Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:41:56 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What have you been listening to? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 966
Author Topic: What have you been listening to?  (Read 2657886 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: May 03, 2007, 02:08:57 AM »

I'm listening to these right now, a mix I created on my pc:

The VELVET UNDERGROUND ~ "The Black Angel's Death Song" "I'm Waiting For The Man" and "I'll Be Your Mirror." 
MC5 ~ "Call Me Animal," "High School,"  "Teenage Lust," and other selections from BACK IN THE USA
THE STOOGES ~ "Loose" and "Dirt" from FUN HOUSE plus more and selections from their first including "I Wanna Be Your Dog"  and "1969."
THE NEW YORK DOLLS: "Lonely Planet Boy," "Frankenstein" "Personality Crisis" and "Private World"
and selections by THE SHAGGS, FLORENCE FOSTER JENKINS and CAPTAIN BEEFHEART. 

What have you been listening to? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 02:24:44 AM »

Lately, mostly Webb Wilder
I tend to download a lot of cheesey soundtracks from http://www.eccentric-cinema.com/ & I recently found a fan page with mp3s of Mothra's chants & songs

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 08:47:55 PM »

Lately, mostly Webb Wilder
I tend to download a lot of cheesey soundtracks from http://www.eccentric-cinema.com/ & I recently found a fan page with mp3s of Mothra's chants & songs
I listen to alot of soundtracks also, lately TAXI DRIVER and other tidbits like one done by the LOVIN' SPOONFUL for Francis Ford Coppola's very early film YOU'RE A BIG BOY NOW.  The instrumental track is "Lonely (Amy's Theme)".

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 09:08:32 PM »

The Arrogant Sons Of b***hes - Self Titled Album - It's pretty much a collected works from TASOB covering most of their stuff from 1998-2004.  Great punk-ska with some hardcore influences.

Bane - Give Blood - Great hardcore album from Bane.  Ante Up is one of my favorite tracks.  Really gets me going.

Bad Religion - How Could Hell Be Any Worse? - The best album to ever be released by BR.  It's a collection of their early stuff and it's some of the best punk to ever be recorded.

Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb - Debut album from Streetlight Manifesto.  Absolutely amazing ska-punk.  I see these guys at a regional House Of Blues back in November and they were absolutely amazing.  Well worth listening to.

88 Fingers Louie - Back On The Streets - The best album 88 Fingers put out.  Used to listen to this thing religiously back in high school.  Just recently rediscovered it while ripping a bunch of old cds to my computer.  Still holds up extremely well.

The Descendents - Everything Sucks - I think it's safe to say I love 90s punk. 

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 09:28:34 PM »

Fairly regularly listening to THE RAMONES: ROCKET TO RUSSIA and RAMONES. Favourite tunes: "Rockaway Beach" and "Sheena is A Punk Rocker" on ROCKET TO RUSSIA and "Chainsaw" and "Blitzkreig Bop" on RAMONES.  I also love those classic tunes they do covers off on these two albums. When I'm not listening to that, I usually am playing THE CLASH's LONDON CALLING.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 10:49:44 PM »

Fairly regularly listening to THE RAMONES: ROCKET TO RUSSIA and RAMONES. Favourite tunes: "Rockaway Beach" and "Sheena is A Punk Rocker" on ROCKET TO RUSSIA and "Chainsaw" and "Blitzkreig Bop" on RAMONES.  I also love those classic tunes they do covers off on these two albums. When I'm not listening to that, I usually am playing THE CLASH's LONDON CALLING.
Just uploaded LONDON CALLING; great record. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 11:08:31 PM »

I think it's safe to say I love 90s punk. 
The Descendents, 88 Fingers, Bad Religion, interesting selections . . .
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 08:50:47 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 10:32:38 PM »

Well, my tastes are out of sync with most of you:

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin': The Very Best of...

Some mix tapes of stuff I taped off Internet and regular radio. Mixups of old psychdelic groups (Tim Buckley, Procol Harum, Love, etc.), Celtic and Irish groups (The Tossers, The Saw Doctors, Flogging Molly, etc.), Some old time radio (Jack Benny, Fred Allen, Groucho Marx), and some standup comedy (Lewis Black, Mitch Hedburg, Joe Rogan). Also the odd song or DJ talk from Little Steven's Underground Garage and Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour. Throw in the occasional Tool, Rage Against the Machine, or 90s rock/grunge/alternative tune that brings back memories - good or bad.

Ah the joys of having a good tough reliable car with a lousy radio and only a tape player.

I tried a CD kit, bought a cheap one that had lousy output (only played through one side) took it back. Might try another one that plays MP3s & WMAs or just get a full-on MP3 player since I want to load up on those cheap Old Time radio show discs that were being talked about in another topic. Good for the longer drives I'm starting to make again.

Added a "u" to Groucho. "Grocho Marx" might be a Mexican Groucho impersonator.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 03:37:35 PM by Yaddo 42 » Logged

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 12:15:59 AM »

Well, my tastes are out of sync with most of you:

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin': The Very Best of...
Ah!  Harry Nillsson is not out-of-sync with me . . . love everything he's done particularly MIDNIGHT COWBOY selections and those easy 70s singer/songwriter hits! 

I've been listening to LOVE's Forever Changes alot lately and love the idea of a Jack Benny Groucho Marx mix! 

As for the rest, Ah Youth!   Drink

Yaddo 42

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 10:19:16 PM »

I like topics like this, they're always fun, and I get to hear about stuff I wouldn't elsewise.

Yuki Kajiura - "Your Place", Madlax OST 2. On the anime music station on AOL Radio.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 12:06:35 AM »

I recently picked up this CD...

Old school KISS is the bomb!
All of the songs on it are from the 70's when they were at their peak.

I love to crank Strutter, Love Gun or Detroit Rock City in my car.
Good drivin' music!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 03:41:42 AM by Ash » Logged
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 09:55:23 PM »

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Yaddo 42

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 10:21:58 PM »

Isaac, is that Cd any good? I have Hank III's Rising Outlaw disc and enjoy it. What can you tell me about the last track or is it on a disc of it's own?

Right now, I'm trying to listen to a Terry Thomas/Peter Sellers Movie I rented, Carlton Browne of the F.O., and not doing a very good job of it, may have to get it again.

Musically, I've been listening to Warren Zevon's Stand In the Fire disc. Excellent live album, some great versions of old favorites. Also a 2 disc compilation of Gong, called Magick Invocations. A mixed bag but a few tracks stand out.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 10:41:08 PM »

Vocals are kind of weird. Modern pop with edge with a hardcore feel. Like the old 77 punk but modern.Saw them live too. Great stuff

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 07:33:19 AM »

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 966
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What have you been listening to? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.