Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:31:36 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Proposed Forum Change « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Proposed Forum Change  (Read 6179 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 08, 2007, 10:56:07 AM »

Nothing crazy, but I have continously been thinking about adding a "Community" sub-section.  Under that would appear a few areas.

Friendly Chat (or other appropriate name)
Board for us all to talk about family, ourselves, our jobs, etc.

Lost Friends
Threads dedicated for posters who are gone.  J.R. and JohnL have been on my mind lately, along with people like David Emery, Squishy, Deej, Fearless Freep, and others.

Proposed Forum Changes
This might belong as a child board under Trouble Tickets, but a place for us to talk about changes before they are made.

My other thought, which I have been leaning toward at present, is to add "Community" under 'Other Topics" as a board, with a child board of "Lost Friends."  The "Proposed Forum Changes" would become a child board of "Trouble Tickets."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 11:05:35 AM »

I like the ideas Andrew.

I especially like the Lost Friends idea.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 11:06:31 AM »

Lost Friends
Threads dedicated for posters who are gone.  J.R. and JohnL have been on my mind lately, along with people like David Emery, Squishy, Deej, Fearless Freep, and others.

A kind of Hall Of Fame for the Badmovie.org forum.  BounceGiggle

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 11:53:59 AM »

I'd like to suggest a sub-section for Pros & novices (ie, writers, actors, cinematographers, etc.) who are in the biz or dabble in the trade.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 12:04:52 PM »

Thats interesting LilCerberus.

Also the interactive movie scripts are fun. Maybe a section for the likes of SUPER PORCUPINE OMELET. Not sure how successful the topic would be as most would prefer to copyright their original material.

rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 12:17:49 PM »

what about a section where people can discuss where to buy b-movies in their area?

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 12:36:27 PM »

Sounds like some great ideas Andrew. I say go for it and see what shakes out. If any of the boards is not used you can always can it later.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Menard
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 03:33:13 PM »

Friendly Chat (or other appropriate name)
Board for us all to talk about family, ourselves, our jobs, etc.

Lost Friends

Although it is a well intentioned and likeable idea, it may not wash as a public forum.

The forum has certainly grown both in its scope and in the number of active members, both of which are good for the site and forum. However, with its growth comes a certain loss of tight knit community.

Overall, this is not a bad thing. With us old farts who had been on here for quite some time, the board was slowing to a crawl and needed some new life breathed into it.

The downside is I would not feel comfortable talking about my personal tragedy the way I did, nor do I think it is a place that JohnL could have talked about his tragedy. A high percentage of the members of this board are wonderful people, but there are just a handful that I would not want to have know the things I have shared with the old regulars (and I do mean old TongueOut).

It would be great to have a friendly lounge where some of us could table talk about the things in our lives, but about the only way to do that with a sense of security is to have a private board specifically for that, and I wouldn't think that it would be an easy nor desirable position deciding who gets in and who doesn't. The idea of a separate but private forum does not set well with me anyway.

The idea alone of a section for chat about friends, family, and old board members would be great for the board as a whole, but how much does that differ from the off-topic section and would there be enough interest to justify it?

If you do have a friendly chat board on the forum, I would ask that you dedicate it to JohnL so that we will be reminded always what it is for, and in the hope that he is okay and some day will return.

Yeah, kind of a mixed dialogue there. I don't believe that a new board could be a place for sharing like we used to have, but I, like the rest of us, sure hope it could.

Along the lines of what LilCerberus and Scott* mentioned, a board could be added that would be a place for memebrs to tryout their stories, novels, scripts, or other creations. In order to protect the authors, it would have to be bot restricted. So long as the author includes their name (real name) along with their work, for all intent and purpose it is considered their copyrighted property.

*It's an old and not particularly funny joke as to why I put Scott's name in bold font. On the old Phorum script, the moderators' names would always be in bold, even in the heading of a thread or post they started. Someone had made a comment about how neat it was that Scott could get his username to show in bold letters, so I just started always putting his name in bold letters when I mentioned his name in a post (uhhh...not like I picked on him or anything...ahem Lookingup). Just in case anybody was wondering.

Missing member update: I saw Deej on the board a few days ago. His username was in the active members list. I PM'ed him, but got no reply.

Just a few inane rants; carry on. TongueOut
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 08:47:37 PM »

Sounds like a good bunch of ideas to me, and as was mentioned if it's not working out you can always get rid of it. Thumbup

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 11:37:08 AM »

Menard, you constantly confuse me.  One moment I feel like you are a pit bull, ready to chew on somebody, the next you sit back in your chair and write a post like the above.

The effect is as if "Masterpiece Theater" were hosted by Spuds Mackenzie.  "And now, the story of love and betrayel during the War of 1812.  Appreciate it or I will chew your stupid leg off!"

I have added the Community and Lost Friends boards.  As a trial, I set it so that only posters with 25 or more posts can view them.  Beat me in the head if that was a bad idea.

I am all up for the board for people involved in making b-movies and cooperative writing.  Any idea what to title it?  I am at a loss.  All that comes to mind is "The Editing Room."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 11:52:40 AM »

Menard, you constantly confuse me.  One moment I feel like you are a pit bull, ready to chew on somebody, the next you sit back in your chair and write a post like the above.

I am a Pit Bull. One end bites and won't let go; the other end sh*ts out poetry. TeddyR
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 12:22:53 PM »

Andrew...That sounds like a good idea. On another forum that I'm in they have certain places you can't go to until you have 50 posts and other places you can't go to until you've been with them for 21 days. This gives the long timers a chance to get to know you before entering their secret territory. It works out very well.  Smile

And Menard, in the middle is a very large heart.  Wink

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 03:49:52 PM »

I am all up for the board for people involved in making b-movies and cooperative writing.  Any idea what to title it?  I am at a loss.  All that comes to mind is "The Editing Room."

What seems to be reverberating through my mind, are song & album titles, as well as catch phrases associated with Rock.
I.E.-
Bad to the Bone
Bad Company
Born to be Bad
Learning to Crawl
I CAN'T SURF! (Niether can You!)

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Proposed Forum Change « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.