Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:54:00 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 736534 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #945 on: December 27, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »

As good as Kofi is, I still can't see him as WWE Champion quite yet. Still I'd take him over them putting the title predictably back on Orton and/or Cena yet again.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #946 on: December 30, 2012, 08:12:02 AM »

THQ went under. They owe WWE 45 million dollars. That's a lot of pennies.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/thq-owes-wwe-45-million-chairman-vince-mcmahon-reportedly-furious

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #947 on: January 01, 2013, 09:22:56 AM »

CM Punk is the first WWE superstar since 1987 to hold a world title for an entire actual year. First since Hulk Hogan did it for the entirety of 1985, '86 and '87.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #948 on: January 28, 2013, 12:56:54 AM »

The longest reign in 25 years and a part timer, who worked 2 hours the last 2 years, ends it with a f**king elbow drop and no new star benefits from beating Punk #fail

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #949 on: January 28, 2013, 08:34:37 PM »

But...the 'publicity' from having a Hollywood star trot around the belt to his next late night interview or red carpet is worth it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #950 on: January 29, 2013, 09:20:42 PM »

The Rumble was so predictable. Rock - Cena II - honestly, it's just lame by this point. Cena's  current act is so tiresome similar to the way Hogan was getting circa the mid-90s. Rock is just the same old schtick too. Punk, who has worked very hard has been made to look unfairly weak. What happened to the clean wins he scored over John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Kane, Rey Mysterio  and many others? It's all forgotten nowadays. Still they could salvage things if it turns out Punk really didn't know what Heyman was up to. The other obviously predictable Wrestlemania set-up is Brock-HHH II. Hmm no original matches at Mania..sounds lame. So who's to face Taker this year?

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #951 on: January 29, 2013, 11:34:49 PM »

So who's to face Taker this year?

If I had to guess maybe Punk

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #952 on: January 30, 2013, 01:41:46 AM »

That's IF 'Taker has one this year.

And, honestly, I wouldn't want Punk to face him. It's a given whoever faces him will lose, but at least in the cases of HBK & HHH, there was a slight possibility they'd win.

I heard there's a chance Undertaker takes off this year.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #953 on: January 30, 2013, 06:07:42 PM »

Triple H hinted at the Slammys that we haven't seen the last of Undertaker so I'd be surprised if he didn't turn up...Chris Jericho might be an interesting choice to face Taker. I'm kind of hoping for some kind of CM Punk vs. The Shield match myself but of course that might never happen. CM Punk vs. Big Show might make an interesting match for Wrestlemania too. Honestly, what babyfaces are left for him to face? If Punk does take on Taker, he'd lose but I suspect it would be interesting and entertaining.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #954 on: January 30, 2013, 07:04:54 PM »

From the looks of what happened at the Rumble, Jericho will be resuming his feud with Ziggler.

If 'Taker is at 'Mania, best bets are matches with Punk and/or Lesnar. Or some kind of tag match: HHH & 'Taker vs. Lesnar & Punk.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #955 on: February 04, 2013, 11:12:59 PM »

Actually that would be awesome.

Watching Raw tonight, I'm completely stunned with Bruno Sammartino actually going into the WWE Hall of Fame. Never thought that would happen while he was alive....granted he really belongs in there big time and his going in gives the WWE Hall of Fame more credibility than it's ever had before.

What a fantastic match between Punk and Jericho on Raw tonight. Easily the best match so far this year.

Love the new direction for Jack Swagger and hints at a return to heeldom for Daniel Bryan. Really wish they wouldn't job out the great Antonio Cesaro and Wade Barrett though. Love watching those guys..they still give it their all night after night. Mark Henry looked awesome in his return too.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:15:00 PM by JaseSF » Logged

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #956 on: February 05, 2013, 12:08:39 AM »

The WWE Champion never showed up last night not counting commercials for Rock's movies. This is just one of many reasons I thought it would be incredibly dumb to give him the belt since he's too busy to make every show.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #957 on: February 05, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »

It makes sense though, business wise. He's on tv in commercials, doing interviews for his films and the like and can promote the WWE as well, putting over the roster in the process.

Titles mean nothing anyway.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #958 on: February 18, 2013, 12:08:09 AM »

Punk isn't going to get his win back from Rock is he?

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #959 on: February 18, 2013, 04:52:12 PM »

I don't see Punk getting his win back from Rock.

Unless he inserts himself in the title match at 'Mania and it's a three way elimination, but I don't see it happening.

I don't see Undertaker being at 'Mania this year unless he comes back tonight. He's had surgery recently. I think he wants to go out big at a 'Mania. If anything, take some time off this year, and come back next year. Next year is WrestleMania 30. Have him win and go in the HOF the same weekend.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.