Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:48:50 AM
714431 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 745452 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2160 on: November 03, 2023, 12:26:58 PM »

The story I heard is that Punk physically laid, or attempted to lay hands on Khan (depending on what source you listen to). Everyone does seem to agree though that the attempt was at least made. On his way out he knocked over a stack of monitors which then came close to injuring Tony, crashing into the ground beside him.

When Punk was just wrestling once a month, he seemed to be loving it. The reports of problems only came out after he became more of a full time fixture. Perhaps that would be the secret to using him successfully?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2161 on: November 08, 2023, 02:09:36 PM »

Punk should only wrestle like 3-4 matches a year. Like a Brock Lesnar type schedule. Let him do promos on a few lead-up Raws or something. Best way to use him.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2162 on: November 14, 2023, 08:53:11 AM »

Strange that on the 18th anniversary of Eddie Guerrero’s death, he should be trending on twatter (my new name for X). I guess that shows how popular a performer he really was.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2163 on: November 21, 2023, 09:32:03 AM »

Eddie Guerrero was incredibly talented. He had great matches in Japan, Mexico and ECW/WCW but wasn't given a full platform to talk until WWE. They really let him go and show what he could do.

I've had my own vices and addictions over the years, and it hit me hard when he died. He was finally clean and sober, but the tear on his body was there. Plus being on the road so much, just a matter of time. I'm gonna be 40 soon, and it freaks me out that he was only like 38 when he passed. Makes me wonder about my own life.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2164 on: November 21, 2023, 09:34:26 AM »

Eddie Guerrero
Small | Large

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2165 on: November 21, 2023, 11:05:38 AM »

AEW has been running a storyline where someone has stolen the world champion's (MJF) mask and is attacking people while wearing it. Then again, WWE have said Punk won't be at Survivor Series, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him there, or the Royal Rumble.

Honestly, part of me would not be surprised if it were to turn out to be Punk and everything was all a work. After the MJF walkout storyline (which was him taking time off to be in the Von Erich movie).

The cause of Eddie's death may have been exacerbated by his drug use, but my (limited) understanding of the cause of his heart failure wasn't totally down to that. It is a condition someone can have for a long time without ever showing any symptoms. Still, if you are worried speak to your doctor about getting a physical check-up. It can't hurt and might help put your mind at ease.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2166 on: November 26, 2023, 03:32:17 AM »

So. CM Punk returns to WWE at Survivor Series.  TeddyR Cheers

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2167 on: November 26, 2023, 03:56:52 AM »

I hope this run goes well for all involved.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2168 on: November 26, 2023, 07:23:00 PM »

proof that if you choke out a co-worker and are a draw you will undeservedly get an unwarranted opportunity

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2169 on: November 26, 2023, 09:36:54 PM »

To be fair, Perry is kind of a jerk and deserved any action that was done to him. He kinda did instigate it.

But I'm just...happy to see Punk back. It's a good thing for the business.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2170 on: November 26, 2023, 09:40:23 PM »

Granted, violence against co-workers is bad. Considering THE ELITE barging in Punk's locker room, assaulting him, and injuring his dog is just looked as a good thing by AEW fans, you still don't do that. They're adults. Punk too. He shouldn't just attack Perry.

He's not wrong saying it's "run like a Target."

I honestly feel this run will be good.

Regardless of anyone's opinion's on Punk as a person, he is a draw, he can talk, he can work, and is a star. He brings viewers, some from mainstream audiences. Jungle Boy does not do that. He can have his 'real glass' and go destroy his body.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2171 on: November 27, 2023, 02:53:09 PM »

From what I heard, yes The Elite stormed into Punk's room, but it was he who got physical and the dog being injured was an accident. I doubt we will ever be able to tell what is the real truth unless someone stands up and says "Yeah it was all my fault."

I hope he has a run and doesn't get caught up in drama he seems to regularly cause. Honestly, from what I saw of his matches in AEW I mean they seemed ok, nothing special. He was decent on the mike, but nothing special. Then again not really having seen him before I didn't have any nostalgia to look back on. I dunno, I've just not been able to see anything special about Punk, but hey as long as other people do then that's fine.

I disagree that Perry instigated it though. When Perry first suggested the spot, Punk went apes**t on him rather than talking about it and suggesting doing something else and that is what led to him then making his comment about the glass. The fact that Punk went straight from a snarky comment to starting a fight does make me a bit more inclined to believe the Elite's side of the fight than Punk's though. He's just came off as a spoiled man child who can't control himself, which also kind of makes me rethink my opinion on other things he'd been involved in previously and doubt his opinion on well anything. Given he went from that fight, to then attempting to assault another man who had nothing to do with the situation... yeah Punk isn't making himself look good. It isn't like something super offensive was said to him, just one snarky comment and he flies completely off the handle.

Doesn't really matter though to me. I'm not watching WWE just now for other reasons and Punk being there or not wouldn't be enough to either get me to watch it, or if I was to put me off watching it equally. I thought his run in AEW was on the verge of going places and being good when everything started blowing up, so I guess that will always be a what if... situation. Since that didn't happen I'll have to stick to finding him curiously overrated and strictly mid.

I do wish him all the best for his WWE run. It will be interesting to see where he is in a year or two years. I did see something about a WWE employee being threatened by him, but I didn't read the whole article, just the headline.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2172 on: December 18, 2023, 05:37:21 PM »

By all accounts, Punk was a producer in AEW and vetoed the glass spot. Perry did it anyway, stating "real glass, cry me a river" and then confronted punk before his match.

Punk shouldn't have hit him.

Also when 3 guys are your bosses they shouldn't just barge into your locker room in a confrontational style.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2173 on: December 18, 2023, 05:39:35 PM »

Punk in WWE is all roses so far.

Friendly, going to NXT and giving advice. Talking to everyone

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2174 on: December 18, 2023, 07:29:04 PM »

Ok, so it sounds like you've not heard the full story on the Jack Perry incident.

Perry had wanted to do a glass spot on their Saturday show where Punk was a producer and Punk flew into a rage, accusing Perry of deliberately trying to get himself injured in order to get out of working something Punk wanted him to do. Perry simply moved the spot to the live event where Punk wasn't a producer and had no power. I'd agree that Punk had the right to be angry with Perry, just as The Elite had the right to be p**sed with Punk, but getting physical over it? He could have given him a chewing out, booked him to lose matches for a while. Then again as I'll mention below that would have had the opposite effect from what Punk really wanted (see below).

Punk went into business for himself during the press scrum and slagged them off. You really think anyone isn't going to get confrontational about being trashed like that in public? In what world would it not to come like that as a response? It wasn't the best way to react to it, I agree but when I was an NCO and I'd heard one of my juniors talking about me that way, I would have confronted them aggressively. If I'd spoken that way about one of my bosses publicly and they'd seen/heard it, I'd have expected them to treat me the same way. I might not have thrown a punch, or I might have said it you really have a problem let's book out the boxing ring and settle it in there, but to expect this not to generate an aggressive response is just naive. Every interview I'd read with Punk before this, he'd went on about how great it was being in AEW and then suddenly bam! He hated it as far as I could see it was an overnight change. Then again I wasn't reading all the stuff he was doing, so I might have missed something.

Sorry, but if in both these cases Punk was the one started trouble. Neither situation would have went down they way they did had he not acted the way he did. Then again that also seems to be exactly what Punk was going for.

Other revelations make it apparent that Punk was doing all of this to get fired. It seems that right up to the day before he signed with AEW, he was trying to get WWE to take him back and that all the trouble he's been involved in was simply him deciding he'd proven he still had enough star power to be worth WWE take him back, and getting himself fired deliberately. There are some rumours that he was trying to negotiate with WWE during his entire AEW run. I've not seen any strong enough sources on that one though to

Word is also that he has a good behaviour clause in his contract, but that is just a rumour as far as I know. Given his history and the other stories that have been emerging about his threatening behaviour to WWE employees in his previous run, as well as to journalists, not to mention all the trouble he instigated in AEW that would seem to make sense.

I get that you are a Punk fan and all. You might not care about the trouble he's caused and that's fine, but he does seem to have caused it in order to further his own aims. If you want to believe that isn't the case, fine. Wrestling is better with kayfabe and this has just been a huge work by Punk. I still hope he improves WWE 's product. The last time I watched it, I saw the first night of the first two night Wrestlemania and was so bored I passed on the second night. Having a competitor certainly helped wrestling before giving us the Monday night wars, the Attitude era etc and I'd like to see that happen again. The matches I've seen with Punk I'd rate as solid 3 stars. Entertaining, but no more or less than anyone else and certainly nothing overly memorable. He only did one match I can really remember and that was against Wardlow. I can't imagine him putting on a match now that would get me to watch them again, but if he does then fair enough.

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.