Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:59:06 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel found dead in their home... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel found dead in their home...  (Read 72811 times)
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« on: June 25, 2007, 08:27:53 PM »

What the f*ck... WWE wrestler Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their Georgia home today. Benoit missed last night's WWE pay-per-view to deal with "family issues" and it's suspected that all three were murdered. According to early police reports there were no signs of a gun being used. It's always unfortunate to hear about wrestlers who die of drug overdoses or accidents, but the thought that the man and his family were murdered is disturbing to say the least. Whether you're a current wrestling fan or were a wrestling fan at some point in the last 15 years, you no doubt heard of Benoit and knew that he was one of those men who was truly dedicated to his job and gave his all in the scripted but incredibly demanding world of sports entertainment. Personally this is still coming as a shock to me (much like the deaths of Eddie Guerrero and Owen Hart did) and I only wish I had USA so I could watch the WWE tribute to him going on right now.

No doubt this tragedy will also bring an end to the company's ridiculous storyline of Vince McMahon being blown up in a limosine explosion, as it would be disgusting for the man not to make an appearance tonight to mourn the passing of one of his hardest working performers.  This sucks... this really sucks...

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 08:29:32 PM »

I literally just posted about this in the McMahon thread......it does make the whole "McMahon is dead" thing look even dumber, doesn't it? 

Wrestling would be much more entertaining if they stuck to wrestling and left the soap opera crap alone.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 08:35:50 PM »

I literally just posted about this in the McMahon thread......it does make the whole "McMahon is dead" thing look even dumber, doesn't it? 

Wrestling would be much more entertaining if they stuck to wrestling and left the soap opera crap alone.

I think we have the infamous "Brian Pillman home invasion" scenario to blame for the dramatic increase in rediculous soap opera material over the last 15 years... jeez, it hasn't been that long already, has it?!

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 09:22:41 PM »

Phew........Just read this post. Nancy was such a great act in Florida in the 80's with Kevin Sullivan. This is very sad. Will tune in later tonight.

Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 10:14:04 PM »

WWE wrestler Chris Benoit has been found dead, along with his wife and 7 year old son.

I'm not someone who follows wrestling, but the thought of an entire family slaughtered got my attention. I know there are some wrestling fans here, and my condolences go out to fans of his, as well as his surviving family. The deaths have been ruled a homicide.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 10:20:41 PM »

Jeezus, CBS just reported that Fayetville PD are now calling this a murder-suicide... I was afraid this was going to turn into a Phil Hartman situation and whether it turns out to be Chris's fault or Nancy's, the worst thing is the possibility that one of the two was willing to kill their 7 year old son because of whatever the problem was... this is so depressing.

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 10:25:55 PM »

Jeezus, CBS just reported that Fayetville PD are now calling this a murder-suicide... I was afraid this was going to turn into a Phil Hartman situation and whether it turns out to be Chris's fault or Nancy's, the worst thing is the possibility that one of the two was willing to kill their 7 year old son because of whatever the problem was... this is so depressing.

That would be really tragic.

Just watched the end of the Monday night show with the BENOIT, HHH, and MICHEALS championship match where EDDIE GUERRERO comes out at the end with BENOIT.

Torgo

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 10:34:34 PM »

Man, that's truly terrible. I hope they find the person/people who did this and put them through the justice wringer.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 10:37:30 PM »

As I posted this in the News section, the investigation has been upped to a double murder-suicide... uggh  Bluesad

Amontillado
Dedicated Viewer

John, you know Rosalynn.

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 08:38:44 AM »

......it does make the whole "McMahon is dead" thing look even dumber, doesn't it? 

You said it.

If I can build and install a pacemaker in this man\'s chest, I can damn well bouce a microwave off a satellite!
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 10:18:57 AM »

Uggh... the latest update says that the PD estimate that Nancy and Danny were killed sometime over the weekend with Chris dying on Monday. I guess all we're waiting for now is the official statement that one of my favorite wrestlers died as a murderer who killed his own wife and child... no wonder I have no f*cking faith in humanity any more...

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 11:28:10 AM »

It is absolutely horrendous when something like this happens especially when children are involved.  Pro wrestling has had it's share of tragic deaths.  Thats why McMahon, as already mentioned, is ridiculous for doing the angle he did with the limo. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 12:53:08 PM »

I have no problem with someone committing suicide, if living in a mansion and being a rich celebrity is that hard then go ahead and step out, but killing the other people in your life is the most cowardly, spineless act imaginable.  Maybe they still wanted to live even if you didn't.  Hatred

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Pilgermann

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 01:16:57 PM »

I haven't been into wrestling for several years now, but I'm still familiar with some of the folks involved.  This is quite tragic.

madbliza
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 02:05:48 PM »

It's official. He is a murderer. Supposedly he strangled his wife, smothered his son, and then hung himself in the weight room.

The only silver lining in this for me is, I love terriyaki bowls. Yum, yum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel found dead in their home... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.