Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:23:07 PM
712918 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Scifilm.org shuts down « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Scifilm.org shuts down  (Read 13731 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 11:37:51 PM »

What I know about Gerry Carpenter is he is truly sensitive to films and filmmaking, plus his kindness, helpfulness, thoughtfulmess...and friendliness; a true human being and gentleman.  I am one of the few that quarrelled with that board, a contrite prodigal son that Gerry welcomed back,  I'll be damned if it wasn't the greatest board...ever! 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 08:36:22 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 11:55:53 AM »

Sheesh...I'm feeling the love here guys!  Tearing up at work...at least my cubicle is not one of the prime destinations in the office so I can sniffle in peace.  Seriously I guess didn't know how much everyone cared.  Thanks all.

Nathan,  I'm still undecided about the ultimate fate of Scifilm.org, but I am working with and/or inviting everyone who has contributed content in the past to find a new home for their writings on the Internet.   

I've received several offers to archive the site wholesale that are much appreciated.  However, I think I would rather see Scifilm spores dessiminate throughout the Internet that can grow into their own fungal sites than simply freeze-dry the dessicated carcass of the old Scifilm.  Some like Jase's TV Files may take a bit longer to germinate, but sometimes patience is required for good things to come to pass.  Some may never be seen again, but I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing.  Time will tell.

One thing is for damn sure, no cybersquatter is getting my domain (unless they pay me a hell of a lot of money for it!).
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 02:25:54 PM »

Sorry to see another good site going away. Scifilm was a highly informative site and I enjoyed the reviews tremendously because they were written with great respect to the genre.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 02:51:24 PM »

"Nooo!!! The Paaaiiinnn!!!"

While I'm registered to post at any number of websites, Gerry's was one of the few that I visited on a weekly basis.

And to Gerry, it was fun while it lasted. Thank-you. I am sure that all of us here are hoping you will do well at whatever you do next. And stop by here on occasion, so we know you aren't dead yet.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 10:50:41 AM »

Nope, not dead yet.  Thanks, BSK.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 10:02:09 PM »

So Gerry, is your webmaster address still functioning? I ask because Dr. Mality (those familiar with Scifilm know to whom I'm referring, Doc's site and Message board can be found at www.wormwoodchronicles.com ) has told me his most recent e-mails to you have been returned and I haven't heard back from you on the latest e-mail I sent out either. I know it might just be you've been too busy to check it but I thought I ask now as I'm about to take off for a week or two on a working trip (tomorrow morning to be exact) so you'd know Doc was trying to get in touch with you in case you don't already know them details.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 03:41:15 PM »

Yeah, it's still working.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  You can always PM me through this board.  I haven't gotten any e-mails from you or Doc in a while.  I tried registering for Doc's Wormboard, but never got an activation message.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Scifilm.org shuts down « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.