Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:03:08 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 736567 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2070 on: June 23, 2016, 01:59:47 PM »

Seth Rollins will be in Sharknado 4   TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

http://www.wwe.com/article/seth-rollins-sharknado-4

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2071 on: June 27, 2016, 08:14:45 PM »

I recall how surprised I was by this back in the 1980s but how well it all seemed to work afterwards...

Small | Large

Just some more examples of how good and unpredictable JCP could be in the 80s...

Small | Large

Small | Large

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AoTFan

« Reply #2072 on: July 24, 2016, 11:42:29 PM »

the sense of fun just isn't there for me.

I agree.
Pro wrestling is still ok to watch every now & then, but there seems to be something missing.

might be just (gasp!) growing up and getting older.  Some things just lose their shine after awhile.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2073 on: August 30, 2016, 10:31:15 AM »

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2074 on: August 30, 2016, 09:17:59 PM »

Sooo, the Headbangers made a sudden return to SmackDown Live tonight. BounceGiggle

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2075 on: October 16, 2016, 05:51:57 PM »

so I discovered something weird

AJ Styles WWE theme

! No longer available Small | Large

synchs up perfectly with this gif

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2076 on: October 16, 2016, 06:30:55 PM »

Chris Jericho has been fantastic this last run.
Small | Large

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2077 on: October 30, 2016, 02:46:49 PM »

! No longer available Small | Large
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:05:12 AM by bob » Logged

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2078 on: October 30, 2016, 05:33:37 PM »

The Hardys manage to outdo every WWE Halloween segment ever in a couple of skits on Impact IMO...

Small | Large

Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2079 on: October 30, 2016, 05:35:57 PM »

James Ellsworth, jobber.  I just bought his t-shirt.
Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2080 on: October 30, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »

Tom Stone was much better. And Reno Riggins. Barry Horowitz. Barry Hardy. Duane Gill. Jake "The Milkman" Milliman...etc.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2081 on: October 30, 2016, 07:25:51 PM »

Tom Stone was much better. And Reno Riggins. Barry Horowitz. Barry Hardy. Duane Gill. Jake "The Milkman" Milliman...etc.
I don't even know who Tom Stone is.

Ellsworth is likable and only doing what he's booked to do.  It works.  He's over.  They literally chanted his name like they do for Goldberg.  It's good to kick back and enjoy the show.

I think it's cool they even put out a shirt for a guy who's not even a CONTRACTED performer.  He doesn't have a deal.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 07:28:11 PM by HappyGilmore » Logged

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2082 on: October 30, 2016, 09:13:28 PM »

Tom "Rocky" Stone was a mainstay on AWA wrestling shows in the 80s, he even had matches with world champions like Nick Bockwinkel back in the day. He was fairly solid in-ring in some ways even though I don't recall him ever winning.

Honestly I have never seen this Ellsworth guy as I no longer watch WWE at all anymore. I've just heard heard he's a no talent without a chin. To me, its turned into completely boring predictable PC tripe that has lost all its edge. Too bad considering they have some truly talented performers not that they know what to do with them...only a matter of time before the E starts making these guys look weak by having them lose to guys much less talented like Kane, Cena, Big Show et al. This guys apparently upsetting Styles is ridiculous and makes AJ look much weaker than he ever should considering he's actually arguably the best talent they have.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:17:23 PM by JaseSF » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2083 on: October 30, 2016, 10:57:57 PM »

Tom "Rocky" Stone was a mainstay on AWA wrestling shows in the 80s, he even had matches with world champions like Nick Bockwinkel back in the day. He was fairly solid in-ring in some ways even though I don't recall him ever winning.

Honestly I have never seen this Ellsworth guy as I no longer watch WWE at all anymore. I've just heard heard he's a no talent without a chin. To me, its turned into completely boring predictable PC tripe that has lost all its edge. Too bad considering they have some truly talented performers not that they know what to do with them...only a matter of time before the E starts making these guys look weak by having them lose to guys much less talented like Kane, Cena, Big Show et al. This guys apparently upsetting Styles is ridiculous and makes AJ look much weaker than he ever should considering he's actually arguably the best talent they have.
They haven't used Kane or Show or Cena in months. Kane and Show do more backstage. Cena puts on decent matches but has a Hollywood career of sorts.

Ellsworth is a fun gimmick jobber. Mostly fodder for the AJ/Dean Ambrose feud. Aj is their top heel. He can work a broom and do a good match. They're booking aj right.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2084 on: October 31, 2016, 08:19:27 PM »

Well I heard AJ's the champ (maybe they finally got over their lameness with regards to not pushing guys who were already established elsewhere thing) there now which is good although he should be their top babyface instead of heel IMO. Last time I watched it the show was just so completely boring and predictable, the wrestling so watered down with short forgettable matches, I could no longer enjoy it on any level unless you count it p**sing me off. Pushing Roman Reigns as unstoppable (the guy's a bum), Cena as unbeatable hero (another bum), ignoring great talent like Cesaro, etc. Too many dumb goofy gimmicks to appeal to an emasculated society, that stuff is weak and it ain't for me.

Lucha Underground, TNA Impact Wrestling, New Japan are miles better with better booking, better in-ring storytelling, better feuds/rivalries, better wrestling on average, where they take the time to film backstage stuff, etc. LU and TNA are much better at doing this now, their vignettes are better too.

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.