Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:09:51 PM
714490 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WHO FREAKED YOU OUT? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Author Topic: WHO FREAKED YOU OUT?  (Read 51199 times)
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 08:49:57 PM »

i guess he likes more then chicken.

You think it's just a coincidence that the man wore a white suit like that? He wasn't just a chicken frying plantation owner, the man was one of the first pimps to embrace the flashy dress code!

I will believe anything negative about the damn colonel.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 06:48:50 AM »

Buggedout I have a few here:

Angus Scrimm in the original Phantasm
The scary girl (I think her name was Jewel Blanch) in Baffled!
The burying of Hope Lange in Crowhaven Farm
Reggie Nalder as Barlow in Tobe Hooper's Salem's Lot
The creatures in Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark
The TV series The Omega Factor
The human ghosts in Sole Survivor
The TV series Hammer House of Horror
The TV series One Step Beyond
The TV series Armchair Thriller ~ in particular the mini-series Quiet As A Nun in which a Catholic school is haunted by the Black Nun.  Buggedout Just to clarify this ~ the so-called Black Nun is only ever seen when someone is about to die and she / it has no face at all. Buggedout

The biggest freak-out for me? An episode of McCloud called Someone's Out To Get Jenny ~ in which a millionaire apparently dies and people try to frighten his fiancee to death. This really scared me ~ there is a scene (I'm getting gooseflesh now) where she comes into her apartment and she hears "Jenny.........Jenny" over and over. On the wall, she has painted a life size portrait of her fiancee, without a face. While she's looking at it, it comes to life and she screams and runs away. I didn't sleep that night.  Buggedout
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:11:05 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 09:01:45 AM »

Okay, here's a couple more that I'm remiss to recall, but I'll do 'em anyway...

The opening segment to Tales From the Darkside (the series, not the movie) always scared me sh!tless as a kid. It would come on after Saturday Night Live when I was, like, 9 or 10, so it was always 1am. Nobody would bother to stay up late to watch SNL with me, so I always sat through it alone and, for some unknown child self-torturing reason I would refuse to turn on any lights at this time. To be honest, most of the time I'd just fall asleep during SNL and happen to wake up just in time to relegate myself to an hour or so of cowering in my bed, waiting to either be greeted by sleep or the bony hand of Death. The episodes themselves never creeped me out, it was the music and the narrator's voice over the opening that always did it.

Also, despite the fact I was well into my teens by the time this happened, the X-Files episode of the Simpsons spooked me the first time I watched it. I remember it being pitch black outside, the room was lit solely by the glow of the TV, and I had a minor panic when Mr. Burns's alien-like form made it's first appearance, hovering out of the woods. I was never afraid of serial killers or alien monsters or vampires or anything like that, but a glowing humanoid with a dead look on it's face floating around in a Simpsons episode made the hairs on my arms stand up, go figure.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 11:29:58 PM »

The TV series One Step Beyond
I seem to recall an episode of ONE STEP BEYOND that freaked me out: people on an archeological dig (or something) are attacked by an invisible giant and a face mask is made of one of the dead with an enormous handprint across his throat and face . . . purported to be based on a real event by the narrator as all the episodes were, though that memory would go back to the dim dark recesses of earliest childhood. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Raffine

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 11:39:19 PM »

I seem to recall an episode of ONE STEP BEYOND that freaked me out: people on an archeological dig (or something) are attacked by an invisible giant and a face mask is made of one of the dead with an enormous handprint across his throat and face . . . purported to be based on a real event by the narrator as all the episodes were, though that memory would go back to the dim dark recesses of earliest childhood. 

My sister gave me a 12 DVD collection of this for Christmas.

I really need to sit down and watch these.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
venomx
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2007, 12:25:12 AM »

1 thing makes me feel like erhhhhhh even today ... Meg Mucklebones from Legend the swamp witch. I dont like her looks at all. ok Im gona remove this pic from my harddrive now it makes me sick lol.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 12:27:37 AM by venomx » Logged
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2007, 12:55:03 AM »

In the remake of The Thing, when the infected guy's head stretches off his body, then sprouts spider legs and scuttles off, that messed with me very badly. 

I watched both versions of this with my daughter, she was about 10 or 11 years old, wasn't worried about the bad language in the John Carpenter version (we watched it first) as much as the special effects, pretty strong stuff, but at this scene she agreed with the character who finally sees the head/crab thing and says "you gotta be f*****g kidding me. She turned to me and said "that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a movie". Big sigh of relief on my part, she wanted to see these two and I didn't want to scare her, she was OK with this one. The original gave her nightmares, she woke up yelling not about the monster but about the spacecraft's fin that was sticking out of the polar ice. I still tease her about this once in  while, look out it's THE FIN!

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2007, 01:42:02 AM »

1 thing makes me feel like erhhhhhh even today ... Meg Mucklebones from Legend the swamp witch. I dont like her looks at all. ok Im gona remove this pic from my harddrive now it makes me sick lol.
"What a nice, FAT, boy!
I watched both versions of this with my daughter, she was about 10 or 11 years old, she agreed with the character who finally sees the head/crab thing and says "you gotta be f*****g kidding me. She turned to me and said "that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a movie". The original gave her nightmares, she woke up yelling not about the monster but about the spacecraft's fin that was sticking out of the polar ice. I still tease her about this once in  while, look out it's THE FIN!
  I agree with your daughter, though I really like the grotesque remake of THE THING, the original is scarier to me, including the idea of the spaceship frozen in the Antarctic ice . . .

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2007, 01:36:03 PM »

:::shudder::: DUDE! SERIOUSLY! DON'T FREAK ME OUT LIKE THAT! *BARF* Ms. Mucklebones gave me many terrifying nights as a lil' Anubis...

Wink

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
venomx
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 01:38:22 PM »

I see Im not the only person who hates Mucklebones  Buggedout If I was in a dark old basement and she started running at me ... Id kill myself pretty fast ... shes ugly !
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 01:41:04 PM by venomx » Logged
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2007, 01:43:02 PM »

I see Im not the only person who hates Mucklebones  Buggedout

I saw Legend as a kid and the only thing I retained from the movie wasn't Tim Curry as Darkness, but Meg f*cking Mucklebones. I had this weird dream that involved two guys in a rowboat pointing to the window of the Bates house, seeing "mother"'s shadow, then screaming as Meg comes up from the water and drags them both screaming into the swamp... Second most disturbing nightmare of my life.

Drink
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 01:18:24 AM by tombofanubisdotcom » Logged

peter johnson

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2007, 03:22:39 PM »

Ol' Meg's a charmer for sure -- We watched just her scene from the Legends film here recently as part of our CheeseFest evening -- Not just her, but that swamp where she lives . . . I think Peter Jackson took a bit of that for the swamp of the dead in the Rings film --
     Reading back over this thread, I see I missed a remark from Dennis about Northwest Passage!  How well I recall the head-eating man -- This movie must've been in the Public Domain in the late '50's/early '60's, as every time I visited my Grandmother in Washington, D.C., Channel 5 Metromedia was ALWAYS playing it -- brrr . . .
That and the Astro-Boy cartoons . . .
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2007, 06:37:37 PM »

i remeber something else that was freaky.  In Excalibur there is a scence with several knights hanging from a tree, long since dead, with a vulture pecking on of their eyes out.  Speaking of which the Birds had some pretty freaky moments too.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2007, 11:58:01 PM »

i remeber something else that was freaky.  In Excalibur there is a scence with several knights hanging from a tree, long since dead, with a vulture pecking on of their eyes out.  Speaking of which the Birds had some pretty freaky moments too.
This thread has evolved a long way from who freaked you out to what freaked you out, but I love every word of it.  The scene you describe from EXCALIBUR is deliciously gruesome; I realize now this is a strange secret favorite film of mine; I think it's Percival who witnesses that . . . no? 

John Boorman also directed HELL IN THE PACIFIC, DELIVERANCE, ZARDOZ, HOPE AND GLORY . . .  some real good stuff! 

Jim H

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2007, 11:47:40 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WHO FREAKED YOU OUT? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.