Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:33:59 PM
714388 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Just found this site and I love it!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just found this site and I love it!!!  (Read 2285 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: June 12, 2007, 12:06:38 PM »

B Movies have been a guilty pleasure of mine since I was a teenager.  Lookingup  I try to stay away from the really raunchy ones now, but there is nothing like a badly-written, low-budget horror film with an untalented cast to make me break out into torrents of laughter!!!

I have surfed thru some of this forum (not all, that would take a week or more!) over the last couple of days, and I have noticed two of my all-time favorite "Golden Turkey" choices that no one has mentioned, so I thought I would throw them out for consideration by the learned members of this august panel. Twirling

First of all, perhaps the dumbest, funniest, and all around most awful martial arts/fantasy/sci-fi film EVER made, "The Lost Empire."  I'm not sure what year it was made, I first saw it along about 1985 or so and had a copy on VHS for years, until my VCR ate it.  This movie had it all:
- a large female cast whose IQ was smaller than their bra size Buggedout
- a mysterious medallion with supernatural powers Question
- a prison riot and fight at an all-women's penitentary Wink
- the cheesiest dialect of all time  ("I'll murderize ya!" shrieked the severed head of one villain) hot
- a fat bald guy with disappearing and re-appearing bushy eyebrows Question
- and the best line ever, from a ditzy blonde who has just smashed a tarantula that crawled into her bead, revealing that its insides were made of wire and gizmos: "I hate Robot Spiders!!" Question

Trust me, if you haven't seen this one, you need to!

Then there is an incredible gem that is simply the worst movie I have ever seen,
"Ninja Bachelor Party".  Although this film never actually features a bachelor party, its incredibly dumb plot (Charlie, a recovering teenage Robutussin addict,  Question loses his girlfriend to the leader of a local bicycle gang, and goes to Korea to learn to become a Ninja and defeat the evil bicycle gang leader, who also happens to teach the local karate school) is enhanced by the fact that the whole thing is shot with a camcorder by two high school kids, and that they actually dubbed in their own voices for all the characters!  That, and the Korean Ninja Master is an American teenager in a coolie hat with a white cardboard moustache about a foot wide glued to his upper lip.  I LOVE this movie! How it made it into the video stores I will never know. Question

As far as movies that were just honestly painful for me to sit through, my most recent traumatic experience with a mainstream movie would have to be the fashion industry expose, "Ready to Wear", from sometime in the 1990's.  It's painfully bad despite an all-star cast.  And as for Brain Damage Film's "Pony Trouble" (I think that's the title - it might be "A Pony Problem" - it is simply, unspeakably awful.  I needed therapy after that one. Hatred

Looking forward to a long, fun association with this fine forum. Cheers

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 12:26:22 PM »

Haven't seen THE LOST EMPIRE or NINJA BACHELOR PARTY, but I'm sure someone here has seen them. Welcome to the forum IndianaSmith. Have you seen them on DVD anywhere?

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 12:55:32 PM »

No, I only saw them on VHS.  The "Lost Empire" was on a set someone taped for me (along with Deathstalker I and II and Barbarian Queen - perhaps the finest taped collection of B movies in history, but alas, my VCR got hungry one day and *+=*&^%$#$%^&*&**&^$%$#!!! it was gone!).  Ninja Bachelor  Party showed up on VHS in my local Hastings store one day in the early 90's, but when the store reorganized, it disappeared and was never seen again.  I miss that movie! Bluesad

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 01:39:20 PM »

- and the best line ever, from a ditzy blonde who has just smashed a tarantula that crawled into her bead, revealing that its insides were made of wire and gizmos: "I hate Robot Spiders!!" Question

lmao... quality. never seen this film.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 04:29:45 PM »

After reading what I could find about "The Lost Empire" that one has me interested too.  I wonder if it has a limited release, because I believe that you must be in the UK?  Sometimes, films end up with almost a regional release in the US.  Those might be films that were largely available in the UK.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 05:17:07 PM »

Actually, I am in Texas, but when I first saw that movie I was posted overseas at Yokosuka Naval Base, Japan.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Just found this site and I love it!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.