Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:57:15 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DELIVERY « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DELIVERY  (Read 2496 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: August 20, 2007, 09:11:01 PM »

I spotted this low budget indie Horror flick at Hastings and thought it might be amusing.  I was surprised to find it well-acted and entertaining, despite the no-name cast and limited funding.

The movie tells the story of a pizza delivery "boy" named Monty - a huge, hulking, 6 foot 4, 400 pound bearded behemoth who looks scary and has a short temper.  His screaming boss berates him daily, children make fun of him, and women are either scared of him or enjoy teasing and ridiculing him.  He is haunted by nightmares about his Dad, another delivery man, who murdered his cheating wife and then killed himself right in front of poor Monty when he was just a wee chubby tyke.

We follow him on his delivery rounds, as he takes pizza (late) to a birthday party  where the irate dad swears at him, another house where a snotnosed kid teases him for being so fat - "You must eat a LOT of pizza to be such a lard a**!!"  and a random house full of naked women . . . I'm not sure if it's a brothel or a sorority house or just a random naked women place, but they love to parade around in front of him and talk about how short of cash they are, and could they PLEASE just pay him next time?  He also delivers to a little old lady who drops her pizza, yells at him for trying to help her with it, and can't hear him tell her how much it costs . . .  but hears and calls the boss when he gets mad and lets an F-bomb sip!

Monty's boss threatens to fire him if he gets one more complaint, his therapist sets him up with a second job painting a studio for her transsexual friend who tries to seduce poor Monty, the boyfriends from the Random House of Naked Women beat him up, and he gets his car towed by some obnoxious redneck towing company.  But things seem to look up when he falls in love with beautiful Belinda, the sister of one of his co-workers, who happens to be the boss's pet and Employee of the Month.  But when the sister  goes home with Monty one night, her brother beats her up, and the boss calls her and tells all about Monty's sordid family history, and then fires him.  She tearfully tells Monty she's gonna have to break up with him.

Poor Monty snaps and goes on a killing rampage at that point, taking out the boss, the tow truck driver, the tow company owner, the random house full of naked women (and their boyfriends), and finally he goes after Belinda's brother.

I was really surprised to find that Monty was a very sympathetic character, well-portrayed, and that for a ridiculous low budget indie flick, this movie worked for me on several levels.  I give it, oh, about four out of five stars for a good "bad" movie.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 10:18:24 PM »

I saw a used copy of this at a local video store for only 4.99 I think.

I couldn't really tell that much from the box itself as I thought it made it look out to be a load of crap. Your opinions of it have got me kind of wanting to see it now. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 09:16:33 PM »

Not familiar with this one, but after reading the synopsis, I believe I might actually pick it up.

Thanks for posting about it!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DELIVERY « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.