Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:48:28 PM
714462 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  What movies REALLY scared you? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: What movies REALLY scared you?  (Read 42736 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2022, 01:17:06 PM »

Not a movie, but Ghost Watch.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2022, 01:59:43 PM »

The Sound of Music

BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2022, 12:12:05 PM »

I'm not being snide (or not entirely snide) when I say the Marvel movies scare me, because their rampant popularity says uncomfortable things about the state of western civilization.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2022, 12:16:37 PM »

I'm not being snide (or not entirely snide) when I say the Marvel movies scare me, because their rampant popularity says uncomfortable things about the state of western civilization.

I suspect they have an all-controlling mega-corporation behind them that is the real power and danger. ;)

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2022, 10:43:29 PM »

The remake of The Blob from the 80's.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2022, 02:50:22 PM »

When she was a little girl, my Mom saw "Frankenstein meets the Wolf Man" at a birthday party and was so scared she threw up.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2022, 03:15:20 PM »

As a young girl my aunt had snuck out to see The Tingler with some friends. The movie terrified her, but what really put the icing on the cake is that they walked home part of the way through a cemetery. When one of the girls asked what time it was, someone doubtless laying flowers or whatever, raised up their hand from the other side of a gravestone to show them the time on his (or her I guess) wrist. This sent them home screaming.

After I heard the story I always used to torture my aunt Janice about how I was going to put the film on. Sadly she died recently and I never did get the chance to put it on and make her watch it again.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2022, 01:53:19 PM »

...I never did get the chance to put it on and make her watch it again.

It's probably best. She might've laughed.  THE TINGLER is pathetic, not scary.   BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2022, 09:20:11 PM »

...I never did get the chance to put it on and make her watch it again.

It's probably best. She might've laughed.  THE TINGLER is pathetic, not scary.   BounceGiggle

I've been trying to keep it almost 100% positive on here and not get too reactive/overly opinionated about movies I legitimately think are bad, but since you opened this can of spinal parasites... MAN, was I ever disappointed by THE TINGLER when I finally got around to it 5 or so years ago. I think every other one of Castle's films has SOMETHING positive going for it, but THE TINGLER....... I have to think Castle was so satisfied about the premise and the in-theater gimmick that he just decided to phone in the rest of the movie w/ no thought or effort whatsoever. Illogical, slow, fails to even play by its own rules... not scary... and even Vincent Price seems unmotivated to invest in the rock-bottom screenplay. I've seen even more dull horror movies from the 50s, but I don't know if I can think of one, ONE that's more mindless and - to use your word - "pathetic" than THE TINGLER! Even if I didn't authentically like Ed Wood's movies....... THE TINGLER would make his 50s horror entries look good/better! THE TINGLER was appalling.

And yet the radio ads really sold it and got you (the royal "You", me, all of America) reeeal psyched up for some terrifying tingling, didn't it? Sigh.
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2022, 09:32:04 PM »

But returning to the bright side of getting scared...

I have been scared at / during / by lots of stuff - however no one has scared me more and better than David Lynch. The 2 scenes from his filmography I always cite (though there are handfuls) are:

...The scene in TP:FWWM where Laura returns to her house mid-afternoon, alarmed that there is an intruder, and enters her bedroom... where everything appears perfectly normal............

...And of course the Winkie's Diner scene in MULHOLLAND DRIVE. That one is pure filmmaking craft - in the face of most conventional logic about setting up a jumpscare. It shouldn't still work on me, maybe shouldn't have even worked the first time, but it does the job, every time.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2022, 07:36:08 AM »

The scene of the crab-walk in the stairs in THE EXORCIST freaked me out to no end.
The ending of SLEEPAWAY CAMP caught me off guard for sure. I will speak of it no further.
IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS still has the power to make me feel uncomfortable, it's such an amazing movie, filled to the brim with details.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2022, 09:35:18 AM »

IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS still has the power to make me feel uncomfortable, it's such an amazing movie, filled to the brim with details.

Carpenter's last truly great movie.

Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2022, 04:00:41 AM »

Not exactly scared, but The Killing of a Sacred Deer creeped me out no end.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2022, 05:30:26 AM »

The Devils (1971)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2022, 11:12:11 AM »

A slight aside. I wonder if I'll ever see another movie that genuinely scares me?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  What movies REALLY scared you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.