Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:28:44 AM
714561 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 146
Author Topic: World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)  (Read 747243 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1650 on: October 09, 2014, 09:04:41 PM »

TNA Impact Wrestling was pretty awesome this week again. So many hard-hitting stiff shots in the matches with the wrestlers really putting their bodies on the line. Just a breakdown of the matches:

Angelina Love (w/Velvet Skye) vs. Madison Rayne vs. Taryn Terrell (pretty solid Knockouts match if a bit short. Still some good spots and an entertaining triple threat match) *** out of ***** stars

"Cowboy" James Storm & The Great Sanada (w/Mannik) vs. Low-Ki & Tigre Uno (actually proves better than I expected with some great standout spots for all the performers. Low-Ki and Storm actually looked the best in this one and I enjoyed their interaction. Some stiff looking shots from Low-Ki on Storm. Sanada vs. Low-Ki probably would have been a better match though. Just can't seem to really care about Tigre Uno even though he puts forth a good effort. *** out of ***** sttars

Samuel Shaw vs. Bram (Hardcore Match) Some brutal chair shots and spots in this one with Shaw really looking like he had his lights knocked out. Not the best of its type I've seen but I was impressed with the stiff-looking chair stuff. **1/2 out of ***** stars.

Booby Roode vs. Kenny King & MVP (Handicap Match): Was slightly disappointed by this one although King had some good moments here including some nice suplexes. Disappointing finish with Lashley running in. **1/2 out of ***** stars

Matt & Jeff Hardy vs. Team 3D vs. The Wolves (Full Metal Mayhem): Incredible spots in this match involving tables, ladders, chairs, guardrails including some stuff I've rarely seen before which is hard to do after all the matches we've seen these teams in before. Jeff did something crazy as one expects I guess putting himself through an upside down placed table. Davey Richards took a brutal looking powerbomb from Bully onto a guardrail. D-Von  and Bully both went through tables and there was a memorable spot with Jeff flying off a huge ladder to the outside falling on top of Bully and two tables which Bully was laying across. Really an awesome match although perhaps not quite as good as their previous ladder match. Still fantastic especially considering that the Hardys and Team 3D are still doing this stuff at this point in time. **** out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1651 on: October 09, 2014, 09:53:49 PM »

TNA 9/3/14- HAVOC debuts.

Expecting big things from new TNA Knockouts Champion Havok

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1652 on: October 10, 2014, 06:57:32 PM »

Terry Funk
Terry Funk Tribute Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1653 on: October 10, 2014, 07:02:00 PM »

Lex Luger: Wrestling with the Devil

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1654 on: October 10, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »

Yes! Kane chokeslams Adam Rose!!!  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Now Kane, get that Bunny!!! Hatred Chokeslam him and set him on fire! Man, I hate that Bunny.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1655 on: October 10, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »

I like the Bunny.   TeddyR

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1656 on: October 10, 2014, 09:32:32 PM »

I want to see the Bunny and Adam Rose get pulverized. Otherwise I don't want to see them at all. There's absolutely nothing entertaining about their boring act. It's like Barney the dinosaur on Raw and Smackdown fer cripes sake. I greatly preferred the mercenary gimmick Rose had previously in NXT.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1657 on: October 11, 2014, 08:05:27 PM »

The TNA World Tag Team Title Series between Team 3D, the Hardys, and the Wolves have been the best matches I've seen this year so far...

Full Metal Mayhem: The Wolves vs Team 3D vs The Hardys (Oct 8, 2014)

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1658 on: October 12, 2014, 09:04:17 AM »

I always dug this era of Undertaker.  Thought it was underappreciated.
Undertaker - You're gonna pay titantron Small | Large

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1659 on: October 12, 2014, 02:13:48 PM »

For some reason my mind got thinking about 1980s AWA wrestling last night. Now the AWA was still pretty popular to start the 1980s but by the end of the 1980s and into the early 1990s, it was pretty much dying out. I loved the AWA in the 1980s myself even though Verne Gagne seemed out of touch with the times and didn't realize how to best make use of the great talent he had during the early 1980s (particularly not recognizing the popularity of Hulkamania and not putting the AWA World title on Hogan well aside from Dusty finish type matches, also not realizing that fans wanted to cheer the Road Warriors seeing them as an heel team only). Anyways here are the Top 10 performers in 1980s AWA in my opinion. Now other guys made a mark but just weren't mainstays in the AWA (Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Jesse Ventura, Adrian Adonis, Boris Zhukov, the Freebirds, Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin, Tito Santana, Stan Hansen, Bruiser Brody, Jimmy Snuka), others were legends who had their best days behind them but stayed mainly with the AWA right up to near the end of their careers (The Crusher, Mad Dog Vachon, Baron von Raschke, Ray Stevens, Billy Robinson)

10. Greg Gagne (wasn't sure I should include him as I often found him hard to buy into especially when he was competing against much larger guys like Brody and John Nord, still he had great matches with Curt Hennig, teaming with Brunzell vs. The East-West Connection and other teams.)

9. Sgt. Slaughter (Slaughter jumped to the AWA following his huge rise in popularity after turning babyface and feuding with the Iron Sheik in the WWF. He continued battling foreign heels in the AWA and had memorable wars against Boris Zhukov, Colonel DeBeers, Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie, and Soldat Ustinov. His best AWA matches though IMO were his battles with Larry Zbyszko.)

8. Jerry "The King" Lawler (He's a guy I wasn't sure about including as he's really more a Memphis/CWA guy but he still had great matches in the AWA particularly battling against Nick Bockwinkel,Curt Hennig, and Kerry Von Erich.)

7. Wahoo McDaniel (Wahoo's career was winding down when he was competing in the AWA in the late 1980s but he still had a great series of matches against Curt Hennig and Manny Fernandez. Many years earlier, he had some great battles with Nick Bockwinkel.)

6. The Midnight Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty got their first big break in the AWA where their high-flying moves quickly made them fan favourites. They had some of their greatest tag team wars against Buddy Rose & Doug Somers not to mention later tangling with The Original Midnight Express and Badd Company. Of course they also made their mark in Central States and Memphis before jumping to the WWF in the late 1980s.)

5. Larry Zbyszko (Zbyszko was that heel all the fans loved to jeer and boo. He was really good at stalling and delaying tactics but was actually very talented in ring which made him even more frustrating to watch. He had some great wars with the likes of Sgt. Slaughter, former boxer turned referee Scott LeDoux, Curt Hennig, Jimmy Snuka, and Greg Gagne. He'd later go on the win the AWA World title in 1990 and would have memorable title defenses against the likes of Tom Zenk, Nikita Koloff, Harley Race, and Don Muraco.)

4. Rick Martel (Martel was a very popular babyface champion for the company circa 1984-1985. He had great matches with pretty much everyone in got in the ring with but in particular against Nick Bockwinkel, Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin, and Stan Hansen to whom he'd eventually drop the title. Martel also had a memorable title unification match with NWA World champion Ric Flair. Martel would later jump to the WWF like many other top AWA stars of the 1980s where he'd form a tag team with Tom Zenk and later Tito Santana with whom he'd also teamed in the AWA to wrestle the High Flyers in a memorable match).

3. The Road Warriors (The Road Warriors dominantly burst on to the AWA scene in 1983 quickly capturing the AWA World Tag Team titles from legends Baron von Raschke & the Crusher. They'd go on to have memorable wars with The Fabulous Ones, The Freebirds, and the Long Riders before dropping the titles to Steve Regal & Jimmy Garvin and jumping to the NWA where they starting battling the Russians Ivan & Nikita Koloff.)

2. Curt Hennig: (Hennig proved himself a tremendous talent in the AWA where he came to master his craft following a short WWF stint. First making his mark teaming with his father Larry "The Ax", the Hennigs would actually feud memorably with the Road Warriors. Later he'd team with Greg Gagne & Sgt. Slaughter and would finally win tag team gold teaming with Scott Hall. After dropping the titles to Rose & Somers, he'd move into singles competition and would finally make a mark after gaining a bit of attitude. He'd had a great series of matches with Nick Bockwinkel who he'd eventually defeat for the AWA World title. Hennig would go on to be a great champion having terrific matches with the likes of Wahoo McDaniel, Greg Gagne, and Jerry Lawler to whom he'd drop the title before jumping to the WWF. Heck he even made Kevin Kelly look good in a match with him.)

1. Nick Bockwinkel (Bockwinkel is arguably the most memorable AWA World Champion of the 1980s and had terrific matches and memorable title defenses/wars with all the following: Verne Gagne, Hulk Hogan, Rick Martel, Ric Flair, Jerry Lawler, Greg Gagne, Curt Hennig, Larry Zbsyzko, Wahoo McDaniel, Mad Dog Vachon, Tito Santana, and many more. Memorably paired with Bobby "The Brain" Heenan in the early 1980s, Bockwinkel eventually branched out on his own when Heenan jumped to the WWF in the mid-1980s. Bockwinkel was always a great talker who came off like an intellectual and few were his match inside a wrestling ring and those who got into with him usually came out looking better for it more often than not.)

Road Warriors/L.O.D. Highlights from the AWA Small | Large

The top 50 wrestlers of yesterday and today...#4 - Nick Bockwinkel

AWA Wrestling Small | Large

VenomX73

« Reply #1660 on: October 12, 2014, 05:05:36 PM »

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1661 on: October 12, 2014, 05:25:19 PM »

Haven't watched much AWA.  If any, really, outside of some clips on YouTube. 

Grew up with WWF/WCW/ECW and some smaller promotions here locally like CZW and ROH. 

I think Sgt. Slaughter left the WWF over two disputes.  One involving him asking for a brief vacation, and another over the fact that Sgt. Slaughter was on the G.I. Joe cartoon and they wanted to release a toy of Slaughter, but McMahon was on a national campaign at the time and felt having his then-second biggest babyface have a toy for a competing toyline was bad for business.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1662 on: October 12, 2014, 05:37:38 PM »

If you watch the clips above, you'll see that WWF stole some stuff from the AWA or perhaps it was just that the wrestlers WWF stole brought their stuff along with them...

Yes apparently Slaughter left WWF over G.I. Joe. WWF would try to replace him with Corporal Kirschner but he was no Slaughter.

Larry Zbyszko vs Americas Champion Sgt. Slaughter Small | Large

Sgt. Slaughter Entrance Video

VenomX73

« Reply #1663 on: October 12, 2014, 07:54:54 PM »

FULL-LENGTH MATCH - WCW Saturday Night - American Males vs. Harlem Heat

WCW Halloween Havoc 1991 Promo (Chamber of Horrors Version) Small | Large

VenomX73

« Reply #1664 on: October 13, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 146
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.