys.  Him and Brian Kendrick.  Although, they want some 'established veterans' there as NXT is going on the road, and not just staying in Florida.  So having 'name' guys like a Rhino or a Brian Kendrick is hopefully going to draw fans that may not have come out for NXT.

VenomX73

« Reply #1858 on: February 15, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »

Funny WCW Moments from the 90's Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1859 on: February 17, 2015, 01:35:41 AM »

I know why I'm losing interest in WWE these days and really have been for a while now. I'm incredibly bored by the following and no longer want to see at all: Kane, The Big Show, John Cena, the Bellas, Jack Swagger. I don't care about R-Truth, Zack Ryder, or Heath Slater although I suppose they have their place as enhancement guys which is what they are. I hate/am incredibly bored with the following characters: Adam Rose, Stardust, Mizdow, New Day, Fandango, the Ascension. I'd rather see a complete turn to opposite for Rose and bring back an ultra-serious Leo Kruger character. I'd rather see Cody & Dustin Rhodes with their father as manager by this point than ever see Stardust and Goldust ever again. I'd rather see the return of Damien Sandow. I'd rather see a more serious bad-ass Big E, a Kofi Kingston with some edge. I'd rather see Johnny Curtis. The Ascension suck in every way so them being gone would only be a plus. 

While many of those I named above feel boring and lackluster, there's potential in guys like Ambrose, Rollins, Wyatt, Barrett, Cesaro, Kidd, Axel, Sandow, Harper, Rowan, Ziggler, Kingston, Big E, even Reigns. The powers that be only seem worried about helping Reigns shine though, none of the rest of those many talented performers. They have established top guys in Bryan, Triple H, Orton, Jericho,Sheamus, Henry & Lesnar. These guys should be used to build these new talents up. There's great potential in NXT guys like Zayn, Balor, Owens, Neville, Corbin, and Kenta. If they got rid of the dead weight, I think many of these guys could fill the void. Rowan and Harper should be getting built as the next monsters, not getting buried in favor of Kane & Big Show.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers

"Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers tribute Small | Large

Buddy Rogers vs Killer Kowalski 3/3 Golden Age Wrestling 1960s Small | Large

Lou Albano in Roger's Corner Small | Large

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.